When and how do sports return?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

When and how do sports return?

Post by smackaholic »

Is it time for the NBA to just say fuggit, season's done?

I think they could come back. Play in empty arenas. Fukk, play in the local HS gym. Televise it. It's not like the vast majority of the fan base doesn't consume their sports that way anyhow.

Same for baseball. Although, I think it would be possible to bring back fans. Just use common sense and pass out team color face coverings.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Re: When and how do sports return?

Post by Kierland »

They don't. Now STFU and eat your soylent green.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm Just use common sense and pass out team color face coverings.
Dear face recognition software and laws that ban face masks so it can work,

Go fuckyourself.

Sin,
CV19
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

I hope whatever happens it affects illiterate ghetto gangbangers from making $40 million per year....

I hate PRO sports because it's 90 percent illiterate ghetto gangbangers that couldn't get a job at Popeyes Chicken if they couldn't jump 10 feet or run a 4.2 forty.

God works in mysterious ways....I think this is God's way of closing down the borders and keeping the afreekans in Afreeka and the pink cave people in europe....and the dog eaters in asia.

Rack God!
GOD spelled backwards is DOG!

Is that a sign from God letting us know that GOD is a DOG?

I believe in signs....God sends all kinds of signs...it's our duty to be able to decipher them.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:28 pm
smackaholic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm Just use common sense and pass out team color face coverings.

Go fuckyourself.

Sin,
CV19
Pretty much.

Times change. Laws have to change.

This one will be a real conundrum for the jack-booted nanny-staters.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Go fuckyourself.

Sin,
CV19
Pretty much.

What conundrum?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/ ... eddit-ama/ forbes.com mattperez/2020/03/18/bill-gates-calls-for-national-tracking-system-for-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/

"Gates  called for a "national tracking system similar to South Korea, saying that "in Seattle, the [University of Washington] is providing thousands of tests per day but no one is connected to a national tracking system" and that "Whenever there is a positive test it should be seen to understand where the disease is and whether we need to strengthen the social distancing."

Poptart, what are Forbes and Gates talking about?
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm Is it time for the NBA to just say fuggit, season's done?

I think they could come back. Play in empty arenas. Fukk, play in the local HS gym. Televise it. It's not like the vast majority of the fan base doesn't consume their sports that way anyhow.

Same for baseball. Although, I think it would be possible to bring back fans. Just use common sense and pass out team color face coverings.
No. The average player in that league is low IQ. As evidenced by that idiot who was caught putting his hands and mouth on the microphones, simulating various sex acts.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Kierland wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm They don't. Now STFU and eat your soylent green.
Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!

-chuck heston.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:27 pm
smackaholic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Go fuckyourself.

Sin,
CV19
Pretty much.

What conundrum?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/ ... eddit-ama/ forbes.com mattperez/2020/03/18/bill-gates-calls-for-national-tracking-system-for-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/

"Gates  called for a "national tracking system similar to South Korea, saying that "in Seattle, the [University of Washington] is providing thousands of tests per day but no one is connected to a national tracking system" and that "Whenever there is a positive test it should be seen to understand where the disease is and whether we need to strengthen the social distancing."

Poptart, what are Forbes and Gates talking about?
They're talking about "big brother" Orwell, 1984.
Snowden is in hiding from it.
Putting a chip under your skin.
Nanny state.

I warned you.
This is what happens when you forsake your GOT DAMN liberty.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

They are going to open sports up again and everybody is going to go ape shit. They are going to get drunker than fuck at the events and will riot making the Euros look tame.

This will not only be sports, but at every bar in existence.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

As long as they don't start using vuvuzelas, that's OK.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Derron wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:24 pm They are going to open sports up again and everybody is going to go ape shit. They are going to get drunker than fuck at the events and will riot making the Euros look tame.

This will not only be sports, but at every bar in existence.
100% correct.
AND, let me just add?
Due to the stimulus package, every aspect of our economy will rebound bigger than you've ever seen in your lifetime.
Millions will return directly to work in a couple more months.
And the NFL will see it's stock rise 1000%.

Just do me one small favor?
Please go easy on softball.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

No major sports in 2020.

2021?
Maybe.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:44 pm But the plan to pay college kids to play college sports makes me ill. I didn't expect to hang in for much longer.
Of course it does.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

.088 wrote:No idea. Don't really care. I don't watch much these days. Same shit, different day and all. I love my Buckeyes. But the plan to pay college kids to play college sports makes me ill. I didn't expect to hang in for much longer.
They have already been paying kids to play college ball for decades.

Fans/dullards have just not been able to identify with certainty which schools have been the most egregious offenders.

Big time college sports has been a ridiculous farce for a very long time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:53 pm
88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:44 pm But the plan to pay college kids to play college sports makes me ill. I didn't expect to hang in for much longer.
Of course it does.
There aren't many times I will take the midget's side on something.

This is one.

Let's end the student athlete charade.

If we pay the fukking kids, some might actually hang around for 3-4 years. 1 and done has ruined college hoops. Football, not so much, but still. Why should these kids put their health on the line for maybe a college degree, some of which don't have the intellectual horsepower to put it to use?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s too hard, I give up.

Sin,
88pantyloads
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 am Answer my questions, Pollyanna. Do you pay all of them equally or some of them a lot and others nothing? What problem are you trying to solve, and how does paying some of them a lot and others nothing solve the problem?
You pay them what you have to. Let the market set the price. A bluechip QB will get more than a fat OT. The lower level players would be playing for their scholarships.

I would be fine with an overall team salary cap, just like the NFL does.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:44 pm No idea. Don't really care. I don't watch much these days. Same shit, different day and all. I love my Buckeyes. But the plan to pay college kids to play college sports makes me ill. I didn't expect to hang in for much longer.

Mrs. 88 has me watching about 50% homosexual couple stuff on HGTV (e.g., My Lottery Dream Home)and 50% homosexual couple stuff on Netflix (e.g, Schitt's Creek) these days. Aside from the occasional regurgitation of bile, it is way more entertaining than most professional sports.
Yeah. Sets a bad example for our children. HGTV.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Are they employees?

I thought they were getting an education.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

.088 wrote:You are incapable of thought.
Really now?

You are the dummy who has been getting off on the competitive farce that is college football for decades now.

What have you been watching, dolt?

.088 wrote:If you want to pay athletes to solely be athletes, why not just pay them a salary/wages to play sports and forget all the fake college student bullshit?
I don't advocate paying them to play their sports.
Sports are merely an extracurricular activity.

A student can earn a scholarship if a university thinks he/she merits it.
A 3 or 4 year full ride, room and board, books -- is a pretty sweet deal.

"Yeah, poptart, but look how much money the star player is making for the university. That is not fair."

If he doesn't like that, then don't play.
:idea:

Give all student athletes a small monthly stipend, of the same amount.
Yes, because I understand that a sport can take up a bunch of their time, and it is not possible for them to get a part-time job.
Let them be able to buy snacks, some entertainment, some other small items that they need at school.

They are universities, not fvkking sports leagues.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 am
Softball Bat wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:00 am Are they employees?

You are incapable of thought. Students are supposed to get an education. Students who excel at sports can receive an athletic scholarship in return for their participation in an extra-curricular activity. And students can be employees too. When I was in college, I worked in the dining commons and later in the chemistry lab for the university.

If you want to pay athletes to solely be athletes, why not just pay them a salary/wages to play sports and forget all the fake college student bullshit?
I agree.

But paying them over the table means following laws for compensation. There's no tit for tat chain to pull, the students become independent of pressures of obligation and discovery.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

schmick wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:14 am Student Athletes can not get jobs. The NCAA will not allow student athletes to take jobs that pay them because they fear that schools and boosters would pay the athletes just as a way to get them to attend those schools
Well, at this point, so what? No different from scholarships in the first place, and it removes the fiction of the student athlete committing somewhere for academic purposes. Football pays for all of the other (money losing) sports and scholarships by itself. Compensate the kids above board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:19 am
You clearly did.
STFU you smarmy tard.

So, is it a capitalist grab whatever you and your agent can get and let most get nothing, or is a union flat wage scale across the board for all athletes, male and female, stars and backups?
How much will the stockers make? Does the floor manager make more? Does a barista in NYC make more than one in Omaha? How the fuck are we going to figure all this out?
That it is too complicated is not argument, it's a 4th grader throwing a tantrum.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 am
Softball Bat wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:00 am Are they employees?

You are incapable of thought. Students are supposed to get an education. Students who excel at sports can receive an athletic scholarship in return for their participation in an extra-curricular activity. And students can be employees too. When I was in college, I worked in the dining commons and later in the chemistry lab for the university.

If you want to pay athletes to solely be athletes, why not just pay them a salary/wages to play sports and forget all the fake college student bullshit?
It's essentially what we have today.

My thought is that there should be safeguards in place which would allow those that actually want to get an education to do so. Otherwise, you'd have colleges telling these student athletes to put down their books and get back to the fukking gym because that is what they're being paid for.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 am They are universities, not fvkking sports leagues.
Bull.

Fukking.

Shit.

They ARE sport leagues as far as all involved are concerned and a very big business.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

When my brother played at Penn State his "pay" was tuition, room & board, books, and $15 a month for "laundry."
A lot of the argument for real pay is schools get extra money from the sales of sport's gear with the popular numbers and even names of athletes on them. Maybe it would be OK to have generic gear w/o numbers or names? Sport's officials have a pay differential. At the high school level in football is the highest. Baseball higher than softball and I'm guessing boy's hoops higher than girl's hoops. No one has challenged that as far as I know.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

If they pay College athletes I will NEVER watch another college game in my life!

FUKKK
U

and the "u" is UNIVERSITY FAGGOTS!
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Wolfman wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:51 pm When my brother played at Penn State his "pay" was tuition, room & board, books, and $15 a month for "laundry."
A lot of the argument for real pay is schools get extra money from the sales of sport's gear with the popular numbers and even names of athletes on them. Maybe it would be OK to have generic gear w/o numbers or names? Sport's officials have a pay differential. At the high school level in football is the highest. Baseball higher than softball and I'm guessing boy's hoops higher than girl's hoops. No one has challenged that as far as I know.
Getting revenue from a kids number and likeness, but not revenue sharing with the kid, is theft from the kid.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:49 pm
Wolfman wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:51 pm When my brother played at Penn State his "pay" was tuition, room & board, books, and $15 a month for "laundry."
Getting revenue from a kids number and likeness, but not revenue sharing with the kid, is theft from the kid.
It's not that simple.

Without the program, no one would know who the kid is.

It is a simple case that everyone deserves the right to sell his services at a price both parties come to agreement on. A top level QB will be able to command more than a middle of the pack lineman.

I wouldn't make it complete no holds barred capitalism. I think team caps is a good idea. Maybe do it by conference. I also think some sort of revenue sharing by conference would make sense, but I would leave that to the conference to decide.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Lots to unpack here.

First let’s correct a false statement. College scholarship athletes are able to work while in college and on scholarship. However, any wages they earn are deducted from the value of their scholarship. Most will of course not work since they would be primarily working just to repay their school. However some athletes at public schools on partial scholarships will work because they can make $25K in a year but only get a few thousand from their scholarship.

Also, no one talking about paying athletes has mentioned Title 9. Any discussion of paying the star QB x will need to discuss how you do that without paying the bench warmer on the women’s field hockey team the same amount. Anyone who wants to gloss over that fact likely believes in a flat earth.

I am on record as saying scholarship athletes do not deserve to be paid. If you want to pay them a small stipend of say $100 per week, I can support that. But that would be for all scholarship athletes. Anything more is unnecessary. Yes some athletes make bank for their schools, but 95% or more do not. There are less than 1800 roster spots in the NFL, there are less than 500 roster spots in the NBA. There are over 10,750 D-1 scholarship football players each year. There are over 4300 D-1 scholarship men’s basketball spots each year. Neither of these take into account anything below the D-1 level. Don’t kid yourself thinking these kids could go pro and make it outside of a handful each year. Further lots of people make money for their employer or charity or school and aren’t compensated for it. Why should athletes be on a different standard when they know the drill coming in?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm
Softball Bat wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 am They are universities, not fvkking sports leagues.
Bull.

Fukking.

Shit.

They ARE sport leagues as far as all involved are concerned and a very big business.
Universities formed conferences, but they are not sports leagues.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

smackaholic wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:49 pm
It's not that simple.

Without the program, no one would know who the kid is.

It is a simple case that everyone deserves the right to sell his services at a price both parties come to agreement on. A top level QB will be able to command more than a middle of the pack lineman.

I wouldn't make it complete no holds barred capitalism. I think team caps is a good idea. Maybe do it by conference. I also think some sort of revenue sharing by conference would make sense, but I would leave that to the conference to decide.
Consumers do know who the kid is. The program exists, pay the kid for his likeness and name. If the lineman has more name recognition than the QB, if the lineman sells more jerseys, pay the lineman more on that same revenue sharing.

There will be fraud, but there's already fraud.

How would a cap be put into place? What determines the cap?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Title 9 is a joke.

It needs to go away yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Softball Bat wrote:
Bull.

Fukking.

Shit.

Take your semantic games and shove them up your ass.....sideways.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:25 pm Title 9 is a joke.

It needs to go away yesterday.

Good luck with that. But you can’t discuss paying the QB without paying the female swimmer until you do away with Title 9 or pay both.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

88 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:08 pm
schmick wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm Title 9 is never going anywhere. I don't like it, it has killed a ton of sports and athletic programs but it's been there for 40 years and isn't going anywhere.
It is going to get tested by the transletes. No one will bleat as loud and as hard as the ladies when former men start beating their ass on the fields, courts, pools etc. Title 9 is very much in play as we know it.
This is already making its way to the courts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Female track athletes born as females are suing CT for allowing males born as males who identify as female to compete in female track events. The females born female claim allowing males born as males to compete as a female violates Title 9.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:26 pm
Softball Bat wrote:

Bull.

Fukking.

Shit.

Take your semantic games and shove them up your ass.....sideways.
You are a pinhead.

The nation's oldest conference -- The Big Ten -- was established so that universities could regulate intercollegiate athletics.

The first known action the university presidents took was designed to restrict eligibility for athletics to bonafide, full-time students who were not delinquent in their studies.

https://bigten.org/sports/2018/6/6/trad ... -html.aspx

The university presidents' interest was in maintaing that the universities were... universities, where those competing in sports were not there as game-players, but were legitimate students.

They were not interested in forming a fvkking sports league.

They formed a conference, so that a group of institutes of higher learning to bind together with a common purpose of maintaining educational integrity, while having kids participate in athletics.

What we have had for the last many decades is a gross perversion of the purpose of our universities.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:35 pm No major sports in 2020.

2021?
Maybe.
MLB is trying to cobble together a paln for some sort of salvaged season.
The NFL released its schedule and has hopes it will play.

Nope.

Oh, they might try.
All it's going to take is one dude getting the Big C to force the whole operation to shut down.

The country is going to have MAJOR issues to deal with in the coming weeks and months.

Zombies being able to watch their PJ-wearing heros trot around on a field?

Tough nuts, boys.

Jmo.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:46 am
poptart wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:35 pm No major sports in 2020.

2021?
Maybe.
MLB is trying to cobble together a paln for some sort of salvaged season.
The NFL released its schedule and has hopes it will play.

Nope.

Oh, they might try.
All it's going to take is one dude getting the Big C to force the whole operation to shut down.

The country is going to have MAJOR issues to deal with in the coming weeks and months.

Zombies being able to watch their PJ-wearing heros trot around on a field?

Tough nuts, boys.

Jmo.
No.
You're wrong.
Getting the virus is the chance you take when you walk out your front door each day.
That's called being a free individual with a functioning brain.
You don't get to tell me what to do.
As biological beings, the odds are not in your favor.
You've been duped and manipulated by the left wing government control authoritarian state. And as a result, you're afraid of your own fucking shadow.
We are getting to a point where we can blame a gun manufacturer when some felon animal commits murder with a weapon that was made by them.
The animal is set free to murder again because his ancestors may have been slaves.

If you ate fruity pebbles as a kid and now have cancer, you can get money from the evil cereal manufacturers.

I'm of the firm belief that the left wing government control state is the enemy of the people.