It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

EAP
Mr. USA

Re: Dangerous Waves...Keep Away From The Cliffs

Post by EAP »

The State wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:37 pm
smackaholic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:05 pm
The State wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:58 am I give up.

I'm surrounded by retards.
Take a look at the map. Imagine a point equidistant from the Oregon line and the Mexican border.

Where is it?

To my admittedly uncalibrated eye, I would say that point is roughly Santa Cruz. Let's say it is a bit south of that, Big Sur, your apparent Mason Dixon line for Cali.

If that is the case, then it would seem to me that a place described by the name Central Coast, would cover territory to the north and south of BS. I will stick with my original statement of SF and SB being pretty good borders.

Someone from Connecticut or Texas has no idea what the regions of California are. Californians in this thread have been telling you what the regions are... but you two are just to stupid to figure it out.

"Northern California braces for fire weather as Southland expects rain — those events are related"
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... a-related

The Northern California Megaregion
http://www.bayareaeconomy.org/report/th ... egaregion/

Both of you retards have failed your California Geography course.

Good day.
Hey genius?
That last map is just divided into "northern" and "southern" California.

Of course a POS leftist like you would leave out an entire "central" region, in order to make yourself look good.

Once you properly include the "central" region of California,
You lose the debate.

Did you think you'd get away with leaving out the entire "central" region?
You underestimate your fellow posters.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:40 pm
Left Seater wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:22 am Map skills, another thing m2 is a failure at. Film at 11.
Left Seater opining on shit he knows nothing about. Film at 11.
No.
Left seater is 100% correct.
The state bozo purposely divided the state into just north and south only.
Completely leaving out the entire "central" region of California.

Right there he is disqualified.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I may not be from Cali, but I can look at a map and visually divide something into rough thirds.

Mikey, who is a Californian and old as dirt, has more yars being a Californian than you.

He called it the central coast. He said this because the area he is talking about, is, undoubtedly in the central coast region. He said it. Wiki said it. And I am sure many others have.

If you want to divy up Cali into Northern and Southern, then perhaps it is "northern", but if "central coast" is part of the discussion, then it is undoubtedly "central coast".
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_C ... alifornia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Coast_AVA

https://www.centralcoast-tourism.com/regions/ These folks want to claim everything up to the bay. Seems logical as it is a distinct landmark on the coast.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

I'm surrounded by retards.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I already explained the mid-west thing. Look back a few posts.

When people started calling the mid-west the mid-west, it was because it was the mid-west of the states.

We've grown a bit since.

Mfool can't use that excuse. Cali has been the same size since we got it.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

There are different ways of splitting it up and I guess it depends on your point of view. In spite of what MFool might claim, there’s no official dividing lines. I was born in SF and grew up just south of there in Palo Alto. All of the Bay Area is part of Northern California. I would say that Southern California Is Santa Barbara and south, or maybe Ventura and South, at least along the coast. The rest is Central California.

Some people think of Central California as a sort of subregion of NoCal. Pacific Gas and Electric reaches that far south. Santa Cruz is borderline but Monterey is definitely Central. The area referred to as the Central Coast goes from Ventura to Santa Cruz.

There’s definitely a change in geography and climate once you get north of SF Bay.

And then there’s the Central Valley. In that case “central” is more of an east/west designation. It includes the San Joaquin Valley to the south and the Sacramento Valley to the north, and goes from Bakersfield up to Redding. What a lot of people don’t realize is that there’s another valley between the San Joaquin Valley and the coast. The Salinas Valley runs the length of the Central Coast, but separated by the Santa Lucia range, from the Monterey Bay in the north to just east of San Luis Obispo, including Salinas, Castroville, King City and Paso Robles. It’s where John Steinbeck grew up and the location of most of his novels. It’s also where a lot of your green vegetables come from.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:00 am
smackaholic wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:28 pm I already explained the mid-west thing. Look back a few posts.

When people started calling the mid-west the mid-west, it was because it was the mid-west of the states.

We've grown a bit since.

Mfool can't use that excuse. Cali has been the same size since we got it.
Now that the country has grown, its time to mean Utah when you say the mid west
Why?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It’s not about how far to the left or right you go on the map, moron. Have you ever seen a map that shows topography (sorry for using such a big word)? The Midwest is mostly flat plains and prairie. Anything from the Rocky Mountains and west is not part of the Midwest. The definition isn’t going to change because a few people are too stupid to get it.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

The State wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:35 pm I'm surrounded by retards.
Maybe this will help.

Some of you low IQ guys need a more descriptive analogy.

Tennessee is a very long east/west state.
Naturally, it will have a west, central and eastern region.
Nashville is in the central, while Memphis is western and pigeon forge is east.
You don't say west and east without that all important central region.
Same thing with California.
See, extra long states get divided into more zones.
While tiny squat states don't.

Same thing with cacks.
You 3 inch guys don't get multi zones.
While us 12 ' guys get multi zones.

California is very long with a nice bend.
So it gets southern, central and northern designations.

Hope that clears things up once and for all.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:
BSmack wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:38 pm
Mikey wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:19 pm If you were actually from New York you’d know that Albany is “upstate.”
No it is not.
Face it, B, to anyone from NYC "upstate" is anything north of the A train terminus.
Like I could give a rat's fuck about what people in New York City think of where Upstate is. Albany is infested with New York City folk. They don't even have the same accent as people and Syracuse Buffalo or Rochester. Never mind people up north in in the Adirondacks or the Tug Hill. As far as I'm concerned Albany is New York City North as is pretty much anything further south along the Hudson.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

^^

listen to B. In western New York, Albany is downstate, 'where the dirt-bags in the cardboard boxes live'. :shock:
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:10 am Jesus FUCK. Do y'all even SEE what you're arguing here?

Who gives a constipated FUCK? The whole god damned state is a fucking shit HOLE! Understood? :lol:
This has been hilarious watching all the shit slinging over a fucking GEOGRAPHICAL term. Unfucking real really. No life having mother fuckers slinging shit over lines on a map.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

schmick wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 am ....no where in the western half of the continental United States is the ground flat.
Wanna bet?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

EAP wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:28 am

California is very long with a nice bend.
Now you’ve definitely got Milton’s attention.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

schmick wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:06 am Shit matters. Its like a canary in a coal mine. If someone actually believes that Bruce Jenner is a woman or that Chastity Bono is a man then you KNOW for a fact that nothing else they believe or say can be trusted or counted on as truth. The same thing for people who look at a map and say that Ohio or Michigan are in the midwest. Everything else they say or believe must now be dismissed as the incoherent babbling of a retard.

Mikey has already explained it.

Maybe this will make more sense: think of the Midwest as a cultural designation, not a geographical.

Bruce Jenner has a sexual fetish, and Chaz Bono was probably molested in Hollywood.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:28 am
schmick wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:06 am Shit matters. Its like a canary in a coal mine. If someone actually believes that Bruce Jenner is a woman or that Chastity Bono is a man then you KNOW for a fact that nothing else they believe or say can be trusted or counted on as truth. The same thing for people who look at a map and say that Ohio or Michigan are in the midwest. Everything else they say or believe must now be dismissed as the incoherent babbling of a retard.

Maybe this will make more sense: think of the Midwest as a cultural designation, not a geographical.

Bruce Jenner has a sexual fetish, and Chaz Bono was probably molested in Hollywood.
Actually it is geographical. But geography encompasses much more than just longitude. No point in trying to convince Dumbschmick, though. Like most TDSSers he likes to revel in his ignorance.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:57 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:28 am

Actually it is geographical. But geography encompasses much more than just longitude. No point in trying to convince Dumbschmick, though. Like most TDSSers he likes to revel in his ignorance.
It is a historical term which was geographically accurate at the time of its inception. This isn't a hard thing to understand.

You can point out to people in Indiana that they are, geographically speaking something that could more accurately be described as mid-east, but they, along with everyone else will say, STFU, Indiana is the "midwest".
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

This thread proves that I will argue about anything and everything.
But SHIT does matter.

If you start saying that there's no central California, what's next?
Bruce Jenner is a female?

That's the left.
Anything goes.
No right no wrong.
No good no evil.
No police.

BUT, they do want government control.

I have a theory about that.

They do want a society where anything goes. HOWEVER, they want to be in total control.
Have a government that will go after their political enemies.
Keep the masses stupid.
Give them free stuff to guarentee their votes, which will keep them in power forever.

Basically turning us into a typical 3rd world country.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 am
schmick wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 am ....no where in the western half of the continental United States is the ground flat.
Wanna bet?
Well here we go again. You fucks have to argue about geographical "areas" , and now you are going to argue about whether the ground is flat. Make sure you get into all the relative terms about what represents "flat", assign numeric values to " flat" , reference points over the horizon to measure "flat"and anything else.

The you can act shocked and all butt hurt when poptard comes in and jacks off all over your thread about flat earth. Epic.
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wanna know what’s worse than arguing about flatness?

Bitching about people arguing flatness or anything else.

Feel free to add your opinion or fukk the fukk off.

Have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:42 pm Wanna know what’s worse than arguing about flatness?

Bitching about people arguing flatness or anything else.

Feel free to add your opinion or fukk the fukk off.

Have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your view of the world maybe. But I wasted too much time with the first post to even attempt to argue with a lamp post about which is worse. Carry on..and answer me this, is perfectly flat..just that flat ? or if there is .75% slope on the plane, is that not flat anymore and over what lateral distance ?

I will take your answer off the air.
Derron
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:14 am The Midwest is mostly flat plains and prairie.
Uh, no.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 am
Mikey wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:14 am The Midwest is mostly flat plains and prairie.
Uh, no.
So, tell me what percentage of it isn't.

And don't tell me that a 100 foot high hill counts as anything but flat plains and prairie.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Carson wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:19 pm Image

I'm at a loss here.
Is that bob crane or cliff Robertson?

And the other guy? Is that Lynn Swann or harry bellefonte?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:10 am Jesus FUCK. Do y'all even SEE what you're arguing here?

Who gives a constipated FUCK? The whole god damned state is a fucking shit HOLE! Understood? Image
This has been hilarious watching all the shit slinging over a fucking GEOGRAPHICAL term. Unfucking real really. No life having mother fuckers slinging shit over lines on a map.
smackaholic wrote:
Wanna bet?
I don't think he's ever driven on I-40 between Albuquerque and Flagstaff. Never mind the Salt Flats of Utah. Flat is in the name.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:^^

listen to B. In western New York, Albany is downstate, 'where the dirt-bags in the cardboard boxes live'. :shock:
More like "the socialists who want to take yer gun."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

schmuck,

You said "no where in the western half of the continental United States is the ground flat".

Examples of flat ground were given and you say "but you can see mountains from there".

So fukking what?

There is in fact plenty of flat ground in the "western half". A fair bit of the plains are actually in this area.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographi ... ted_States

Take a look at this ^^^^^.

Geo center is northern, central KS.

Pretty much all of Kansas is flat. Half of KS is in the "western half" Same goes for NE, SD, ND. I have driven across SD. Pretty god damn flat till you hit the black hills. And once you get into WY, after those hills, you hit some more flat.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Western half might have more flat than the east. Much of the east is rolling hills and a few things we jokingly call mountains, which would be foothills in your non-flat areas.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So this weekend brought us "king tides" here in Oregon, which is a moon/sun alignment that creates higher-than usual tides. On top of that, there has been some strong storm systems coming through. This prompted the National Weather Service and other relevant agencies to pretty much say "stay off the beaches and jetties." With 30 foot waves hitting the beach, that seems wise.

So, some dude decided to carry his two small children onto the beach... at high tide.

They think the dad is going to live (there were witnesses, and probability was overcome, since dad and daughter were pulled out). Daughter, 7, is dead. Son, 4, is crab food.

It was so bad, the Coast Guard wouldn't launch boats (and they'll take the 47 foot lightweight lifeboats out in just about anything).

He's even from Portland. Must have been his first time at the Coast in winter.

Dumbass. Stupid is supposed to hurt, and this will hurt him every day of his life.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

schmick wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:14 pm
smackaholic wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:15 am schmuck,

You said "no where in the western half of the continental United States is the ground flat".

Examples of flat ground were given and you say "but you can see mountains from there".

So fukking what?

There is in fact plenty of flat ground in the "western half". A fair bit of the plains are actually in this area.
Not flat like the plains states, yes there may be areas of flat ground but the topography of tge states are completely different.
For example, the difference between the highest elevation in California and the lowest elevation in California is 14,787 feet. In Utah the difference is 11,348 feet, New Mexico is 10,325 feet. In Illinois the difference between the highest and lowest elevations is 956 feet. 937 feet in Indiana, 1,095 feet in Ohio. In Iowa that difference jumps to 1,190 feet. Quit being a nitpicky fuck, thats queerland territory, well beneath you.
The topography of the western states is nothing like what is back east, which makes eastern states claiming to be in the middle of the west even more ridiculous. Theyre in the mid east, its time to call it what it is.
Who said anything about elevation extremes? Alaska has everyone beat with a range in excess of 20K feet.

It also has something called the Tundra. I've never been there, but I seen pics. Pretty goddamn flat.

And I see that Dins has popped in to remind us how Chucky D seems to like his state in the winter. Dins, isn't eastern Oregon pretty fukking flat? And if I am not mistaken, does still fit Shmuck's very strict definition of "western half" of the US.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:24 pm Dins, isn't eastern Oregon pretty fukking flat?

Except for all of the mountain ranges sticking up out of it... sure.

And if I am not mistaken, does still fit Shmuck's very strict definition of "western half" of the US.
Us folk on the Wet Side refer to it as "The Midwest."
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:24 pm
And I see that Dins has popped in to remind us how Chucky D seems to like his state in the winter. Dins, isn't eastern Oregon pretty fukking flat?
Chucky D got all three of those people in the surf. Not mentioned was a Manzanita police officer who went into the surf prior to the Fire Department and Coast Guard getting there. That dude hauled out the little girl. He must have known what he was doing to do that. Surf rescues are tricky at best and it takes a good 20 minutes or more to get people in or on the water for the rescue.

As for Eastern Oregon being pretty flat, there are a few high desert ranges down in the SE portions that run on for some distances, but even these areas have variations. I am at 2876 feet in juniper sage area and to the west it all starts running up to meet the Cascades at 5000 pass level. There are some real impressive gorges north of here and over into the eastern portions. We are in Central Oregon, Eastern Oregon starts about 70 miles east of me. Google Smith Rock Oregon or hit Google earth and see for yourself.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm We are in Central Oregon,
No such place. There's Eastern , Western, and Southern.

Sin,
Wet Siders
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nice day for a walk on the beach.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 pm
Derron wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 pm We are in Central Oregon,
No such place. There's Eastern , Western, and Southern.

Sin,
Wet Siders who barely acknowledge that there is any other Oregon outside of the Portland Metro Willamette Valley area and has liberal voting blocks large enough to pass laws that negate any voters from the Eastern and Southern areas opinion on anything.
FTFY.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

This Portland Metro Area guy knows where his food, wood, and paper come from.

And also knows there's cool shit on the Dry Side, although I rarely make it there these days (and definitely not now, during a mountain blizzard).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BTW, there's some outstanding photography here:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/j66j-20 ... hotos.html