Radio ON!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Radio ON!

Post by Smackie Chan »

Thanks (or curses?) to 88's time, effort, and $$, the board once again has radio functionality. The basics already work, and additional features are being worked on. I currently have tunes playing through it but I won't go on mic and won't be in chat for now. Click on the link near the top of the page saying "Start the audio player in a new tab," click the Play arrow, turn up your speakers, and groove.

88 = :bode:
"I see everything twice!"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Radio ON!

Post by Mikey »

Very cool. Especially for us home-office denizens.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Mikey wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:46 pm Very cool. Especially for us home-office denizens.
88 & I are dicking around with it so it'll be turned on & off sporadically.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Let me know how you are set up ---software you use, etc.
I'm on the MacOSX Catalina and have access to Djay Pro 2, Audio Hijack, Loopback, and Ladiocast.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

schmick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:57 pm Why not just listen to Spotify where it only plays songs I like?
You don't need me to answer that for you. Listen to whatever you want. This is simply another option.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Replaying older shows now.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:57 pm Why not just listen to Spotify where it only plays songs I like?
I would imagine that Smackie probably isn't playing too much Backdoor...errr...Backstreet Boys, so you should definitely stick with Spotify.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I'm getting the tunes but just "null" for the description. Is that Walter Trout?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Mikey wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:47 pm I'm getting the tunes but just "null" for the description. Is that Walter Trout?
Yes, that was Walter Trout. I saw him last month at the Musical Instrument Museum in PHX, which is a really intimate venue. We were in row 14 - the last row. No opening act, just Walter & his band. Got to meet him before the show, cool guy.

When I play old shows, the name of the artists won't be displayed. It will show "unknown" or "null" unless I take some action to display the info, in which case it will just show "TuneTown_(show date)."
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wolfman wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:07 pm Let me know how you are set up ---software you use, etc.
Check your PMs.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Smackie Chan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:05 pm
Mikey wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:47 pm I'm getting the tunes but just "null" for the description. Is that Walter Trout?
Yes, that was Walter Trout. I saw him last month at the Musical Instrument Museum in PHX, which is a really intimate venue. We were in row 14 - the last row. No opening act, just Walter & his band. Got to meet him before the show, cool guy.

When I play old shows, the name of the artists won't be displayed. It will show "unknown" or "null" unless I take some action to display the info, in which case it will just show "TuneTown_(show date)."
OK I get it now. That must have been a great show.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

88 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 pm1. Click on this link (I'd bookmark it, myself): https://s2.citrus3.com:2000/public/T1BRadio It should open in a new browser window. Click the play button and enjoy. Right now, archived Tune Town shows are looping.
I've uploaded ~60 shows I recorded from 2017-18 that are currently on 24/7 loop, which translates to about a week's worth of seldom repeated material (probably >2K songs), so you're able to listen to music anytime you're on the board and even when you're not. The only interruptions will be when Wolfie or I are broadcasting live shows, as will be the case tonight when I do one. As with the previous radio setups, there will occasionally be the need to hit F5/refresh to hear music, but those instances should be relatively rare. Just follow 88's instructions above.

My personal bias notwithstanding, I recommend to those who haven't listened to TuneTown to give this new feature a shot. Perhaps it won't be your cup of tea, but you won't know unless you try, and you might be pleasantly surprised. Those who have listened regularly may want to chime in to either vouch for the quality, or potentially dispute it. I know Stanley isn't likely to give a 5-star review because TuneTown is not a Top 40 format, but I can live with that considering the source. If you do, feel free to leave your brutally honest comments here in this forum or in chat. Hopefully, Wolfman will upload some of his shows and get back to doing live shows soon, too.

This is a really cool new feature, imo, and I hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to getting back to doing live shows tonight, and hope you tune in!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I'll vouch for the quality of the shows. Smackie has an incredible collection and knowledge of some great music. I learn something new every time I tune in.

Unfortunately I don't get to listen very often because I'm rarely at my computer on Friday evenings. I might try streaming over my phone tonight to the "main" stereo in the family room while fixing dinner and/or hanging with the wife. Can't participate in chat under those circumstances, though.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

88 wrote:Your sets and commentary are nails.
Mikey wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:56 pmI'll vouch for the quality of the shows.
Thanks for the endorsements, fliends.

I tested the system out on an iPad and it seemed to work fine. I'll go live tonight starting ~ 5:30-6:00 PDT (8:30-9:00 EDT). Look forward to ending the extended layoff and hopefully a few of you will tune in. I'll some corona-related music, other themed sets, and the usual assortment of unusual tunes.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rack the fukk outta 88 for spending billions of money he bilked out of clients earned by the sweat of his brow.

And no, he didn't use Coronabucks (TM) because high roller motherfukkers like him don't get none.

And rack Smackie for being the best interwebs DJ on the planet, now that Tom Petty has assumed room temp.

This show is worth at least what I pay for it, maybe more.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

How do I get the full name of the song to scroll so can read it?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Can’t log in through normal web browser to chat and listen to radio. I’m using Tapatalk app on phone, but when I try to reset my password I get a url error. Tried to create a new account, but it’s not authorized. Help from admins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:11 am How do I get the full name of the song to scroll so can read it?
Not sure. It's probably character limited.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Smackie Chan wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:32 am
Innocent Bystander wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:11 am How do I get the full name of the song to scroll so can read it?
Are you questioning Annie's character?

Sorry I wasn't in TT last night, but the Mrs provided alternate entertainment options rather early in the evening.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

smackaholic wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:07 am
Are you questioning Annie's character?

Sorry I wasn't in TT last night, but the Mrs provided alternate entertainment options rather early in the evening.
He didn't, but Garland Jeffries did.

The Missus should always be satisfied first.

(Frank Zappa was a dirty old man. God bless him.)
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

That sucks :( Oh well. Play more Friggs and female rock next time. Or did you already have a female show archived?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:49 pmPlay more Friggs and female rock next time. Or did you already have a female show archived?
Never have done an all-female show; that would be sexist. But can certainly play more music from the distaff side of the aisle. Suggestions welcome. Thanks for dropping in last night.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I did a show of all female bands and lead singers. Actually did it on FM radio years ago too. One time I did an all UK show and had a contest giveaway (a couple free meals at the local Chinese place) to the first caller that called when I played a non UK artist/band. The station manager happened to be in studio at the time. I told him to watch this. I put a Loverboy (Canada band of course) on the next turntable. When I did the transition the phone lights lit up almost right away. I guess I should have did a "caller number 5" or something like that. Fun times.
Rock on !

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

It's not sexist, Smackie, it's a challenge. You pulled through with Diego's Hiroshima suggestion. You and Wolfie's motto is playing the good shit, not just the hits, right?

Are female bands lacking?
Wolfman wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:05 am I did a show of all female bands and lead singers. Actually did it on FM radio years ago too. One time I did an all UK show and had a contest giveaway (a couple free meals at the local Chinese place) to the first caller that called when I played a non UK artist/band. The station manager happened to be in studio at the time. I told him to watch this. I put a Loverboy (Canada band of course) on the next turntable. When I did the transition the phone lights lit up almost right away. I guess I should have did a "caller number 5" or something like that. Fun times.
Rock on !
That's always interested me. Did you guys cheat with the phones, or were you always straight with the call orders/prize giveaways?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:24 amIt's not sexist, Smackie, it's a challenge.
Challenge accepted. I'll do it next show.
Are female bands lacking?
No, I have plenty of female artists/bands in my library.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I never messed with the listeners. Was glad to have them. Once I got a letter from the local county lock up saying the inmates were happy to be able to tune in. Thought that was cool.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Let's, like, do some shit & stuff all up in this bitch, yo!
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Hey, some cool blues...good to see you're not all dead yet. But where's any discussion of the Hoax? You know...Although they haven't a clue, they insist it's worse than the flu; with medical quacks and partisan hacks, it's not just a hoax--it's a coup! :wink:
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well this is halfway to something Zappa would parody, so...play some Frank and not only redeem this set but make it say something..
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Good set..
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Good set..
Before God was, I am
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:33 am Good set..
Thanks! Drop into chat next time & let me know what you wanna hear. Glad to have you listening.