How has the ‘Rona changed you or your behavior

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

How has the ‘Rona changed you or your behavior

Post by Left Seater »

I noticed the other day that I am thinking more about things now than I would have 2 months ago. It has also changed what makes me me.

I am the kind of person that will hold a door for someone else, male or female if I am going or coming. Now holding a door means you have to get within 6 feet of another person. This means the correct thing to do is just not even look, which I am struggling with.

Another example was at the grocery. I saw an elderly lady struggling and normally I would hop right in and help. In this case I stopped and asked her from a distance if she wanted help. She said she really did but that she didn’t want to get sick and also didn’t want to offend me. We decided that I would get the item she wanted and place it on a lower shelf so she could then get it herself. This way we kept 6 feet or more apart.

There are others, but what changes have you noticed in yourself?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: How has the ‘Rona changed you or your behavior

Post by Wolfman »

Screw that. If someone needs my help. I'm helping them. I'll still hold the door and other polite things. I can't do anything to make the bars/restaurants open, but have used take home and delivery of some things. The things I am in control of---I'm still in control. If Gov. DeSantis says stay indoors----fuck him then. This is going too far, and what is worse, some of these things will remain with us forever and/or return every time there is a new strain of flu or whatever. MADNESS.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Left Seater wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 pm I noticed the other day that I am thinking more about things now than I would have 2 months ago. It has also changed what makes me me.

I am the kind of person that will hold a door for someone else, male or female if I am going or coming. Now holding a door means you have to get within 6 feet of another person. This means the correct thing to do is just not even look, which I am struggling with.

Another example was at the grocery. I saw an elderly lady struggling and normally I would hop right in and help. In this case I stopped and asked her from a distance if she wanted help. She said she really did but that she didn’t want to get sick and also didn’t want to offend me. We decided that I would get the item she wanted and place it on a lower shelf so she could then get it herself. This way we kept 6 feet or more apart.

There are others, but what changes have you noticed in yourself?
At least you asked her. You're in the minority, anymore.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Jails and Prisons locked down as much as possible. Lots of video conferencing for hearings, no contact visits with clients in custody. Most misdemeanors postponed. Most civil stuff halted. Ca Supreme Court kicking felony trials back. Prison wants me to talk with clients on the vid which I’m not too hip to. Fewer calls from crim side, lots of rent and labor and contract stuff, which is a nightmare at the moment.

No school is a drag but I’m not 9-5 so that’s good.
Shopping the same, but I did hoard chicken food.
Cheating the lockdown with the girl down the street, but she is off work and stuck at home with her kids so...
Waiting for Wednesday to see what happens with tenants paying rent.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Wolfman wrote:If Gov. DeSantis says stay indoors----fuck him then.

You know, your president said today that he is extending his social distancing guidelines for 30 days.
In doing so, he said...

Modeling shows that by vigorously following these guidelines we could save more than 1,000,000 America lives.

What do you think about that?
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wolfman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:32 pm Screw that. If someone needs my help. I'm helping them. I'll still hold the door and other polite things. I can't do anything to make the bars/restaurants open, but have used take home and delivery of some things. The things I am in control of---I'm still in control. If Gov. DeSantis says stay indoors----fuck him then. This is going too far, and what is worse, some of these things will remain with us forever and/or return every time there is a new strain of flu or whatever. MADNESS.
What are you waiting for? Again, put your money where your mouth is. Video record yourself shaking peoples' hands, give strangers hugs, lick random canned goods at the grocery store. Then post it here. That's when we'll know you're really serious about this instead of acting like the typical butthurt conservative striking out against the liberal world order.

You fucking asshat.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:35 am
Wolfman wrote:If Gov. DeSantis says stay indoors----fuck him then.

You know, your president said today that he is extending his social distancing guidelines for 30 days.
In doing so, he said...

Modeling shows that by vigorously following these guidelines we could save more than 1,000,000 America lives.

Wolftard's been ready to throw the big switch for years, it's all about.....wait for it..."owning the libs."
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I go to the grocery store less. I'd go to the g-store basically every other day but I try to keep it once, maybe twice, per week. I also have started going early in the AM. Today I went at 7 after the Wolftards of the world get their special hour and the place was pretty empty. Can't get pork tenderloin anymore so I've been buying sausages and big bags of carrots for lunch and dinner.

I live 1/10 of a mile from a liquor store so I try to buy more beer when I can.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:10 am I still go to the Post Office every day.
Why?
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Why?
It's called interpersonal connections. You should try it sometime, instead of sitting behind a keyboard and screen, polarizing the country further with your vitriol and hate.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:59 pm I'd go to the g-store basically every other day but I try to keep it once, maybe twice, per week.
Which is why you intercity dwelling sewer rats will be starving when the supply chain breaks down and disrupts your precious just in time deliveries.
Can't get pork tenderloin anymore so I've been buying sausages and big bags of carrots for lunch and dinner.
Perishable protein shortages are one of the first food sources to dry up. But you would rather have those sausages to feed your phallic obsessions anyway.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How's your glass deliveries coming you tiny yellow tweaker?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:46 pm How's your glass deliveries coming you tiny yellow tweaker?
Channeling the midget again with his tiny tweaker smack. You are better than than..come on.
Derron
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The biggest change for me is working from home, which is fine with me. No more 45 minute commute gives me an hour and a half each day to do something else. I get just as much done here as in the office. Still pretty busy, though I'm taking a 25% salary "temporary" salary cut as of next week :evil: because the company as a whole is suffering. There were some layoffs, but our unit is still bringing in receivables so we're pretty safe.

Our normal routine is to go to the Vista farmers market every Saturday morning, followed by Costco. The local supermarket as needed for items that we can't get at Costco. There are no stores withing walking distance. Costco has been too packed on our usual day to even try getting in, though I went during Senior Hour last Thursday. I've stocked up on a lot of dried beans and rice, frozen chicken, chicken stock, and some other non-perishables. The farmers market is still going strong so there's no shortage of fresh produce. I've been making a lot of soups on weekends, getting creative with beans, onions, and other veggies, and an occasional ham shank. I make a large batch and freeze most of it. It's very convenient to be able to pull a container of soup from the freezer and eat it with some crusty bread and a salad. I pretty much gave up red meat a few months ago anyway and with more time for walking and rowing I've lost about 10 lb in the past month. Actually feeling better now than I have in a while.

We've had to cancel a few shows that I had tickets for. A trip to Santa Barbara that was scheduled for end of April is off, as is Italy in September. That's OK with me I'd rather do yard work anyway. Nice thing is we have a big yard and some nice hills to take long walks on. The weather this spring is pretty awesome so far. We haven't been able to get together with either of our kids, who both live in the San Diego area, though we're constantly texting. We do a lot of hand washing every time we go out anywhere.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Sweden is an interesting test case, they're not following any severe restrictions. The pubs and restaurants stay open. The attitude is, it doesn't really help and collapsing the economy isn't a solution. Instead of diverting money to bailouts, it goes into a health fund to prevent the collapse of healthcare in an onslaught of cases that couldn't be prevented anyway. Control the rate of infection to manageable and introduce lockdowns strategically.

Time will tell, but sounds the most practical. It does lack an element of hysteria, so probably won't catch on.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:35 am

Sweden is an interesting test case, they're not following any severe restrictions. The pubs and restaurants stay open. The attitude is, it doesn't really help and collapsing the economy isn't a solution. Instead of diverting money to bailouts, it goes into a health fund to prevent the collapse of healthcare in an onslaught of cases that couldn't be prevented anyway. Control the rate of infection to manageable and introduce lockdowns strategically.

Time will tell, but sounds the most practical. It does lack an element of hysteria, so probably won't catch on.
Phibes!

I've been waiting to ask you: When is your hero Kim gonna tell the truth about the infection rate in NK? Or is he killing them all before they can be counted?
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

88 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 am
Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 pm
Why?
I have a Post Office Box for business correspondence. I receive original patent grants and trademark registrations by mail, which I must report to clients around the world. You cannot send physical documents by email or fax (and yes, I still send a few faxes - state governments and some foreign governments are still that backwards).
There's something very real and honest about speaking to your banker, grocer, butcher, barber, postal worker, shoe shiner, milk man, ice cream man, nail technician, proctologist, etc...THAT you just cannot experience online, no matter how hard you claim otherwise.

I realize you can do it all at home now, have your groceries delivered, etc...BUT it's not the same.
Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Papa Willie wrote:My boys are home-schooled.
Home schooled boys are always nerdy goobers. 40 year old virgins. If you're going to home school a boy you may as well have the doctor neuter him at birth.
smackaholic wrote:I would touch someone's dick, hell, I'd fukking blow him
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So fat and lazy like their dad.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 am No big deal. I can survive it for a good while, but it still sucks. I don't go out much when I'm home, so that's no big deal. My boys are home-schooled. Absolutely "0" has changed with them. I've had fuck-tons of people calling me saying "hey man - so how do you go about getting your kids into that" followed by "holy shit - did y'all ever come out smelling good on that". I never expected something like this to happen, but I figured pretty much all kids would be home-schooled in 10 years. I'm going to take that down to about 2 years right now. They've gotten their social time, but understand that it's not an option for the time being.
Damn, not only are they your kids, you home school them! They're gonna be extra fucked up. They'll be featured in the sequel to 40 Year Old Virgin!
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm
Papa Willie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 am No big deal. I can survive it for a good while, but it still sucks. I don't go out much when I'm home, so that's no big deal. My boys are home-schooled. Absolutely "0" has changed with them. I've had fuck-tons of people calling me saying "hey man - so how do you go about getting your kids into that" followed by "holy shit - did y'all ever come out smelling good on that". I never expected something like this to happen, but I figured pretty much all kids would be home-schooled in 10 years. I'm going to take that down to about 2 years right now. They've gotten their social time, but understand that it's not an option for the time being.
Damn, not only are they your kids, you home school them! They're gonna be extra fucked up. They'll be featured in the sequel to 40 Year Old Virgin!
You don't mind being a 40 year old leftist, who in 40 years will be an 80 year old leftist.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Carson wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:41 am

I've been waiting to ask you: When is your hero Kim gonna tell the truth about the infection rate in NK?
:meds:

Well, the Red Cross is desperately busy...

planting trees. There's nothing else for them to do 8)
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:32 am Waiting for Wednesday to see what happens with tenants paying rent.
God help you, and every attorney assisting tenants, and scared wagies working for companies who want to keep it business as usual.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Went to nearby pet store to get some canned cat food. Walked by some taped lines on the floor and some clerk goes crazy telling me not to go into the store, but someone will get things for me. I wasn't sure what I was going to buy and said to myself (fuck this) turned around and left. Got the cat food at Publix. Same shopping trip to CVS to pick up a couple things. Paid for them and the clerk leaves the mile long receipt in the register. I said that he could hand it to me. He said some didn't want him to. Hell he had to handle the things to put into my environment destroying plastic bag. More MADNESS. WE got used to being treated like criminals at the airport. Now we are treated like we are carrying the black death. MADNESS !!!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 am Let's just say I'm not playing many shows right now. :lol:

No big deal. I can survive it for a good while, but it still sucks. I don't go out much when I'm home, so that's no big deal. My boys are home-schooled. Absolutely "0" has changed with them. I've had fuck-tons of people calling me saying "hey man - so how do you go about getting your kids into that" followed by "holy shit - did y'all ever come out smelling good on that". I never expected something like this to happen, but I figured pretty much all kids would be home-schooled in 10 years. I'm going to take that down to about 2 years right now. They've gotten their social time, but understand that it's not an option for the time being.

Shit changes. Like I've always said, going into the 20th century, a blacksmith was one of the best jobs a person could have. Henry Ford fucked that all up. Times change.

As far as the entertainment industry goes - it's absolutely fucked right now. I never thought I'd say that I feel bad for huge name acts - but they are fucked beyond belief right now...
This post needs more racks regarding homeschooling. I'm worried at the number of people saying they can't deal with being around their own kids. Homeschooling would resolve several issues. so would boarding schools for the other.

Just like with 'working from home' a lot of unintentional consequences are going to fuck office workers and teachers lives over when the accountants start number crunching...it's scary out here.

The entertainment industry fucked itself by not moving to new release streaming......however that fucks over the big boy theatres with whom they have deals and which employ many people.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 pm
Just like with 'working from home' a lot of unintentional consequences are going to fuck office workers and teachers lives over when the accountants start number crunching...it's scary out here.
Our state is mandating "distance learning" by April 13th. The teachers union is going to be hard pressed to stop this from happening, no matter how hard they try. Once the districts find out this can actually work, the teacher / pupil ratio can go way up, the costs associated with the buildings can be reduced and the kids might actually learn something other than gang banging and all the other daily drama they have going on. Given the fact that in my former school district, the retirement payments were going up by a million a year at least, it will take years to have any effect, but it is a start.

I have worked from a home office for years. Even when I was VP of Marketing for a regional environmental services company from 2009 to 2011, I only went to the office in Portland 2-3 days a week max and never for more than 5 hours. Back before all the good sharing platforms our consulting business with 6 partners in the US and Canada, we had no central office. We were doing 3 million a year and a very flat overhead structure, put a lot of money in our pockets that way.
Derron
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 pm
Most people have absolutely no idea how it works. THEY interact with the teachers online. I never have to get involved at all with it. It's laid out perfectly, and they do what they're supposed to do. Sure - your kid can fuck off and lag, but they'll fail. My boys are making straight A's, so you don't go looking to find things that are wrong when THAT is happening.

We did it with my daughter the last year & a half she was in high school. She did great at it, graduated from regular college in 3 years. She said that she had to slam on brakes the first year in college, because they were way behind what she'd learned in home school. Now she's in year 2 of getting her PhD at Emory, and she's literally teaching at a class in year 2. That pretty much is never the case at Emory in grad school.

So yeah - home-schooling works - or at least it works for kids who aren't dumbasses.

There is going a MEGA rush for kids to get into it after what we're in right now tapers off. This is going to carry into college as well. Think about how much money it's going to save in taxes for fuck's sakes! The home-schooling teachers absolutely love it, because they don't have to fuck with idiot kids disrupting classes, and I've yet to see a kid (including my own) who don't much prefer it to regular school. And before you say "well there are too many kids that come from families that can't afford PC's, etc., the states will GLADLY buy ALL of them the needed equipment, as it's going to be a LOT cheaper than physical school upkeep, etc... Again - less interaction with other kids, but there's plenty of things out there to take care of that. The major difference is the lack of distractions that are in regular schools. They usually get all of their shit done between about 9-1 every day. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, but that's the average.

Seeing how well it works, the days of regular schooling will be extremely numbered.
Props for the honest answer.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 pm
Most people have absolutely no idea how it works. THEY interact with the teachers online. I never have to get involved at all with it. It's laid out perfectly, and they do what they're supposed to do. Sure - your kid can fuck off and lag, but they'll fail. My boys are making straight A's, so you don't go looking to find things that are wrong when THAT is happening.

We did it with my daughter the last year & a half she was in high school. She did great at it, graduated from regular college in 3 years. She said that she had to slam on brakes the first year in college, because they were way behind what she'd learned in home school. Now she's in year 2 of getting her PhD at Emory, and she's literally teaching at a class in year 2. That pretty much is never the case at Emory in grad school.

So yeah - home-schooling works - or at least it works for kids who aren't dumbasses.

There is going a MEGA rush for kids to get into it after what we're in right now tapers off. This is going to carry into college as well. Think about how much money it's going to save in taxes for fuck's sakes! The home-schooling teachers absolutely love it, because they don't have to fuck with idiot kids disrupting classes, and I've yet to see a kid (including my own) who don't much prefer it to regular school. And before you say "well there are too many kids that come from families that can't afford PC's, etc., the states will GLADLY buy ALL of them the needed equipment, as it's going to be a LOT cheaper than physical school upkeep, etc... Again - less interaction with other kids, but there's plenty of things out there to take care of that. The major difference is the lack of distractions that are in regular schools. They usually get all of their shit done between about 9-1 every day. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, but that's the average.

Seeing how well it works, the days of regular schooling will be extremely numbered.
That last sentence may or may not put the fear of god in the teachers' union.

(Big O, your thoughts? What are you seeing, as a teacher?)

Rack you for raising your normie kids well, and congratulations to Daughter Tarkus for kicking that much ass that young. You and their mom did something right. Who knew the scat king was a normie who has his shit together as a parent.

Normal kids with parents who give a fuck, and self motivated kids are going to excel in home schools. Kids who know how to network cheating (ie. the Asia/India method) will also do well.
I think kids with learning disabilities or parents who are too overwhelmed to parent and work at the same time are going to be fucked, though. How to help them?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Carson wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:41 am

I've been waiting to ask you: When is your hero Kim gonna tell the truth about the infection rate in NK?
:meds:

Well, the Red Cross is desperately busy...

planting trees. There's nothing else for them to do 8)
So he's talked the people into eating pine trees again?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Not quite, chestnuts and limes replanted on mountain slopes (spare me your quips) prevent soil erosion - thus avoiding the fate of California. Their masks only conceal their workaday smiles.

How's the cooties treating you these days? Economy collapsed yet? I give it four weeks till you're wearing coveralls and breaking wind in the palaces of the mighty. :shock:
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Dr_Phibes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:18 am Not quite, chestnuts and limes replanted on mountain slopes (spare me your quips) prevent soil erosion - thus avoiding the fate of California. Their masks only conceal their workaday smiles.

How's the cooties treating you these days? Economy collapsed yet? I give it four weeks till you're wearing coveralls and breaking wind in the palaces of the mighty. :shock:
da fuq? :? :lol: :lol: what's the story behind that?