Board Traffic

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Re: Board Traffic

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

The State wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:01 pm Jayne is arguing with a troll.

I'm shocked.
I'm not arguing with you Milton. Laughing at you, but not arguing.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:53 pm Life of Brian was genius in its own way. That's Monty Python for you.

But Joe Dirt? Really? Now I know this is an utter troll job. Bully for you.

You just admitted you have nothing, congrats.

Oh, and how was I invested in Blockbuster? Aren't YOU the moron with 1000 movies?

When you stop cutting your own throat, maybe...just maybe I'll touch on this again.

In the meantime, go back to the sandbox for a timeout, troll.
Why would any smart person buy a movie from blockbuster?
Where'd you get that idea?

You called mel's film a "snuff" film?
How short sighted and misguided of you.

If Mel had shown violence for no good reason, you might have a decent point

"The passion", is ALL about the suffering.
The violence is historically accurate
You'd know that if you didn't jerk off during history class.

The violence and savagery of the Roman empire was legendary.
As a great director, Mel Gibson captured that extreme violence 100% Accurately and perfectly.

Again. You are parroting the same bullshit that the left wing critics shat 16 years ago.

Try and be honest.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

No matter your opinion about a film about Christ, THIS is the TRUTH.

And the WORD.

Word. :grin:
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:41 pm No matter your opinion about a film about Christ, THIS is the TRUTH.

And the WORD.

Jay.
Thanks for sharing.
Easily one of the best scenes in cinema history.

In the face of crucifixion, the most brutal slow and agonizing death imaginable, we the viewer are treated to pure eternal optimism.

Really puts things in major perspective, don't it?

All of us board members have our crosses to bear, ie..shitty neighbors, rotten ungrateful kids,
Slutty cheating wife, (see shitty neighbor). Bills, etc...

But a far cry from being crucified by the Roman empire.
Next time you feel that life is shitty? Just watch this.
Always look on the brighter side.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

"Life of Brian" remains as one of my all-time favorites. It was a brave and cutting movie, and at the time of its' release, took a lot of heat. It was heavily criticized by the Catholic church for its blasphemous, heretic nature, banned in many countries, including Norway, Ireland and even a lot of places in Britain. The film is an intelligently framed comment on the insincerity and hollowness of organized religion, a crucially posed question on a matter still extremely delicate, a poignantly humorous jab at both the Church and the British political situation at the time, especially its left-wing politics. Gentle and biting at the same time, it still holds up. The one odd aspect to the film was the alien sequence. Funny, but it takes the viewer out of the continuity. But we are talking Monty Python here, and oddness for them was a rule.

Thank God and god for George Harrison, as he made this project happen with his own money.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

On the subject, RIP Neil Innes :(

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:35 pm "Life of Brian" remains as one of my all-time favorites. It was a brave and cutting movie, and at the time of its' release, took a lot of heat. It was heavily criticized by the Catholic church for its blasphemous, heretic nature, banned in many countries, including Norway, Ireland and even a lot of places in Britain. The film is an intelligently framed comment on the insincerity and hollowness of organized religion, a crucially posed question on a matter still extremely delicate, a poignantly humorous jab at both the Church and the British political situation at the time, especially its left-wing politics. Gentle and biting at the same time, it still holds up. The one odd aspect to the film was the alien sequence. Funny, but it takes the viewer out of the continuity. But we are talking Monty Python here, and oddness for them was a rule.

Thank God and god for George Harrison, as he made this project happen with his own money.
It’s a slight and palatable critic made for giggles. It’s about as deep as a Mt. Everest.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Kierland wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:50 pmIt’s a slight and palatable critic made for giggles. It’s about as deep as a Mt. Everest.
Phibes, damn I had not heard that. RIP Mr. Innes.

MS, I can't imagine why you feel that way. Most of the cinematic world would disagree with you, vehemently. It is far deeper than you give it credit for. You must not be a Python fan. But hey, you have your opinion and I'll respect it, however wrong it may be.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:35 pm "Life of Brian" remains as one of my all-time favorites. It was a brave and cutting movie, and at the time of its' release, took a lot of heat. It was heavily criticized by the Catholic church for its blasphemous, heretic nature, banned in many countries, including Norway, Ireland and even a lot of places in Britain. The film is an intelligently framed comment on the insincerity and hollowness of organized religion, a crucially posed question on a matter still extremely delicate, a poignantly humorous jab at both the Church and the British political situation at the time, especially its left-wing politics. Gentle and biting at the same time, it still holds up. The one odd aspect to the film was the alien sequence. Funny, but it takes the viewer out of the continuity. But we are talking Monty Python here, and oddness for them was a rule.

Here's the thing. It wasn't blasphemous, not at all.
And the supreme court weighed in as to why it's not.

It's parody. It's comedy. Played strictly for laughs.

My analogy would be the Larry Flynt hustler parody of the Rev.
Jerry Falwell's grandmother sucking off and having intercourse with the 11 year old Jerry.
The high court ruled that no reasonable person would believe that the Rev. JERRY FALWELL'S virginity was lost to his horny grandmother in a dirty smelly outhouse full of steaming feces.

And I agree with the decision wholeheartedly.

Monty python is no less blasphemous than any south park episode or family guy episode that makes fun of any religion.

It's all tongue and cheek, parody, comedy etc....

Same thing with the left wing sculptor who did the sculpture of jesus and the mother mary covered in feces and urine.

I protect anyone's right to free expression.

Now muslims on the other hand?
They'll kill you

Remember Salman Rushdie?
He's still got to look over his shoulder to this very day.
Sleep with one eye open.

That's the difference between a Reagan conservative who holds liberty sacrosanct, and a dirtbag sharia law muslim.
But I digress.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:07 pm
Kierland wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:50 pmIt’s a slight and palatable critic made for giggles. It’s about as deep as a Mt. Everest.
Phibes, damn I had not heard that. RIP Mr. Innes.

MS, I can't imagine why you feel that way. Most of the cinematic world would disagree with you, vehemently. It is far deeper than you give it credit for. You must not be a Python fan. But hey, you have your opinion and I'll respect it, however wrong it may be.
I didn’t say I didn’t like it, and maybe I misread you, but what I said was it wasn’t deep. It was funny, but it didn’t break any ground. It’s basically Faulty Towers, but about the church. A bunch of gags strung together for the gags without any real aim or continuity.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:41 pm No matter your opinion about a film about Christ, THIS is the TRUTH.

And the WORD.

The most requested song at British funerals, per my limey mates.