Harvey

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Harvey

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:This one is for you Wags.Image
Just saw where this was reviewed at beer advocate and scored higher than their "beer".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I seem to remember Jackie Kennedy wearing heals....often.

The problem with the Donald bashers is they find something every day to complain about. You don't need to be on Don's bandwagon to get sick of that crap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I'll bet he has his tiny hands all over that.

Sincerely,

Moving Sale

Last edited by Joe in PB on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Derron wrote:Have to love how all the libtards see one picture or mention of The President , and the thread is hijacked and they get all pussy drippy about cracking on every little thing he says or does. Never let a good crisis go to waste, get as much political fodder out of it as you can, you butt hurt man bun wearing faggots.
Substitute libtard for conservitard and you just described the same exact shit for 8 years of Obummer. Stop acting like you shitbirds are above the fray.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote:LS;
Trump came to town & ONLY mentioned crowd size. He never mentioned the flooding or its victims.

That doesn't bother you?
Not really. He went to Corpus, not Houston where the flooding rescue was ongoing. He then went to Austin. He stayed well away from the areas where rescue efforts were ongoing. Visiting Corpus and Austin (State EOC) kept him out of the way. If him being in the State helped some people feel better about what they are going thru then the trip was worth it. For me he didn't get in the way like some past COC's have from both parties.

Bottom line for me in this is; an event like Harvey shows people's true colors. I don't generally agree with JSC when it come to politics, but has shown that he is a great human. He is concerned about those suffering and left politics at the door. Unlike this mental giant who claimed Harvey was karma for Texas voting for Trump. Politics has no place in this event as it is still unfolding. Plenty of others have turned this into a Political event and shown who they really are. I get that some people are never going to like our President and will find fault with everything he does/doesn't do. But so far the Feds and Trump have handled this quite well. Cooperation between the State and Feds is by all accounts far better than it has been in past disasters. Both the State and Feds have realized that using private citizens to assist their efforts is smart and the correct thing to do. This is a change from a few years ago when the Feds wanted private citizens out of their way. There is a long way to go and Trump may yet screw it up, but at this point he hasn't. Yet that hasn't stopped people from trying to find anyway to criticize him (shoes, visiting Corpus, etc, etc.) Square peg, round hole...

You folks know who you are and I feel sorry for you, but I won't lose any sleep over it. There is far to much to be done around here, starting this afternoon with 700 plus pets that are now being housed at ADL facilities here in SA. If you know of anyone looking for a lost pet from the Corpus/Rockport/Victoria/Houston area shoot me a PM as there is a good chance that we are trying to find them as well.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I wonder if the church is actually open.Image
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Listen to the churchy man with the sexy talk.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

You fucking people are unbelievable.

Sent from Screwey's Lint Filter
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

While I generally disagree with Derron on pretty much everything, we agree of course that Joel Osteen (and every other Christer, Muslim or Jew) is absolutely full of shit. But it's funny that Osteen and his entire mega-herd of huddled sheep are in lock-step agreement with Derron on Denial of Climate Change. :?:
Before God was, I am
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:While I generally disagree with Derron on pretty much everything, we agree of course that Joel Osteen (and every other Christer, Muslim or Jew) is absolutely full of shit. But it's funny that Osteen and his entire mega-herd of huddled sheep are in lock-step agreement with Derron on Denial of Climate Change. :?:
Oh here we go with the climate change horse shit again. Where is your buddy Joe at with his horse shit claim about 20 degree temp increases over 20 years with no supporting data? You guys get together to concoct another flailing claim ??
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Interesting that you and Joel are getting your "scientific" info from the same places.. :lol: Perhaps you can share notes on paleontology, as well as transubstantiation.

Meanwhile, in reality...remember this? Or have you been trying hard to avoid and/or forget it?"

Exxon was aware of climate change, as early as 1977, 11 years before it became a public issue, according to a recent investigation from InsideClimate News. This knowledge did not prevent the company (now ExxonMobil and the world’s largest oil and gas company) from spending decades refusing to publicly acknowledge climate change and even promoting climate misinformation—an approach many have likened to the lies spread by the tobacco industry regarding the health risks of smoking. Both industries were conscious that their products wouldn’t stay profitable once the world understood the risks, so much so that they used the same consultants to develop strategies on how to communicate with the public.

Here's the whole article

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... years-ago/
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Harvey Danger: Major Chemical Plant Near Houston Likely
to Explode, Facility Owner Warns

One of the world's largest chemical companies warned Wednesday that its flooded plant
near Houston will likely catch fire and explode in the next few days — and there's nothing
the company can do about it.

Arkema Group's plant in Crosby, Texas — about 20 miles northeast of Houston — was
inundated by more than 40 inches of rain by Hurricane Harvey and has been without
electricity since Sunday, the company, based in Colombes, France, said in a statement...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hurri ... ty-n797581

#likely
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

And...

*BOOM*

Just saw plume of smoke over flooded chemical plant in Crosby, TX. Firefighters evacuating us

https://twitter.com/JuliaNBC6/status/903146900899196928
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Coogs? You work at a petrochemical plant right?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:This is a huge disaster, and unfortunately it will take a long time to fully recover from it.
Are we talking about Harvey or Donald?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

The carnage and devastation is unreal. I made it out of the storm without any flood damage to my house. I was lucky. People in the next subdivision from me didn't. We were lined up on Memorial and Wilcrest yesterday to pull people out of the water and bring them to safety. It is really sad to see and watch the suffering of so many people. People lost everything they have and its going to be months before they can feel any sense of security or normality.

I have seen more good will and just humanity in the last few days. Mattress Mack is a gift and a houston icon. He has done more for this city than a retarded con man like Joel Osteen. There is a special place in hell for guys like him. Hopefully he will be asked to fuck off and take the advise and close shop.

Seeing all the political shit, comments about Houston and Texas just proves what the true definition of an asshole is. Not one person who is dealing with what we are dealing with cares about who you voted for, your race or sexual orientation. Some of you should use this as a learning mechanism and practice what you preach.

#hoUStonStrong
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Harv,

Glad to hear all is well in your hood. Saw that Ohio State and Indiana are wearing Houston Strong decals on their helmets tonight.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

:grin:
Last edited by Harvdog on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Left Seater wrote:Harv,

Glad to hear all is well in your hood. Saw that Ohio State and Indiana are wearing Houston Strong decals on their helmets tonight.
Thanks. Feel very blessed to ok.

Makes sense for Urban. He has a lot of players from Texas and wants to try and pry a few more out of the Houston area this year.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Glad to hear you're doing OK Harv.

It's hard to imagine from this distance the kind of trauma and suffering the folks down there are going through. We almost got burned out by one of the big wildfires here in 2007 but this is orders of magnitude larger than that.

I heard the Mattress Mack story on NPR a couple of days ago. It's people like that the restore your faith, at least a little, in the human race. Not only did he open his stores for victims to stay in, but sent out his delivery trucks to help people get there.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Interesting that you and Joel are getting your "scientific" info from the same places.. :lol: Perhaps you can share notes on paleontology, as well as transubstantiation.

Meanwhile, in reality...remember this? Or have you been trying hard to avoid and/or forget it?"

Exxon was aware of climate change, as early as 1977, 11 years before it became a public issue, according to a recent investigation from InsideClimate News. This knowledge did not prevent the company (now ExxonMobil and the world’s largest oil and gas company) from spending decades refusing to publicly acknowledge climate change and even promoting climate misinformation—an approach many have likened to the lies spread by the tobacco industry regarding the health risks of smoking. Both industries were conscious that their products wouldn’t stay profitable once the world understood the risks, so much so that they used the same consultants to develop strategies on how to communicate with the public.

Here's the whole article

It doesn't matter what you come up with, Derron won't accept it. He wanted me to do a bunch of research to prove my statement, but why do so if he's already made up his mind, and ignored the many, many articles, programs, and historically intense storms over the last 12 years?

It's not worth my time.....

My guess is he works for the oil industry, or just likes to troll or argue.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Any of y'all outside of Texas or Louisiana looking to help can go to your local shelter and adopt a cat or dog. Shelters all over the country have stepped up and are talking the animals that were in Texas shelters prior to Harvey. This is allowing local shelters to house all of the misplaced pets that are looking for their owners.

American Airlines has stepped up big time and is flying these "existing" shelter pets to their new locations from Dallas for no charge. There are plenty of private planes that are found the same thing. So get yourself a great friend, add to your family, and go adopt a pet this weekend.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Great idea and agree that there are a lot of terrific pets in shelters across the country. I adopted a couple of cats two years ago, and would have a dog too if I had a decent yard. It was sad to see all those animals caged up, some were fairly small enclosures.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dallas peeps, enjoy your gas prices:

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dayum. That's almost as high as it is here.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Dallas peeps, enjoy your gas prices:

I'm glad I filled my tank yesterday. Still in the $2.45 neighborhood for regular unleaded in WNY.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Gas prices will naturally go up do to the loss of refining capacity along the Gulf Coast. But the current run on gas is not due to a shortage of supply. It is due to supply chain issues and delivery issues. Gas prices are approx 2.25 here in SA for mid priced gas. Social media has created a run on some stations but like most things that is due to social media inaccuracies. Had no problem filling the Suburban today.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

BSmack wrote:Coogs? You work at a petrochemical plant right?
I use to work for Arkema, but not that facility. Ironically enough, I do work for a facility now and my particular unit uses the same organic peroxides Arkema makes. We were faced with the same issue. Everything Arkema planned for and their contingenciesin place were all correct. The only thing I would have done differently is found high ground for the refer trailers to park at a nearby facility. Them moving the storage totes to a refer trailer that was taking on water wasn't going to help. We moved our totes to a refer trailer at the highest point in our plant, filled it with fuel, and hooked up a backup generator to it. Our plant took on 6.5' of water, but we have a much larger facility than Arkema and had an area called 'the hill' that is built 8 ft above the other parts of the plant. We parked the trailer there and took an airboat over there every 6 hours to check the fuel level in the trailer and made sure it was cycling. I just reunited with my wife today and started cleanup and demo inside my home. It sucks, but people are in worse situations than me. Its all about perspective at this point.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Rumps wrote:I just reunited with my wife today

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Joe in PB wrote:It doesn't matter what you come up with, Derron won't accept it. He wanted me to do a bunch of research to prove my statement,
If you post such an outrageous statement saying average temperatures have went up 20 degrees in 25 years, and cannot prove it , then you sir are completely full of shit. So in saying you still needed to do research to prove your statement then you did not know what the fuck you are talking about to begin with.

but why do so if he's already made up his mind, and ignored the many, many articles, programs, and historically intense storms over the last 12 years?
Nice white flag there tool. Not being able to prove your statements is pretty consistent with the climate change horseshit. Make a statement and then run when you cannot prove it.

My guess is he works for the oil industry
Well you guess just like your statement on temperature change that is wrong.
or just likes to troll
You would certainly be an expert on that
or argue.
Because we come to this site to exchange recipes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Go Coogs' wrote:
I use to work for Arkema, but not that facility. Ironically enough, I do work for a facility now and my particular unit uses the same organic peroxides Arkema makes. We were faced with the same issue. Everything Arkema planned for and their contingenciesin place were all correct. The only thing I would have done differently is found high ground for the refer trailers to park at a nearby facility. Them moving the storage totes to a refer trailer that was taking on water wasn't going to help. We moved our totes to a refer trailer at the highest point in our plant, filled it with fuel, and hooked up a backup generator to it. Our plant took on 6.5' of water, but we have a much larger facility than Arkema and had an area called 'the hill' that is built 8 ft above the other parts of the plant. We parked the trailer there and took an airboat over there every 6 hours to check the fuel level in the trailer and made sure it was cycling. I just reunited with my wife today and started cleanup and demo inside my home. It sucks, but people are in worse situations than me. Its all about perspective at this point.
How high did the water get in casa Rump? I just saw on fox where they are in a neighborhood where the water was about 3 ft deep. They show one house, with a huge pile of shit out front. The house next door, built with about a 4 ft wall is untouched other than the garage which will need sheetrock work. Funny how that whole elevation thing works, the thing that goobs and the rest of the morons ridiculed.

You have a pretty good sized crib there, goobs. Prolly not economically feasible to hike it up, but if anyone there builds new, slab on grade, when for a few bucks more they can lift it to 500 yr flood plain, plus a foot or two, is an idiot.

Rumps, maybe you can just build a dike all the way around.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Musical homage will be paid to Harvey tonight in the 'Town for those who can connect to the interwebs.
"I see everything twice!"
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

smackaholic wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:
How high did the water get in casa Rump? I just saw on fox where they are in a neighborhood where the water was about 3 ft deep. They show one house, with a huge pile of shit out front. The house next door, built with about a 4 ft wall is untouched other than the garage which will need sheetrock work. Funny how that whole elevation thing works, the thing that goobs and the rest of the morons ridiculed.

You have a pretty good sized crib there, goobs. Prolly not economically feasible to hike it up, but if anyone there builds new, slab on grade, when for a few bucks more they can lift it to 500 yr flood plain, plus a foot or two, is an idiot.

Rumps, maybe you can just build a dike all the way around.

Every house in our subdivision took in 34-38" inches of water.

Me and some good friends and great family have put in the hours the last two days.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from Screwey's Lint Filter
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

My guess is not a lot of flood insurance around there so you are pretty much on your own. Looks like he knows what he is doing and getting the place dried out and repaired.
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Do you have to pull off the bricks and redo the exterior sheathing? Looks to be OSB, which doesn't much care for water.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Derron wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:It doesn't matter what you come up with, Derron won't accept it. He wanted me to do a bunch of research to prove my statement,
If you post such an outrageous statement saying average temperatures have went up 20 degrees in 25 years, and cannot prove it , then you sir are completely full of shit. So in saying you still needed to do research to prove your statement then you did not know what the fuck you are talking about to begin with.

but why do so if he's already made up his mind, and ignored the many, many articles, programs, and historically intense storms over the last 12 years?
Nice white flag there tool. Not being able to prove your statements is pretty consistent with the climate change horseshit. Make a statement and then run when you cannot prove it.

My guess is he works for the oil industry
Well you guess just like your statement on temperature change that is wrong.
or just likes to troll
You would certainly be an expert on that
or argue.
Because we come to this site to exchange recipes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You apparently come here to squirm like a worm in the dark. And yes, I'm referring to the giant smoking gun of the Exxon cover up of its own studies concerning its own role in Climate Change. You know, this..

Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Was just watching CNN's live coverage, showing the D and Melania walking from Marine 1 to AF1. I was watching intently to see if Melania had appropriate footwear. I was astonished to see that CNN had that annoying rolling news thingie at the bottom of the screen which blocked everything below the knees.

WTF?

Such an inexcusable faux pas can not be tollerated. :evil:

Heads need to roll, dammit!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

She was wearing stilettos as she walked to Marine 1.

She might have a change of shoes on AF1, if there's room with all the hat merchandise...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A little later they showed a different shot of her getting off M1. She did have heels, but they weren't as high as the hooker stilettos she had on the other day.