Two new additions to the collection

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Two new additions to the collection

Post by Goober McTuber »

Last week I went to a whiskey tasting at a small local establishment. It featured 5 different whiskies from Old Forester, a vastly underrated distiller. I had recently purchased a bottle of their 1920 Prohibition Style, the third release of their Whiskey Row series. I was curious to try the first two releases. Both were good, but the 1870 Original Batch stood out.

This is a really exceptional everday whiskey (no, tardlings, I don't drink whiskey every day). But if I did, this would be near the top of the list, as a very fine affordable whiskey.

The second bottle I picked up is this one:

I've been wanting to try it for a while now. Booker Noe was the grandson of Jim Beam and introduced his namesake small batch bourbon about 30 years ago. It's highly regarded by bourbon lovers and it's been regularly available at $50. But word got out that the whores at Jim Beam are planning to cut the annual releases from 6 to 4, while doubling the price, and bottles are supposedly flying off the shelf. I grabbed a bottle right away at the current price point. This stuff is exceptional. I may have to stockpile another bottle, just to be safe.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: Two new additions to the collection

Post by Diego in Seattle »

You should try adding one of these to your collection...

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

sin,

Gooo...uuuhhhh..ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooober
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not much of a hard liquor drinker, I just stick with what I like, which is Bud Rice. I like the new 16 oz. aluminum bottles. Stays cold longer and just tastes better for some reason

On occasion, I'll have a shot or two of rum.

Captain Morgan Black being quite tasty, I've found, so I usually keep a bottle of that in the freezer. Goes down smoother when it's cold.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You tards do realize that it's possible to enjoy alcohol in moderation? If I don't buy another bottle of whiskey, my collection would last me 4-5 years minimum.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Whiskey is gross.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I just added this to my collection:

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I just added this to my collection:

RACK!

Sin,
18 Year Olds
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Uptight fucks...to each their fucking own. Cept that "pickle"d cunt...
Go Bucs, Gators
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Can I shove this up my ass?

Sincerely,
Stanley
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

Can I shove this up my ass?

Sincerely,
Stanley

Might as well, since it's worthless for smoking out of.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Rudolph
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Rudolph »

Looks like it is full of sperm. What are you really doing with that?
I don't need a Fucking Link I know people in Oreg0n.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Did you get that when you interviewed Marion Barry?

Sent from my plush penthouse suite in Screw Michigan's dome. It's in the District.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote: Did you get that when you interviewed Marion Barry?
No, it's probably not good for smoking crack.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Goober McTuber wrote: It's highly regarded by bourbon lovers and it's been regularly available at $50. But word got out that the whores at Jim Beam are planning to cut the annual releases from 6 to 4, while doubling the price, and bottles are supposedly flying off the shelf.
Don't you love it when they do that?

Seems to be the opposite here. Thankfully distillers here seem to be targeting the mass market and not niche cabals. Do yourself a favour and grab Crown Royal 'Northern Harvest'.

Apparently it's the best new whisky in the world. A bit too rough for me, but I reckon you'd like it given what you post.

Also CC Chairman Select:

Not your old CC, I switched a few bourbon drinkers onto this. Priced for thirty-somethings who like to drink and haven't got any money, it's 27 fulas a bottle/ $1.99 American I reckon.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Blended whisky is terrible.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Blended whisky is terrible.
It is better mixed with ice and Canada Dry Ginger Ale. But yeah definitely Grandpa's booze.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

:meds: Well almost 90 percent of all whisky is blended, including bourbon and scotch. The old heavyweights have a lot of know-how tucked away, I'd put that up against the local hipster distilling in the condo cellar. I'd say Grandad did a pretty good job winning World War II, hippies.
And aren't you the guys pounding 'Macho 8 Ace Hopslam IPA' threads every week?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Blended whisky is terrible.
It is better mixed with ice and Canada Dry Ginger Ale. But yeah definitely Grandpa's booze.
This.

When I think of Canadian Club, I think everybody's grandpa's liquor cabinet in the 70s.

Gramps and Grandma would have their 4:30 PM highball pretty much daily when I was a little kid. You could set your watch to it. As I got older and they crept into goober-age, they kind of slacked off on it. And would then have the occasional glass of wine. It was always from a large bottle of Ernest and Julio Gallo something or other. As for beer, there was usually a few cans of black label in the fridge that was never touched unless they were having spaghetti for dinner. I always thought that kind of odd. I mean, yeah, beer does go well with spaghetti, but, it kinda goes well with a few bazillion other things.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Phibes,

You've got me confused with someone else on the hoppy beer thing. Very few super hopped-up beers are worth their weight in piss.

Sent from my plush penthouse suite in Screw Michigan's dome. It's in the District.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dr_Phibes wrote:I'd say Grandad did a pretty good job winning World War II
Did you stumble into the kiddies room?

Speaking for myself only, of course, but my Dad was in the U.S. Army in WWII.

Not sure where fraternal Grandpa was... probably still in New Joisy but I never met the man.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:Phibes,

You've got me confused with someone else on the hoppy beer thing. Very few super hopped-up beers are worth their weight in piss.

Over the past 5 years or so, I have learned to appreciate stuff with a little bit of a hoppy bite like you'd find in a typical IPA, but, I just can't get with the more is better, hophead thing. Undrinkable. As with most anything in life, moderation is the way to go. Same goes with ABV. People that think double digit ABV levels are good in a beer should have their tastebuds repossessed.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dr_Phibes wrote::meds: Well almost 90 percent of all whisky is blended, including bourbon and scotch.
Well let me correct myself: Canadian blended whisky is terrible. I love almost all things Canada except for Candian blended whisky. Just disgusting.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:Over the past 5 years or so, I have learned to appreciate stuff with a little bit of a hoppy bite like you'd find in a typical IPA, but, I just can't get with the more is better, hophead thing. Undrinkable. As with most anything in life, moderation is the way to go. Same goes with ABV. People that think double digit ABV levels are good in a beer should have their tastebuds repossessed.
My hometown of Grand Rapids has a pretty good beer scene, but much of it is based on an obsession with hops. I like hops as an ingredient, not the main fucking course.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Over the past 5 years or so, I have learned to appreciate stuff with a little bit of a hoppy bite like you'd find in a typical IPA, but, I just can't get with the more is better, hophead thing. Undrinkable. As with most anything in life, moderation is the way to go. Same goes with ABV. People that think double digit ABV levels are good in a beer should have their tastebuds repossessed.
My hometown of Grand Rapids has a pretty good beer scene, but much of it is based on an obsession with hops. I like hops as an ingredient, not the main fucking course.
Which of the new joints would you consider worthy of the hype or overrated?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Well let me correct myself: Canadian blended whisky is terrible. I love almost all things Canada except for Candian blended whisky. Just disgusting.
Well.. yeah. Most of it's firewater but there are exceptions, rye is an acquired taste. Goobs seems like a genuine hobbyist, so he'd be negligent if he didn't try them, given their reviews.
The problem with small distillers is the same as small brewers, they need to stand out on a shoestring budget so everything's over the top. It's the big boys with the capacity to keep things simple and affordable, now they've got the incentive to do it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Who knew SM lives like a filthy slob?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

trev wrote:Who knew SM lives like a filthy slob?
Not my actual place.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

War Wagon wrote:
Not sure where fraternal Grandpa was... probably still in New Joisy but I never met the man.
Mine was a machine gunner in the Royal Canadian Regiment. He went on a binge after arriving in England and forgot to go back. He got arrested for fighting while away and thrown in the slammer for two years, got out and was assigned as a cook. He always hung a picture of Hitler on the wall and said, ' Next time I'm helping the Germans'. He did know his whisky.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Both of my grandfather were in their early 30s when WWII went down. One grandfather was 4F because he got rolled over by a boulder in a workplace accident. The other got a family farm exemption. 4F Grandpa liked his Blended Canadian whiskey and a cig. Farmer Grandpa liked his pipe.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I really do think it is a contest with hopheads to see just how many bushels of hops they can stuff into a pint of beer. Absolutely undrinkable.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Whole lot of stupid in here.

I don't drink Canadian whiskeys, but many of the best bourbons are blended - it's considered to be a very special skill. Only an complete fucking idiot would mix good bourbon with ginger ale. Yeah, you know who you are. You can also buy single-barrel whiskey if you're so inclined.

Dr. Phibes, I am familiar with the rye from Crown Royal. It's on the far right below.

Tardspray, it doesn't surprise me in the least that you only drink to get fucked up. It's your natural state of mind. Some of us enjoy alcohol in moderation. I only spent $100 on one bottle of bourbon (actually $175). I've sampled it twice now in the year that I've owned it. If I had the opportunity to purchase another bottle today for $175, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And finally, I am a self-avowed hophead when it comes to beer. The key is balance. The good brewmaster puts enough malt in there to balance with the hops and when done properly, the beer does not taste overly-bitter.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goobs, put antibiotic cream on that genital infection of yours and realize I was talking about putting ginger ale with cheap ass Canadian blended whiskey. You know the whiskey that won World War II.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Dr. Phibes, I am familiar with the rye from Crown Royal. It's on the far right below.

Yeah, that's the rye and you haven't opened it. If Mars attacked, you'd defeat them easily with this.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... created-it
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Goober McTuber wrote:Some of us enjoy alcohol in moderation.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

Yeah, that's the rye and you haven't opened it. If Mars attacked, you'd defeat them easily with this.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... created-it
Yes, it had been opened. One dram was removed. Get your eyes fixed. I knew Jim Murray had named it whisky of the year, that's why I bought it. (There's another rye next to it.)

The boys from Kentucky were plenty steamed when that got picked. The year before he picked a Japanese bourbon. That really set them off.

Dasher
Certified Holiday Troll™

Post by Dasher »

-Goober
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:Goobs, put antibiotic cream on that genital infection of yours and realize I was talking about putting ginger ale with cheap ass Canadian blended whiskey. You know the whiskey that won World War II.

You mean where you responded to Screwball's blanket statement that "blended whiskey is terrible"? Before it was explained to both of you that most whiskey is blended? Have another bag of Cheetos, FLF.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:You mean where you responded to Screwball's blanket statement that "blended whiskey is terrible"?
Yes, and I corrected myself, FfR.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober's next addition:

This well-aged Russian beauty comes across with subtle hints of hawthorn and mint. It will surely grace your top shelf once you've given it a try.