When and how do sports return?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

Re: When and how do sports return?

Post by Kierland »

schmick wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 pm Wealth gap my ass, you give a hood rat 100k and all he does is buy a G Wagon and a bunch of Jordans and in 3 years he's back to where he was
We know you are playing checkers but we already discussed that.
Bleating it out again and again is not helping. We are talking about the wealth gap not the money gap. Try and keep up.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:37 pm Got it. You refuse to answer questions and are completely focused on an agenda.

In your refusal you resort to name calling. The ultimate signal that you have no argument.

Plus your outright dismissal of women’s struggles is telling. It isn’t about justice or making things right, it is simply a cash grab. Don’t forget balcks could vote before women could. They still face all sorts of issues. Replace the word racism with sexism.

You should take Jessie Jackson’s spot when he steps down. You want to keep balcks poor and in constant need of support.

So sad.
So. What’s wrong with what was written out???
You have a problem with being addressed as a racist???
Go on explain yourself. Tell everyone why you are not some piece of shit.

You are a chicken shit racist and you can’t even step up and refute it.

You are some pathetic POS
Go crawl back in your hole and suck one thumb whilst jamming the other up your arse.

You have resigned yourself to being a total racist POS and waving your white flag.

I laid out everything for you to address and you ran squealing away like a complete cunt

Is that who you are ?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

You screaming racist every second doesn’t make it so.

I have also asked multiple time for a number on what reparations would be appropriate and you dodge. You dismiss outright the struggles of women which shows it isn’t about justice.

You can scream racist/racism but it means nothing. I know what I am and what I am not. I am arguing against racism while you are arguing to keep racism going.

But yeah I am the racist.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 am You screaming racist every second doesn’t make it so.
You're absolutely right. What makes you a racist is your own words.
Left Seater wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 am I have also asked multiple time for a number on what reparations would be appropriate and you dodge. You dismiss outright the struggles of women which shows it isn’t about justice.
More lies, combined with a lack of reading comprehension are not aiding you at all.
Left Seater wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 am You can scream racist/racism but it means nothing. I know what I am and what I am not. I am arguing against racism while you are arguing to keep racism going.
It's common for racists to deny their racism. It's a very ugly thing. I'm sure you think you're a good person. Most people do. Yet racism still exists. You're a shining example of it.
Left Seater wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 am But yeah I am the racist.
Yes, you're right. You are.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You screaming lies, but you keep being proven the liar.

Here is yet another example, with facts, unlike you who just yell it and can't prove shit.
Bill in Houston wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:13 pm
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pm Birth rates for women decrease as income rises across all races. Take a 17 year old kid who has come from nothing. Now hand him a $5million check. Unless he changes his behavior, he is likely to father multiple kids with different women. Then the women end up with large portions of his $5million and there are kids with absentee fathers. Is that leading to change? Again this isn't only a balck issue, it is socioeconomic.
You are wrong, and you create a false argument to support it. How often does your hypothetical happen? Even if it happened a hundred times more frequently than it does now it still doesn't create justice. I'm talking about making right from what was previously wrong.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/241 ... in-the-us/

I am not wrong, despite you yelling it repeatedly. Get your crap together or go back to .net for good.

And you keep using the word justice, but completely dismissed the plight women faced which proves it isn't about justice and is just a racial/racist cash grab.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

And you don’t give a shit about blacks or women, including your wife, or you wouldn’t be a big fat asshole.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pm Birth rates for women decrease as income rises across all races.
So this is the fact you use to make your point? Which is what exactly?
Your link also says
There are many factors at play in birth rates, such as the education level of the mother, ethnicity of the mother, and even where someone lives.
Hmmm, looks like what I've been saying all along.
Again, what is your point?

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pmTake a 17 year old kid who has come from nothing. Now hand him a $5million check. Unless he changes his behavior, he is likely to father multiple kids with different women. Then the women end up with large portions of his $5million and there are kids with absentee fathers. Is that leading to change? Again this isn't only a balck issue, it is socioeconomic.
And this Strawman, what is your point here?
You making up shit that you hope will change the historical facts that I've pointed out to you multiple times? Is this your point?
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pm https://www.statista.com/statistics/241 ... in-the-us/

I am not wrong, despite you yelling it repeatedly. Get your crap together or go back to .net for good.
I'm not yelling, so that thundering in your head is coming from somewhere else. Might be your racist guilt looking for some relief.
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pm And you keep using the word justice,
You seem to have great trouble comprehending it. Racists have a real problem with that.
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pm but completely dismissed the plight women faced which proves it isn't about justice
You put up a strawman and I don't grab on to it doesn't mean I don't understand the disadvantages women have suffered. It just doesn't make your point. BTW, what is your point?
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:57 pm and is just a racial/racist cash grab.
And again you put your racist stamp on it! Well done, POS.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:40 pm Might be your racist guilt looking for some relief.
He doesn’t have that except secondarily, his guilt (the little he has) stems from his knowing that his greed is sinful. Classic Christian Psychopathy. That is why EVERY thing is whataboutism. What about women? What about blacks that make it? What about this? What about that? That is how race plays in cause he knows he had a way better chance growing up with a single mom than damn near any black kid. So yeah his Psyche is Broken.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

More vomit.

Of course education plays a part in socioeconomic issues. Thanks Marcus.

The plight women faced/face is quite similar to what minorities faced/face. Your outright dismissal continues to be telling. It isn’t a straw man to compare similar things when you keep using the word justice.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:15 pm More vomit.

Of course education plays a part in socioeconomic issues. Thanks Marcus.

The plight women faced/face is quite similar to what minorities faced/face. Your outright dismissal continues to be telling. It isn’t a straw man to compare similar things when you keep using the word justice.
Look at you still twisting and lying your way... to what? keeping credibility? Don't bother addressing, you've ignored everything else here. You lost that so far ago no one believes you ever had any.

What problem do you have with justice? You don't believe in it? No concept at all?
I don't know that I've ever crossed a person with absolutely no moral compass. Congrats LS you are finally the first.

and you talk of dodging questions???!?!!?!?!!?!!!! scroll up this bitch and look at every question you've dodged, or lied to, or presented a strawman.

Your really are a filthy, corrupt, lying sack of shyte.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Typical liberal Team D member. Ignore questions, then call out others for ignoring questions. We get it, do what I say not what I do.

But let's try to find common ground here. You mentioned education. Do you support moving educator compensation away from tenure based to results based? Or do you want to continue to reward mediocre teachers who have been mediocre for decades?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You are an idiot, the problem is no local control, but by all means talk around it and then say it’s what you were for all along.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

At 12:22pm today three of the four major sports are in action despite posters here telling us they wouldn’t return this year.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm At 12:22pm today three of the four major sports are in action despite posters here telling us they wouldn’t return this year.
It's truly the sign of a functioning nation that average joes have to wait 14 days to get their Covid 19 tests back while we save all the best ones for pro sports leagues.

And, moron, hockey isn't being played in the US. Wonder why?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 pm But let's try to find common ground here. You mentioned education. Do you support moving educator compensation away from tenure based to results based? Or do you want to continue to reward mediocre teachers who have been mediocre for decades?
I can address questions. Is the question really your hatred of workers being able to collectively bargain?

Tenure based comp is already being modified in many school districts. It’s a positive move. Why do you assume all teachers are mediocre?

Pay attention, I’m including a few more questions for you. Are you opposed to increasing comp for teachers? Are you ok with paying more for education for all of the children in this country?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Despite your belief it is due to TDS there is a simple answer why.

Access to multiple sheets of ice in a compact area and temperature. With 5 to 6 practices a day and up to three games a day, they ice quality is a major concern. This eliminated most US locations immediately.

But your TDS doesn’t allow you to see the obvious.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:23 pm At 12:22pm today three of the four major sports are in action despite posters here telling us they wouldn’t return this year.
And yet
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29 ... oronavirus

And why can’t you admit to being wrong?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29 ... pportunity
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Yes I support more compensation for good teachers. I also support far more vocational education. Not every kid is college bound. We should be teaching trades to these kids.

And sure, allow workers to collectively bargain if they want, but don’t force membership as a job requirement. Further school districts should have the ability to bounce unsuccessful teachers. My mom went into the bing when my dad died and left teaching when my brother was a Jr in High School. She is my source for the poor quality statement.

Far too many unions protect their members even when they are in the wrong. See also police unions. But you want to support those unions despite their protection of bad cops.

As for just throwing more money at education, no I don’t support that with out changes. Just adding money isn’t the answer. Funding has continued to increase and results haven’t followed. Change something else and then we can talk about funding increases.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

And thanks for the two links that just prove sports is back.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

More vocational and few classes that teach logic and history and whatnot. BrokenPsyche never uses that at stuff so why should we teach it to someone else?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What a sad, pathetic cuck.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You would have called your lineman mostly mvscals and two ‘Mericans.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

mvscal wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:35 pm
What a sad, pathetic cuck.
Agreed.

Brees said nothing wrong and never should have apologized for his take.

Now he has revealed that he has no balls.

Sad.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Likelihood of a complete FBS season is fading.

MAC shuts down the season.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:13 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Despite your belief it is due to TDS there is a simple answer why.

Access to multiple sheets of ice in a compact area and temperature. With 5 to 6 practices a day and up to three games a day, they ice quality is a major concern. This eliminated most US locations immediately.

But your TDS doesn’t allow you to see the obvious.
Indoor rinks exist. It's a pricing barrier issue. Not an ice quality issue.

Outdoor rinks also exist, you're correct - maybe something else is going on. I'm where our summer heat lasted exactly two weeks this year. When the ice covers the rivers, lakes and ocean, maybe someone is out there scooping the snow out of the way so people can skate. But not any of the villages I've been to. Could have some dope traditional-influenced temporary outdoor arenas. Maybe in another timeline.

In this one, the missionaries weren't big on hockey.

So everybody in this part of the state plays a lot of outdoor (!) basketball (which is probably native rooted, not Canadian), races snowmobiles semi-professionally, and participates in traditional sports when not out ice-fishing or wood hauling.

So maybe it's more than access. If there was money in hockey, someone would find a way to have it up here.

Dovetail that with family access, family coaching, family opportunity. Who owns those ponds? Who coaches the teams? Who chooses the teams? How is equipment funded?
[+] trust issues
For GenX and earlier only (millenials and later have different experiences): If you're black, do you trust a cac to pull you or your child from outdoor ice? or do you trust a cac to laugh while the ice cracks? White people did come up with teabagging and swatting as 'pranks' -- not ni.ggas. Do you trust a cac with your child's life on ice?)
Everybody wants to be a star. Where are the star/scholarship opportunities for blacks?

Who's scouting the country's basketball and football (and hockey) teams for players?

If there was money in nik.kas playing hockey, where is it? Universities -- and high schools -- will lay their entire ethical foundation in a deep grave, never to be seen again, to snag enrollment or a transfer from a blue chip.

Does the same happen in hockey?

Again, millenials and later are different. BSmack is a millenial -- what do you see, when it comes to hockey?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

IB,

Screwy and I were discussing the NHL’s return to play and Screwy was pointing out both hubs were in Canada. That was specifically done for ice quality. It never would have held up to three games in a day in Vegas for example.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm IB,

Screwy and I were discussing the NHL’s return to play and Screwy was pointing out both hubs were in Canada. That was specifically done for ice quality. It never would have held up to three games in a day in Vegas for example.
Explain how Canadians make better ice indoors in the summer than USA?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It was never done for ice quality. It was because Covid 19 continues to burn through America like a wildfire with no end in sight.

You are free to join us back on Planet Earth anytime now because you clearly live in a fantasy world.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:39 pm

It was never done for ice quality. It was because Covid 19 continues to burn through America like a wildfire with no end in sight.
You remain a complete idiot. Get back to me when you have inside info or have worked for an NHL team.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That is not a thing.

https://www.chehockey.com/event/mens-ad ... -april-15/

But those aren’t pros, pros need special ice that needs to rest between matches.

Sin,
LeftBrainMissing
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:03 pm The arenas in Canada are hockey only and not something that's melted and turned in to a basketball court after each game.
The Toronto Raptors, much?

Par for the course
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:41 pm You remain a complete idiot. Get back to me when you have inside info or have worked for an NHL team.
Apparently your inside information isn't very valuable.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Bill in Houston wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Explain how Canadians make better ice indoors in the summer than USA?
And all the liberals want to circle jerk each other.

The average August temps have a ton to do with ice quality. Ice holds up better when the temps are lower. Having the pod in Vegas would have meant dropping the indoor temp in the arena 50 plus degrees some days. That isn’t all that feasible. Meanwhile in Edmonton they are dropping the indoor temp about 15 degrees on average.

The warmer the air inside the building, the faster the ice breaks down.

Next you clowns will try to tell us sand doesn’t drain well.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:37 pm And all the liberals want to circle jerk each other.

The average August temps have a ton to do with ice quality. Ice holds up better when the temps are lower. Having the pod in Vegas would have meant dropping the indoor temp in the arena 50 plus degrees some days. That isn’t all that feasible. Meanwhile in Edmonton they are dropping the indoor temp about 15 degrees on average.

The warmer the air inside the building, the faster the ice breaks down.

Next you clowns will try to tell us sand doesn’t drain well.
There are plenty of northern US cities that can provide acceptable ice quality in the summer. They were not chosen simply because we have people dying at a rate of 1500 per day while Canada tops out at 50.

Truth hurts. No one said you had to like it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

And that wasn’t the case when this decision was made. Sorry you can’t see past your TDS, but then again you hate facts and truth.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

We just had 2000 people die in one day last week. We've been averaging about 1000 deaths per day for months. I split the difference.

No matter what, Trump has 165000 Covid 19 deaths on his hands and these are likely under counted due to Trump corrupting CDC tallies. This long national nightmare ends on Election Day.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Ok how many have died from cv?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

schmuck wrote:If 2020 flu season deaths are below 60k then you must assume that those deaths were attributed to Corona Virus.
Wrong.

Flu deaths by season...

Season - Deaths
2010–2011: 37,000
2011–2012: 12,000
2012–2013: 43,000
2013–2014: 38,000
2014–2015: 51,000
2015–2016: 23,000
2016–2017: 38,000
2017–2018: 61,000
2018–2019: 34,000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... flu_season
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

His feelings don’t like facts.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 pm And that wasn’t the case when this decision was made. Sorry you can’t see past your TDS, but then again you hate facts and truth.
Sorry LS, but it was partially a covid issue.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-seeking-sh ... 26872.html
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?