Tesla tumbled 60* bucks this morning

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

Re: Tesla tumbled 60* bucks this morning

Post by Kierland »

I hit it for another 100 when it was still in low twenties.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Elsewhere, Europa and South Africa are having water cooler talk:
[+] maybe
https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTIC ... ML&tabId=1
https://archive.is/WNuKb
https://committees.parliament.uk/writte ... /9253/pdf/

The British government’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency released a tender this year for “an Artificial Intelligence (AI) software tool to process the expected high volume of Covid-19 vaccine Adverse Drug Reaction (ADRs) and ensure that no details from the ADRs’ reaction text are missed.”
>EXPECTED HIGH VOLUME

Further down the page it reads: “it is not possible to retrofit the MHRA’s legacy systems to handle the volume of ADRs that will be generated by a Covid-19 vaccine.”
>THAT WILL BE GENERATED BY A COVID-19 VACCINE

The tender can be found on the EU’s Tender Electronics Daily (TED) which is ‘Supplement to the Official Journal of the EU’.

This should worry everyone, especially Bongs, because the UK government also recently approached Oxford university to question the legality of mass forced vaccination under human rights law. They concluded that, “The law permits compulsory interference with bodily integrity under mental health law. This derogation from the common law principle of no treatment without consent is compatible with the ECHR. It is arguable that if compulsory treatment under mental health law is compatible with human rights law, so too is compulsory vaccination.”
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/investin ... index.html - CNN Business -Pfizer's CEO sold $5.6 million in stock the day he announced promising vaccine news
they have to keep it under dry ice
what a logistical nightmare that will be.
>they have to keep it under dry ice
Worse, it is stored at minus 70 degrees Celsius in cryostorage. Then for a week or so it can be stored at minus 20 degrees Celsius with dry ice portable storage. Once unfreezed, you need to give it within 12 hours.
The technical term used for controlled thawing is “unfreeze”. Look up the official documentation of handling procedures by Pfizer/BioNTech.

The doses aren’t just “taken out of cryostorage and left on a table”, they are slowly unfrozen in a time controlled device.
>so every 6 weeks or so, gotta pay for another shot
No, it takes 6 weeks to be effective (first shot, 4 weeks wait, secomd shot, 2 weeks wait - full immunity). The CEO of BioNTech says they have 6 months data of good, persistent immunity and he assumes it helps at least a year.
Pfizer is exit scamming
Stock-market understander over here.

Read up on how insiders get to trade their own stocks.
You also need to schedule a trade like that, it can take from days to weeks.
No shit, he scheduled the sell off right after the announcement he himself scheduled
Is Pfizer a buy, hold or sell?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

NIO at 56
I might get another 100 even so
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

NIO is doing about as well as you could hope for.

I’ve been thinking lately about the EV charging infrastructure as a possible play. Should have jumped in a week ago but first thing yesterday I bought some shares in Switchback Energy Acquisition (SBE), which is a SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) that ChargePoint is merging with next month as a way to go public. ChargePoint is the largest EV charging network by far and also sells the hardware for home charging. Shares have more than doubled from 15 to 34 in the past two weeks. Like I said I was a little late but was able to jump in at 29. So 16% or so is one day isn’t too bad and I think there’s still huge upside, because this industry is definitely in an expansion.

Blink networks also had a huge day yesterday but I think ChargePoint is in much better position long term.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

8)

Yeah, I hear you Roach. 90% of my retirement savings are in index funds or a highly diversified "target age" robo-advisor account with Schwab, and I'm not at all into informed speculation with any of that. When I rolled all my old 401(k)s into an IRA a few years ago I set aside a relatively small amount to play around with. I've been lucky with some and not so lucky with others. But at this point, that pot has grown a lot faster than the rest and I'm playing with house money all the way. The nice thing about doing this within an IRA is that you don't have to worry about short-term capital gains. You just pay the income tax when you tap it down the road.

I learned a lot in 2001 when I got royally screwed by my own ignorance and overconfidence. That (hopefully) won't happen again.

BTW...SBE is up another 15% today.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Got 20 Shares of game stop on Friday to help stick it to the Kleptos at 50$. It’s at 330$.
Yesterday was AMC at 5$.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Mikey wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:01 pm 8)

Yeah, I hear you Roach. 90% of my retirement savings are in index funds or a highly diversified "target age" robo-advisor account with Schwab, and I'm not at all into informed speculation with any of that. When I rolled all my old 401(k)s into an IRA a few years ago I set aside a relatively small amount to play around with. I've been lucky with some and not so lucky with others. But at this point, that pot has grown a lot faster than the rest and I'm playing with house money all the way. The nice thing about doing this within an IRA is that you don't have to worry about short-term capital gains. You just pay the income tax when you tap it down the road.

I learned a lot in 2001 when I got royally screwed by my own ignorance and overconfidence. That (hopefully) won't happen again.

House money? Nice mental gymnastics there. It’s all your money. Why think of some of it differently than the rest?

And what is the difference between the short-term capital gain rate and ordinary income tax?

Good to see you’re lucky. You need need it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bill in Houston wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:05 am
Mikey wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:01 pm 8)

And what is the difference between the short-term capital gain rate and ordinary income tax?

There is no difference, except that if you're liable for short term gains you have to pay it during the year that you make the sale. This negates the compounding effect of deferring it within the retirement account. Plus I expect my marginal rate to be lower, once I pull the retirement plug, than it is now.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roach, I can't really say. I've never done anything in commodities or precious metals. I do see that my "roboadvisor" account has about 1.5% invested in an iShares Gold ETF (out of about 20 different securities in the account). I'd have to say that it depends on a lot of things. Your current financial situation, your tolerance for volatility, and a host of other things.

By all means, if it's $$ that you don't "need" now and you feel like trying something new you should go for it. The only way to learn about it is to try it in a way that you're comfortable with, and I'm definitely no expert.

Most of the speculative investments (bets) that I've made are in companies that operate in a universe (energy efficiency and renewables) that I know something about, and expect to continue to give good returns for the near future. I have one stock that I invested a relatively small sum in in 2012, and it didn't do much of anything until 2019 when it went from $3.00 to about $30.00. A few weeks ago it was as high as $222 but dropped recently to $181 and is now about 20% of my entire portfolio. I scares me and I've often thought of just dumping it all to consolidate my gains, but I think it still has room to grow. At some point when I'm seriously close to retirement I'll probably offload a lot of it and put it into some sort of income producing vehicle.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

No opinions on Robinhood app & its restriction on Gamestop stock?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What do you think?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:29 pm What do you think?
It's rude to answer a question with another question.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s the kleptos being kleptos and it is one more example of why there should be a run on tar and feathers.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Actually it's a lot of the kleptos, who were totally overextended shorting the stock, getting their asses handed to them by a whole bunch of "little guy" investors who supposedly don't know what they're doing.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The stock is down 31% today. So far.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Was just watching some talking heads on Fox talking about gamestop.

I only got bits and pieces of it, but it sounds like a bunch of little guys on reddit decided to run a troll train on evil hedge fund douches.

This sort of thing can work against a little guy who is leveraged to the hilt, but will it work against evil hedge douche who might have the resources to run their little troll train off a cliff?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The kleptos lost 13billion and exited their short position,
Traitor.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Doesn't matter to me. I am a boring long term 401K investor.

I am just wondering what happens in the end to all these little guys. Doesn't someone end up holding the bag when Gamestop inevitably falls back to earth?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:32 am The kleptos lost 13billion and exited their short position,
Traitor.
If they lost 13 billion, maybe the term klepto isn't quite right, in this case. But then, you never were much for using accurate descriptive terms.

Regarding the practice of short selling, what makes it any different from more traditional methods of investment? In the end, it is all a form of gambling.

In cases where you can show evidence of dishonest acts used to push a price down, it certainly is wrong. But, that works both ways, midget.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Diego in Seattle wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:29 pm No opinions on Robinhood app & its restriction on Gamestop stock?
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets ... lear_bomb/

I'm glad this place has quieted down enough for some actual DD written by a monkey with a keyboard and Adderall.

Disclaimer: I am that monkey. Let me explain to you what happened, play by play. I will give you illiterates who hate reading a spoiler up front:

We were within approximately 30 seconds of triggering a nuclear bomb that would have blown up the market. Do I have your attention? Here goes:

⁠Yesterday, new call option strike prices were added all the way up to $570. Do I have to go over gamma squeezes again? Really? We've been over this: when deep out-of-the-money call options start being gobbled up and the price starts moving towards being in-the-money, the call writers have to hedge their risk of having their sold calls exercised, typically by buying stock. This creates upwards pressure on the market. We've been seeing these movements all week.⁠Yesterday after market, you probably saw that coordinated effort to drive the price down and spook retail investors into a mass sell-off. It didn't work.⁠Last night, Robinhood sent out a message to users: you could no longer enter into new options. You could exercise them if you had the collateral (money in the account) to do so. Very interesting and the first sign of pants-shitting fear.⁠Today, the market opened very strong. It opened so strong that we were looking at a self-perpetuating gamma squeeze all the way up way past $570.⁠At approximately 9:58 am, the stock had reached $468 in a parabolic move.⁠Two minutes earlier, at 9:56 am, Robinhood tweeted that they were not allowing users to buy GME stock, but they would allow selling.⁠The trend instantly halted and started a collapse downwards, before picking up a bit, especially after some retail was allowed back in.

Okay, now that you are clear on the facts, understand this: The market ran out of liquidity today, or was threatening to get close enough that they killed it. What does that mean? It means they ran out of shares and/or capital. They wouldn't let you buy new shares because we were burning through all the shares on the market.

I saw an unsubstantiated post from a user (u/zshub) who said a market sell order executed at $2600 for him. Do you get the severity of the situation, if that's true? It means the buying was getting to the point where it was just about to put INFINITE pressure on the price of the shares. It means virtually any ask was getting bid.

How do you get infinite upwards pressure? A gamma squeeze triggering the mother of all short squeezes, just like we predicted. The call writers need shares to hedge. Retail is still buying more. The short sellers need over 100% of the float back. Add these together. There were more shares needed than existed on the open market. That's what a liquidity crisis is.

Listen to this to this remarkable (if infuriating) interview where the chairman of Interactive Brokers admits that they didn't have the capital to pay out the winners (us), so they took their ball and went home. DO YOU GRASP HOW INSANE IT IS THAT HE SAID THEY NEEDED TO SHUT DOWN BUY ORDERS TO "PROTECT THE MARKET"? Hello! He's not talking about the market for GME shares. He's talking about the entire market! The New York Stock Exchange. The NASDAQ. All that.

Remember the movie Snowpiercer? Do you remember that scene where the lower class people realize the soldiers who oppress them have no bullets? Go to the 1:00 minute mark of this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1EtiOhr6o

It kick starts a full blown rebellion. They have no bullets. It's the exact same in this market: No capital. No shares. Infinite losses inbound.

TL;DR: For all you who will just skip to the bottom to ask, "Do I get my tendies now?" the answer is this: they NEED NEED NEED your shares. Do you get that? HOLD. Like the guy in the movie, scream, "They're out of bullets!" and create a stampede. That's how we win.

They needed your shares so badly that they literally risked PRISON TIME to get them. They tried robbing you, and I'm not even exaggerating. They were within 30 seconds of all being wiped out today.

Credit: u/PlayFree_Bird

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:29 pm What do you think?
God bless DeepFuckingValue and all of the little guys with diamond hands.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 am
Kierland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:32 am The kleptos lost 13billion and exited their short position,
Traitor.
If they lost 13 billion, maybe the term klepto isn't quite right, in this case. But then, you never were much for using accurate descriptive terms.

Regarding the practice of short selling, what makes it any different from more traditional methods of investment? In the end, it is all a form of gambling.

In cases where you can show evidence of dishonest acts used to push a price down, it certainly is wrong. But, that works both ways, midget.
They fucked up. What Melvin did in the first place was probably illegal, but they all do it. They weren't the only ones, and Gamestop wasn't the only stock affected by that particular form of insider gambling.

But 2020 was an usual year. The stock market blowing up would never have happened if so many people weren't out of work and idle at home with nothing to do except day trade and shitpost.

The little people blew up Gamestop, blew up the stock market, using THE RULES -- not cheating, not illegally, not maliciously, not even using loopholes. The little people followed the law to a T.

The hedge funds cried foul.

What do you think will happen now?
Last edited by Innocent Bystander on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:17 am Doesn't matter to me. I am a boring long term 401K investor.

I am just wondering what happens in the end to all these little guys. Doesn't someone end up holding the bag when Gamestop inevitably falls back to earth?
Tomorrow is Day Zero. The only way the stock falls sub 4 dollars is if people sell. The hedge funds want people to sell.

Wallstreetbets is like, nah. Fuck you, pay me. And a few of them are willing to hold for 6 months if necessary.

So.... if the feds step in and artificially lower the price in spite of no one selling ... just to save hedge funds from paying what they legally owe...

What do you think Biden-Harris will do?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Traitor.

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Dow
S&P
Nasdaq

Will all take a dump tomorrow.

:popcorn:
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Traitor.

Well traitor I’ll answer that for you. They bet it would lose so they own the short sale. So they lose whatever it goes to. If you buy long you can only lose the investment. Do you have any idea how the market works traitor? Have you even seen Trading Places?
As for the kleptos still being kleptos, just ‘cause they got burned doesn’t change their nature. That is a stupid argument, even by your standards and you believe Dump was robbed.
What do you mean dishonest, traitor? Shorting over 100 percent of the stock kills the company even if it was a viable company. Again, do you have any idea how the market works?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:46 am
smackaholic wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:17 am Doesn't matter to me. I am a boring long term 401K investor.

Tomorrow is Day Zero. The only way the stock falls sub 4 dollars is if people sell. The hedge funds want people to sell.

Wallstreetbets is like, nah. Fuck you, pay me. And a few of them are willing to hold for 6 months if necessary.

So.... if the feds step in and artificially lower the price in spite of no one selling ... just to save hedge funds from paying what they legally owe...

What do you think Biden-Harris will do?
More than a few are holding and some platforms are allowing buying so we shall see. I’m in for a few more buys ‘cause I’m always down for a revolution. Great post above this one, was nice to read that take again. Don’t fuck this up and say something crazy and make me have to go after you again. :)
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

i hope the little guy wins. The hedgies intentionally tried to bankrupt Gamestop for profit -- because that's business as usual. They were goimg to put the little people out of work, for the profit of a chosen few.

Somebody looked at the numbers -- numbers available to the public, not secret (which is why AMC, Nokia, Blackberry and that Express company also started being targeted Tuesday) -- and saw the numbers were spelling out something probably illegal by the hedgies.

I don't think the little guy can win, because of this mornings unethical if not illegal farce across all brokerages except like Vanguard and maybe Fidelity. The House always wins. But the little guy can try.

We'll see.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:11 am Don’t fuck this up and say something crazy and make me have to go after you again. :)

WWG1WGA
YOLO
HODL
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:02 am
Traitor.

Well traitor I’ll answer that for you. They bet it would lose so they own the short sale. So they lose whatever it goes to. If you buy long you can only lose the investment. Do you have any idea how the market works traitor? Have you even seen Trading Places?
As for the kleptos still being kleptos, just ‘cause they got burned doesn’t change their nature. That is a stupid argument, even by your standards and you believe Dump was robbed.
What do you mean dishonest, traitor? Shorting over 100 percent of the stock kills the company even if it was a viable company. Again, do you have any idea how the market works?
Never claimed to be any sort of expert on the market, lil' fella and yes I did watch Trading places (fukk, Jamie Lee was hot). And as I remember it, the scandal wasn't shorting OJ, it was insider trading. As I said already, short selling, in and of itself, is not evil.

As for shorting over 100 percent of a stock, is that even possible? How can someone buy something that does not exist, or even promise to buy it? Doesn't the SEC do anything....besides stack MNC trophies?

If it sounds like I am trying to defend hedge fund scumbags, I am not. They game the system every day. And it looks like a mob of little guys all got together and gamed them right back. Good for them. And fukk Robinhood for trying to derail their little trade troll train.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You sure are dumb, which is probably why you are a traitor. The Trading Places reference was to WHY the Dukes were wiped out. Because they shorted the wrong thing.
And yes you can short over 100%, but like you said you have no idea what you are talking about.
Are you ready to denounce your vote for Dump yet? How about how he incited an insurrection? Or is the traitor label something you can live with?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Hit AMC for another 100@9.5$ in overnight trading.
We shall see.
They are also hitting silver so it’s up 2$ and I have kilos and kilos of that stuff.
I knew we were ripe for a revolution, just didn’t think it would be this way.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Hi, Smackaholic.

My understanding is that Melvin shorted by 140%, and Elon's twitter comments are schadenfraude versus Citadel because of cockblocking against Tesla in the past. A lot of shit happening between big players, but ultimately it's just a game to them, and we will always be lolgoyim to milk, to them.

SEC is going to prevent the little guy from ever doing this again in the States.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Trolls, this is really a very simple concept. One that even 'holic should be able to understand.

The caveat may be shorting more than 100% of the corporate shares available. That can only happen with derivatives, that'll wait for another post.

Two parties to each transaction, seller and buyer, mutually agreeing upon the exchange.

I don't see any way this makes one party evil and the other virtuous. Anyone? Beuhler?

The buy does not know if the seller is selling shares they own, or if they are borrowed (short). Would that matter to the buyer? Would you pay more to buy shares from a long sale rather than short?

Short selling actually makes markets better as it allows for all opinions on pricing valuations to be fully expressed by market participants.

Kierland is right on one point. The maximum potential loss from a long position is 100%. The maximum potential loss from a short position is unlimited.

Big or small investors are free to deploy capital as the see fit. If you're trading because it makes you feel good about "good guys" vs. "evil hedge managers", go for it. As always, good luck to you.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm You sure are dumb, which is probably why you are a traitor. The Trading Places reference was to WHY the Dukes were wiped out. Because they shorted the wrong thing.
And yes you can short over 100%, but like you said you have no idea what you are talking about.
Why are these hedge funds allowed to short over 100%?
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:32 pm
SEC is going to prevent the little guy from ever doing this again in the States.
No they won't.

But besides that, why would they?
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:39 pm
Kierland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:11 pm You sure are dumb, which is probably why you are a traitor. The Trading Places reference was to WHY the Dukes were wiped out. Because they shorted the wrong thing.
Why are these hedge funds allowed to short over 100%?
It's not just hedge funds. Anyone can sell short. It's the collective trade which gets to over 100% of issuance.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:38 pm Short selling actually makes markets better as it allows for all opinions on pricing valuations to be fully expressed by market participants.
Equivalent exchange asks why yesterday happened.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Bill, thanks for actually having a take on something rather than just screaming traitor.

Sounds as if you actually know something about the trading game. Could you explain the over 100% thing? Is it some sort of trickery or is it a legitimate thing?

What is your take on Robinhood's actions to cockblock all the little guys that were tag-teaming the evil hedge funders? I see that AOC and Ted Cruz actually agree that it is fuct. When those two agree you did something wrong and should be investigated, you're prolly in trouble.

Midget, I was kind of annoyed at your repeated pleading for me to repent, but, I'm warming a little to it now. So, continue. But I would ask that you at least put a little effort into doing it with the slightest bit of humor or creativity. TIA.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:40 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:32 pm
No they won't.

But besides that, why would they?
Rules for thee, not for me.

Anyway, if one can only buy whole shares, but one cannot buy fractional to make up a whole share, does that encourage people to sell their fractional (which is allowed) so they can buy a whole?

What happens in that millisecond to the sold fractional share?

Who is allowed to buy fractions right now?

Why allow the sells of a share, but not the buying of shares?

Something is still fucky.