The Three Stooges (have apparently joined the navy)

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

The Three Stooges (have apparently joined the navy)

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

"Of course we're highly trained in navigation and operating the engine room, with all the handles and dials, sure..."

"Hey, what's this one do"? "Why you moron! (sound of hammer repeatedly hitting a man's head with a metallic sound)"
Before God was, I am
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: The Three Stooges (have apparently joined the navy)

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

WTF was everyone on the bridge doing?

The only ship USN ship collision I can recall was the JFK/Belnap, but that was during an unrep which is an inherently dangerous operation to begin with. There is zero excuse for this one. Wouldn't want to be in the OOD's shoes right about now, or CO's or Nav's either.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Let's hope they have insurance with accident forgiveness.

"Don't worry Dad, I know what a lug wrench is". aside to friend, "is this a lug wrench"?

friend, nodding head "maybe"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Unlike politicians, there is no accident forgiveness in the military.

CO's career-done.

Navigator-done

OOD-done, probably looking at hard time after court martial for dereliction of duty. His direct negligence killed 7 people. The OOD is the guy on watch, responsible for keeping his ship from running into anything. Probably a 23 year old jg. He'll never see LT, that's for damn sure.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

In related news, MV Iyanough crashes into jetty at entrance to Nantucket Harbor.

I've ridden this tub a few times. Was on ACK wednesday, but I rode the Hyline boat (different company) that time. These are 150 ft, approx, aluminum cats. They are pretty damn manueverable. How the fukk he missed an entrance that is 1/4 mile or better wide, is beyond me.

I think the problem is that ship drivers in this day and age are getting too reliant on navigation gadgets and don't bother to simply look out the fukking window. The gadgets are nice, until one malfunctions or an operator doesn't know what he his doing.

Great fukking week for US ship driving, ain't it?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Here is a pic of the channel, we are approximately in the center of it, maybe a little left of center as we were overtaking the sailboat. You can see the rock jetty. There is another on the other side. Not sure which side they ran into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Make America crash again!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I'm certain this was a case of Zionist saboteurs moving the jetty marker lights.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:OOD-done, probably looking at hard time after court martial for dereliction of duty. His direct negligence killed 7 people. The OOD is the guy on watch, responsible for keeping his ship from running into anything.
Not to give a pass to the USN, but didn't the cargo ship T-bone the Destroyer?

I would assume some level of culpability on both sides, no?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Guessing from the damage I'll wager the destroyer was the Give Way vessel. Unless they were trying to cross the T*

*I've got the 'Empire Book of Jutland' on the shelf, if you play your cards right, you'll win a war with the Spanish.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:
smackaholic wrote:OOD-done, probably looking at hard time after court martial for dereliction of duty. His direct negligence killed 7 people. The OOD is the guy on watch, responsible for keeping his ship from running into anything.

Wags, it is irrelevant. It was the duty of the CO of the destroyer to keep his ship safe. Period. The fact that his Ferrari got T-boned by a city bus just makes things worse.

As I said earlier, blaming the other guy works fine for all the parasites in suits in DC. It does not fly, one fukking bit, in the Navy. The CO is 100% in charge and 100% responsible for everything. Sometimes it isn't fair, but it is the way it has to be. Accountability has a habit of keeping people on their game. Too bad it isn't practiced inside the beltway.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote:
War Wagon wrote:

Wags, it is irrelevant. It was the duty of the CO of the destroyer to keep his ship safe. Period. The fact that his Ferrari got T-boned by a city bus just makes things worse.

As I said earlier, blaming the other guy works fine for all the parasites in suits in DC. It does not fly, one fukking bit, in the Navy. The CO is 100% in charge and 100% responsible for everything. Sometimes it isn't fair, but it is the way it has to be. Accountability has a habit of keeping people on their game. Too bad it isn't practiced inside the beltway.
Especially the guy who is supposed to be their CinC.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Smack will suck Trumps dick till fulfillment but he is correct in what he says...
Go Bucs, Gators
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Nahh, not a Trump swab here, but unlike the butthurt dems, I am willing to give him a chance and think the current witch hunt is a joke. He was elected, assholes. Did the Russkies want him over Hilldebeast? Who the fukk knows or cares. Did they meddle in things? Sure they did. We do the same to them and have for ever. Obama openly did what he could to get Bebe Netanyahu run. So fukking what?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

War Wagon wrote:

No. The Rules of The Road are very clear in this case. Of course the ship approaching on the starboard has the right of way. To get t-boned in this fashion is absolutely the worst mistake possible. And let's remember, this super high-tech vessel was designed for detection and interception (of NK missiles). So...the fact of not seeing a giant slow-moving floating Walmart coming right at it becomes some kind of fuck up that is truly unprecedented. Ever. Okay, how about the possibility of a rogue muzzie on the container ship somehow gaining control?...hmmm...no. Such a coup would require a lot of cooperation on the ship. But...the crews of these gigantic container ships are quite small, only a couple dozen. So...? The Flips have a serious radical Muslim thang going on. It's possible.

But, it's become clear that an entire hour passed before the Fitzgerald called in anything to Japan. Now this is impossible, right? Well, no, because Trump--who is probably hiding under his desk right now, slurping ice cream while marinating a tweet--hasn't appointed an ambassador to Japan. Nor has he nominated a Sec'y of the Navy.

Yep. how's that shart tastin'? :wink:

WW
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You were doing fine, Turd, until you got to the political part. The presence/abscence of some fukk in DC in a suit is 100% irrelevant. Same with a Jap ambassador. This was a monumental fukk up by the Fitzgerald's crew. Assuming the entire container ship's crew were expert ship drivers AND suicidal muzzie terrorists, it is still inconceivable. It is as if terrorists hijacked the goodyear blimp and used it to knock an F16 out of the air by ramming it.

So, what happened?

My guess, first off, open water navigation is kind of boring. The OOD was prolly a 24 year old LT jg. The rest of the watch standers, 18-25 year old enlisted sailors. I suspect there might have been some cellphone distractions. The next factor is training. Back in the day, every last bit of our training had to do with operational readiness. Today, a good chunk of time is spent on such important topics as sexual assault and tranny acceptance/integration. I would also like to know if the starboard watch might have been getting busy with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. The balls to four lookout watch is awful boring. Getting a BJ would liven it up a little. This wasn't much of a concern back in the good ole days of all male rampantly homophobic crews.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

RACK Phibes for the classic book reset. EBoJ is an excellent read.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Phibes crossing the T was a great advantage throughout history as it meant bringing the full wrath of your ships guns on some poor bastard that could only return fire with his most forward turret. Today it's all over the horizon middle chucking. Anyone who hasn't done some reading about those Epcot battle wagon throw downs of a century ago really ought to. Those were some pretty smart mofos that could lob shells from a moving rolling platform and hit another moving platform 20+ miles away on the first shot. All of this was done using hand cranked mechanical fire control computers.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Okay, it's been crickets from day (night) one, but despite the complete media blackout of the worst U.S. naval debacle since McCain barbecued the Forrestal, here's a taste of that upon which your tax dollars have been--and are still enthusiastically--wasted.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/ ... index.html
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Three Jews, btw.

http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=165

Moses Horwitz, Jerome Horwitz, Louis Feinberg

nyuk nyuk nyuk
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Softball Bat wrote: Three Jews...

...walk into a bar...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rack the Roach....again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

And the findings are in. You lose your job and you lose your job and you lose your job!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/w ... ation.html
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

No mention of the OOD? He is likely headed to prison as he was the HNIC on the bridge. The starboard watch and quartermaster OW likely will too. Being in a shipping lane they HAD to have been running their nav radar at a minimum. And they have at least a few of those.

The CO, XO will likely be retired. CMC prolly will too. But odds are he was close to retirement anyway.

There is no mention of sounding a collision alarm. Assuming someone on the bridge was awake, they had to know a collision was imminent at least 30 seconds before the collision. The fact that the CO and XO were still asleep is as hard to comprehend as the rest of this bizarre story. You can damn well bet both of them would have been on the bridge within seconds had a collision alarm been sounded.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Indeed, exactly as proposed...a total fuck up by the Fitzgerald..and not a single word on why. So...? What could have happened?

Texting while on watch? No, the massive container ship was too visible on the clear moonlit night, and way too slow.

Receiving oral sex while on watch? Possible, since so many of the volunteers for the War On Terrorism are gay and can't cum.

Being targeted by advanced weaponry that's been around for a while..?

Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

WTF are you babbling about?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Who's babblin?

SEOUL — Ten U.S. Navy sailors are missing and five have been injured after the USS John S. McCain destroyer collided with an oil tanker near Singapore early Monday morning.

The "USS John McCain"? Is this some sick joke?

Anyway, here's the reference to Korchnoi, from the Washington Post, 1978..

During the Belgrade match with Boris Spassky in late 1977 and early 1978 Korchnoi charged that the KGB was beaming microwaves at his head in an effort to scramble his brain. Spokesmen for Korchnoi later denied that he believed or made such charges, but considering what has happened at the U.S. embassy in Moscow, they don't sound totally impossible.

I'm not sure what Moscow embassy reference was about, but currently the U.S. embassy in Cuba has apparently been targeted with some of this surplus gear--a sonic device--from the Soviets, and the diplomats who've been beamed have gone deaf.

Consider also the astonishing catastrophe barely averted at SFO last month when a Canadian Air pilot just spaced out and seemed to be calmly prepared to land right onto four packed airliners. Air Canada calmly erased all the cockpit tapes, and the pilot, who flew out the next day like nothing happened, remains anonymous--and like the Fitzgerald incident, a total silence on what happened is in place. Perhaps that was a warning, or a test.

Remeber The McCain!
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I still think let's turd is a loon, but I just don't see general incompetence being an explanation here. Navy ships simply don't run into large slow commercial shipping. Now it has happened twice in a few months? WTF? I suspect CINCPAC will get shitcanned over this. The problem is bigger than a single ship.

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Agree, all this doesn't make sense. I've read that these merchant ship autopilots can be hacked, but that only seems to be the half of it. The ship near Japan appeared to be dead in the water, then T-boned. There were no scraps along either hull from a glancing blow by any kind of maneuvering.

This could be some kind of electronic warfare to first disable a ship, then ram it with a nearby merchant ship while it's on autopilot. North Korea is atop the list of suspects.

Unfortunately with our government we'll likely never get the truth. I certainly don't believe our ships are crusing the world's oceans running into or being hit by merchant ships. That's the kind of cover story for a gullible public more interested in eclipses and selfies.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Lol, that it happened to the USS John McCain-- even if it was named for his father, not the Arizona senator --is such irony, considering how erratic and... uneven keeled (sorry, had to throw is a nautical pun there) the man has been ever since he tried to be president back in the day. It's as if the "maverick" John McCain started actually believing the bullshit written about himself being a maverick. Now his ship is going all maverick over the seas and is ramming other ocean going vessels.
/sigh
You can't make this stuff up. Next up? The USS Harvey Milk is going to backend a Carnival ship having a gay cruise.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Yeah, funny stuff, almost as funny as Pearl Harbor or the Titanic.

I just read an article questioning the training of young Navy officers.....

At this point I can say with their state of the art radar & navigation systems most pleasure boaters could navigate one of these ships without incident. These ships even have a throttle similar to a speed boat on the bridge.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

All three of you guys--Smackie, Rooster, and "Joe in PB"--have suggested that the U.S. ships were possibly ramming other ships as well as being rammed, and this is completely false. In two other cases last year (yeah, there were two others, non-fatal) the U.S. ships did ram into the other ship. And in each case the U.S. vessel was completely at fault. Today's official response is a one-day cease of operations to give everyone a good talkin' to. The bewildered spokesman came on the news and suggested that we need more ships, and a lot more money thrown at the problem.
Before God was, I am
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Assuming someone is playing games with commercial shipping autopilots, we need to change our ship driving strategy to assume every commercial tub in the area is attempting to ram them. All of these Navy ships can out manuever/outrun the type ship it is being hit by. I would also give authorization ahead of time to all ship's skippers to fire on anyone making a what appears to an aggressive manuever.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The USN has unequivocally said this morning that the collisions were definitely not the result of cyber warfare. Whether or not that is true for purposes of strategic security or not, I can't tell. But it would be a new wrinkle in the battle space if hackers were able to gain control of a warship.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I would say if they can hack into the Pentagon, then pretty much everything else is open season, including aircraft/drones.

According to CNN, they haven't found evidence of hacking, but they aren't discounting it at this point either.

Several news outlets are reporting the crew couldn't steer the ship just before impact, but did regain control afterward.........

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:I still think let's turd is a loon, but I just don't see general incompetence being an explanation here. Navy ships simply don't run into large slow commercial shipping. Now it has happened twice in a few months? WTF? I suspect CINCPAC will get shitcanned over this. The problem is bigger than a single ship.

They just removed the commander of the 7th Fleet.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/nav ... accidents/

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

I'm not a Navy guy, so I don't have any idea how stuff works on ships, but I was surprised to learn that there apparently is no direct mechanical linkage between the bridge and the engine/steerage compartments. Float-by-wire? Whodathunkit?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Yes, the kind of action that screams cover up. An Admiral sitting at HQ is not the problem.

The second ship in a couple of months T-boned without either ship manuvering to minimize damage, that's very suspicious indeed.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Rooster wrote:I'm not a Navy guy, so I don't have any idea how stuff works on ships, but I was surprised to learn that there apparently is no direct mechanical linkage between the bridge and the engine/steerage compartments. Float-by-wire? Whodathunkit?

I heard someone talking about this as well. I can't believe there is no old wooden wheel with a direct linkage to the rudder.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.