What Happened to Phil Collins????

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

What Happened to Phil Collins????

Post by The Big Pickle »

Holy Libtard fukkkks!? :shock:

He looks almost as bad on the hairy legged freak in a dress burning Old Glory!
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Re: What Happened to Phil Collins????

Post by Dr_Phibes »

All his fans heard Neil Peart and defected to Rush.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

He became a sellout. Lost me at Sussudio.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

schmick wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:37 am His daughter is hot as fuck for a darkie
Your GM did some good work.

We got Joely Collins and a fifth round pick in the Rita Tushingham/Bryan Adams trade. Strong start, but she faded late in the season.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:37 am His daughter is hot as fuck for a darkie
Rules, JFC
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm
Rules, JFC

no shit.

he's most likely stocking his granddaughters crib with semi-automatic weapons... just in case a liberal knocks on his door in the desert hell-hole known as Rivertucky.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Me like racism.

Sin,
88burningcrosses
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:26 pm

I'd honestly never listened to much early Genesis, so most of my Phil Collins education came after "Edge of Night" (which I thought was a cool song), and later Genesis shit.

That being said - I heard ^^^^ about 3-4 years ago, and :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

That is Phil playing drums. Most people (certainly like Screwy) won't "get" this type of jazz-fusion type music, but let's just say I gained an ENFUCKINGTIRELY new respect for Phil and his drumming ability. Dude was a SERIOUS badass at the kit...
That's some good shit. Who's his bass player?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:47 amThat's some good shit. Who's his bass player?
The bassist is Percy Jones, who used to be in Soft Machine.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:30 am
smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:47 amThat's some good shit. Who's his bass player?
The bassist is Percy Jones, who used to be in Soft Machine.
Collins was an ok drummer.
But next to John Henry Bonham and Buddy Rich, he was utter crap.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

No dumbass, Collins was not "utter crap", next to anyone.

BTW, Bonham and Rich are two of my favorite drummers. Bonham, my favorite rock drummer. Rich, while not my favorite jazz drummer (Joe Morello), he is the undisputed big band king. Nobody can quite match his super-human chops.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 am No dumbass, Collins was not "utter crap", next to anyone.

BTW, Bonham and Rich are two of my favorite drummers. Bonham, my favorite rock drummer. Rich, while not my favorite jazz drummer (Joe Morello), he is the undisputed big band king. Nobody can quite match his super-human chops.
Are you a moron?
I got thru saying that Collins was good.
Remember "live aid" in 85'???
Collins and tony thompson played drums for the led zeppelin set.
Guess what? Collins was totally lost!!!! On iconic rock songs that EVERYONE on earth knows, this so-called drummer was pitifully lost and clueless.
Go to YouTube and watch as Phil gets his ass handed to him by tony Thompson.
You idiot.

And I repeat.
John Henry Bonham and Buddy Rich make Phil look like total shit.

NO drummer worth his salt, would've been totally clueless on iconic led zeppelin songs.
Yet at "live aid" in 85, phil was looking like a retarded fool up there.
Go head, check it out moron.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:41 am
EAP wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 am
smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 am No dumbass, Collins was not "utter crap", next to anyone.

Are you a moron?
I got thru saying that Collins was good.
Remember "live aid" in 85'???
Collins and tony thompson played drums for the led zeppelin set.
Guess what? Collins was totally lost!!!! On iconic rock songs that EVERYONE on earth knows, this so-called drummer was pitifully lost and clueless.
Go to YouTube and watch as Phil gets his ass handed to him by tony Thompson.
You idiot.

And I repeat.
John Henry Bonham and Buddy Rich make Phil look like total shit.

NO drummer worth his salt, would've been totally clueless on iconic led zeppelin songs.
Yet at "live aid" in 85, phil was looking like a retarded fool up there.
Go head, check it out moron.
That was a case of Collins not knowing the song. Had he actually practiced it, he could have done much better. He didn’t, and it did make him look like a bit of a dumbass.
How does ANY respected drummer NOT know a single led zeppelin classic, backwards and forwards?

That'd be like saying, how does tiger not know every single angle at Augusta. Or Minnesota Fats not knowing every inch of a pool table
Or Julia Child not knowing the properties of butter.
Or peyton manning not knowing every single route of every receiver.

Anyone worth their salt musically, knows ALL the iconic rock classics of the hammer of the GODS. No way you get lost.
As a drummer, you grow up worshipping the mighty led zeppelin.

You gonna tell me the iconic master chef Gordon Ramsay would be lost in a kitchen?
Or petey bootyfudge would be lost in a gay bathhouse?
Come on.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You really are a dumbfukk.

Collins has proven himself as a damn good Jazz drummer, which basically means damn good drummer period.

Could he outdo Bonzo at Moby dick?

Not likely.

Could Bonzo outdo Collins on a jazz fusion number?

Prolly not.

Neither one of them would look very good their first time through in unfamiliar waters.

You could make a specific point, as spray does and say Collins was unprepared. And I guess in that instance he was "utter crap".

But you tend to deal in absolutes, which is the sign of a dumbfukk.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Holy Libtard fukkkks!? :shock:

When I saw screwys new avatar I thought to myself

"That ugly freak finally posted his real picture! What an ugly motherfukkkker!"

Then I realized it wasn't an UGLY SCREWY....It was an ugly Phil Collins! :shock:

And then I thought to myself....that hairy legged faggot in a dress looks like Phil Collins too!

Surprised this thread turned into a thread about drumming when I intended it to be
about screwy having ugly hairy legged faggots as avatars!
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:22 pm You really are a dumbfukk.

Collins has proven himself as a damn good Jazz drummer, which basically means damn good drummer period.

Not likely.

Prolly not.

Neither one of them would look very good their first time through in unfamiliar waters.

You could make a specific point, as spray does and say Collins was unprepared. And I guess in that instance he was "utter crap".

I'm the dumb fuck?
ANY drummer worth his or her salt, growing up in England, knows EVERY SINGLE led zeppelin iconic classic backwards and forwards!
So this begs the question, HOW can you be unprepared when you know the song backwards and forwards?
The answer is, YOU CAN'T be unprepared, because you know EVERY SINGLE part. Everything.
That's what backwards and forwards means you low IQ cunt.
He grew up in England for christ's sakes! He would be able to play ANY zep tune. Especially a drummer of his caliber from England.
God you're ponderous.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Imagine that.

Someone posts a pic of a famous drummer and people start talking about drummers, rather than how pretty they are.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:56 pm Imagine that.

Someone posts a pic of a famous drummer and people start talking about drummers, rather than how pretty they are.

The thread title was "What happened to him"

How did he turn into a hairy legged dress wearing communist faggot that gives screwy a ragging boner.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:56 pm Imagine that.

Just be a man and admit you got owned.
Any drummer of his caliber growing up in England, knows every iconic zep tune backwards and forwards.
Thus, it's impossible to be unprepared. That's what backwards and forwards means.
He could play it in his sleep.
Let's move on.
There's so many topics for me to school you in, and so little time.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

I declare EAP the WINNER of this thread!!!!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

EAP wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Not likely.

Prolly not.

I'm the dumb fuck?
ANY drummer worth his or her salt, growing up in England, knows EVERY SINGLE led zeppelin iconic classic backwards and forwards!
So this begs the question, HOW can you be unprepared when you know the song backwards and forwards?
The answer is, YOU CAN'T be unprepared, because you know EVERY SINGLE part. Everything.
He grew up in England for christ's sakes! He would be able to play ANY zep tune. Especially a drummer of his caliber from England.
God you're ponderous.
Wanna know how an English drummer from that time might not be intimately familiar with playing a ZEP piece in 1971?

He was too busy making his own music.

Here's a newsflash for you. Not every drummer wants to work in a ZEP cover band.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The Big Pickle wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:09 pm I declare EAP the WINNER of this thread!!!!
The T1B kiss of death. ^^^^^^^
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 pm
EAP wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Not likely.

Prolly not.

I'm the dumb fuck?
God you're ponderous.
Wanna know how an English drummer from that time might not be intimately familiar with playing a ZEP piece in 1971?

He was too busy making his own music.

Here's a newsflash for you. Not every drummer wants to work in a ZEP cover band.
"Too busy making his own music"?

Is that your take?

You really are clueless.

Let me educate you.

Anyone, and I repeat ANYONE who is great in music, loves the greats who came before.

If you are a true artist with a critically acclaimed body of work in the recording studio, you absolutely were influenced by those who came before. And those who came up at the same time.
Music is in your blood.
Anyone who denies knowing the iconic music of the beatles, the stones, the who, led zeppelin, pink floyd, etc....is either ignorant a serial liar, or their music sucks ass.

That's how success works. Be it the arts or the business world, you stand on the shoulders of giants.

Too busy making his own music?
You've got a lot to learn kid.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Nobody here is comparing Collins to Bonham. That said EAP, you are as usual, way to over-the-top in your self righteous opinions. Different drummers have different styles. Period. Here is what a fellow drummer said of Phil Collins:

"Before Phil Collins became one of the most successful pop singers of the 1980s, he was one of the most adventurous drummers of the 1970s, working with groundbreaking acts like Brian Eno, the jazz fusion collective Brand X and, of course, the virtuosic Peter Gabriel-led lineup of Genesis. It was during a Gabriel solo session in late 1979 that Collins established his signature "gated snare" drum sound, quickly emulated all across the pop universe, becoming a key part of countless Eighties records. He used it again on "In the Air Tonight," a song that peaks with what might be the most famous drum fill of the decade. After that song hit, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton and many other superstars pulled him into the studio to drum on their albums. He suffered severe nerve damage to his hands following Genesis' 2007 reunion tour, making it nearly impossible for him to even grip drumsticks, let alone play the instrument, a cruel fate for an innovative and influential musician. "I love his drumming and I'm not afraid to admit it," said Mastodon drummer Brann Dailor. "As Genesis' drummer I think he's phenomenal and not really talked about enough. He's just such a great, well-rounded drummer."

Collins not only is a great drummer, but he essentially created his own sound which is emulated to this day. He has Robert Plant and Eric Clapton's stamp of approval. By contrast, your opinion is worthless.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:31 pm Nobody here is comparing Collins to Bonham. That said EAP, you are as usual, way to over-the-top in your self righteous opinions. Different drummers have different styles. Period. Here is what a fellow drummer said of Phil Collins:

"Before Phil Collins became one of the most successful pop singers of the 1980s, he was one of the most adventurous drummers of the 1970s, working with groundbreaking acts like Brian Eno, the jazz fusion collective Brand X and, of course, the virtuosic Peter Gabriel-led lineup of Genesis. It was during a Gabriel solo session in late 1979 that Collins established his signature "gated snare" drum sound, quickly emulated all across the pop universe, becoming a key part of countless Eighties records. He used it again on "In the Air Tonight," a song that peaks with what might be the most famous drum fill of the decade. After that song hit, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton and many other superstars pulled him into the studio to drum on their albums. He suffered severe nerve damage to his hands following Genesis' 2007 reunion tour, making it nearly impossible for him to even grip drumsticks, let alone play the instrument, a cruel fate for an innovative and influential musician. "I love his drumming and I'm not afraid to admit it," said Mastodon drummer Brann Dailor. "As Genesis' drummer I think he's phenomenal and not really talked about enough. He's just such a great, well-rounded drummer."

Collins not only is a great drummer, but he essentially created his own sound which is emulated to this day. He has Robert Plant and Eric Clapton's stamp of approval. By contrast, your opinion is worthless.
Well, it was inevitable. Sooner or later a fellow board member would eventually put me in my place. Hats off to you Jay.
You are indeed the worthy opponent I thought you'd be.
And, I take consolation in the fact that you're a board elder.
Getting beat by a mere piss hand would be a great blow. But when an elder such as yourself puts me in my place, I can proudly wear that defeat as a badge of honor.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:00 pm He became a sellout. Lost me at Sussudio.
This one of those songs that somebody in the band or his circle should have told him was a complete piece of shit. I am not a huge Genesis or Phil Collins fan, and if I had been that song would have pushed me away big time. The fact it is more in the pop genre did not have it on any of my play lists in those days, since rock was not producing much good material in that time frame. I will give him his due for his drumming skills which are well above average, but that song sucked big time. Of course Phil is bat shit crazy too, so that explains Screwys attraction and man crush.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't get all the Sussudio hate. It's a song about banging prostitutes. And it played a memorable role in one of the great cult classic films of all time--American Psycho.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:25 pm Of course Phil is bat shit crazy too, so that explains Screwys attraction and man crush.
Lol, how is Phil crazy?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm I don't get all the Sussudio hate. It's a song about banging prostitutes. And it played a memorable role in one of the great cult classic films of all time--American Psycho.
It is a terrible fucking song. Sorry.
Considering Screwys infatuation with Phil and his inability to separate the lyrics and melody and understand that despite that it is a song about banging prostitutes, the melody and vocal arrangement is horrible. You can take Cream's White Room which is a lyrical mess about mental illness, but is pretty close to musical perfection, and which a lot more people groove on than fucking Sussudio. I am sure any one of us with some time could scribble some lyrics about banging prostitutes, and insert them into the White Room melody. You would still have a lyrical mess, but a least you could groove on the melody.

The musical gods may be a bit pissed at me, since I mentioned Phil Collins Sussuido and Creams White Room in the same paragraph, but only to point out a shit song against a timeless classic.
Derron
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Haha, fair enough. It is a pretty crappy song, I have never suggested otherwise. It's just funny to see you old farts get your panties bunched.

So what is the deal with Phil being crazy anyway?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:26 pm Haha, fair enough. It is a pretty crappy song, I have never suggested otherwise. It's just funny to see you old farts get your panties bunched.

So what is the deal with Phil being crazy anyway?
Just the usual perception when Phil was making music or that horrible movie he was in with Glenn Frey and Don Johnson, of course he was pounding copious amounts of blow in those days, that might have something to do with it.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm I don't get all the Sussudio hate.
It should have been called Sue Sue Sue Your Ass.

The guy put different lyrics to 1999, then gayed it up a bit, and called it his own.

How you anyone not hate it?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Not bad
schmick wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:29 pm Image
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Doesn't look very dark.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

schmick wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:29 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm
Rules, JFC
https://images.app.goo.gl/jWdAyKdSo31Mttaa7
:meds: The only way she's half-black is if she has the same bloodline as Emilia Clarke on her mother's side.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

She could assist me to dump fuel.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:42 pm Doesn't look very dark.
Maybe Schmick is telling us she's a Rashida Jones/Kenya Kinski blended octoroon (hexadecaroon? sexdecaroon? is there even a word?), or maybe he's a purist.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What happened to Phil Collins? He got old. It happens to everyone who lives long enough.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.