how are local elections shaping up in your area ?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

how are local elections shaping up in your area ?

Post by Wolfman »

Down here in SW FL, we have a few folks running for US congressional seats, and state and local offices. They must be spending like mad as every day I get these rectangular cardboard ads in my mail box promoting their candidacies. TV spots are filled with promotions and counter charges by opponents. I gave to a couple folk's campaigns earlier and my land line (which I'm soon eliminating) is jumping off the stand from all the robo calls. And this is only July 26th !!!! I need a vacation.
I'll wager it's the same all over. God help us.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: how are local elections shaping up in your area ?

Post by War Wagon »

Local and state primaries are next week here, no surprise the airwaves are filled with sickening trash talk.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

The primaries were back in March. Those were the actual elections. The Dems will win their seats in the inner cities of Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso and along the Rio Grande Valley. The Republicans will win the suburbs and all the rural areas and all of the state wide offices.

So the actual elections in Nov mean nothing.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Rio Grande Valley.
I hear the weather is lovely this time of year. And it's pretty weird being the only white person there.

But anyhoo, I assumed this topic wasn't addressed to me, since I live in the Valley in Oregon. In case it was, here's how it's shaping up:

Corrupt D

Corrupt D

Corrupt D

Corrupt D

Corrupt D

R from a redneck district

Corrupt D

Corrupt D

Hell, 2 years ago, the Corrupt D incumbent governor was under FBI investigation for "influence peddling," (still is), and still won by a mile.

Welcome to my world -- transplants changing the landscape (Oregon, in my young days, always favored forward-thinking/progressive Republicans... and we always loved us some guns... now, the idiot transplants are D at all costs).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Local elections here always favor Dems. Heavily.

Hopefully we return Russ Feingold to the Senate and send that Johnson clown packing.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:Hopefully we return Russ Feingold to the Senate
Why? Have you forgotten why you sent him packing in the first place?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

mvscal wrote:

I'll vote for Sen. Johnson to even out McGoobs vote.

Good news in District 1 - Speaker Paul Ryan is going to get PRIMAIRED out of office by some random dude off the street!

Fukkk that RINO!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

My county is a cluster fuck.

There are eight people running for County Appraiser, only one is even qualified for the job and not a crony; he's the least likely to be elected. Some lady who has worked as an administrator her entire life in various different areas of county government is likely to end up with job.

Our local sheriff is likely to be re-elected which is completely beyond me how. We've gone from one of the safest places in the country to statistically one of the most dangerous in the state of Florida during his four years. Last year our murder rate was higher than NYC and Los Angeles county. He was the second in command behind the last guy who was indicted by the FBI and convicted along with the two guys bellow him. FBI openly said they just didn't have enough on him to get the conviction, hint hint. We have a county officer every four or five miles on the side of the road, or median, passing out speeding tickets for four months of the year while an open air heroin and cocain market operates unimpeded next door to a retirement home a block away from downtown. His office sent a semi-retired elderly officer alone to confiscate a citizen's firearms on an order from a liberal civil court judge over a family court matter, that had no evidence presented to support the order, that got the officer killed by a dumb redneck outside his attorney's office; the guy was only working as an officer still part time to pay to take his granddaughter to Disney World twice a year.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Well...that's pretty fuckin local per request. Good job.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Don't even get me started for the open seat on our sanitation board.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
I voted for him last time. He was a victim of the GOP Wave in 2010.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote:
I voted for him last time. He was a victim of the GOP Wave in 2010.

I actually like Russ Feingold. I meet him and his brother-in-law ( the moron running his campaign back in 2010 )down at the Union on UW-Madison campus and told them there was an ANTI-WASHINGTON sentiment in the country and the voters were FED UP and all the democunt incumbents would be voted out in a mass purge. I told them to make sure the voters understand that Russ is Anti-Washington, and he voted AGAINST the war in Iraq and against the Patriotic Act. They didn't listen to me and he lost. It's such a shame because was a GREAT GREAT Senator and Constituationalist. He never should have lost to some guy off the street with ZERO experience. Sadly, as much as I like Russ, I have a duty to make sure the Senate stays REPUBLICAN.

Now Speaker Ryan has got to go! I don't care if the guy off the street is the dog catcher....RYAN GOTTA GO!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I see two races in Monroe County worth watching. The GOP usually owns the county wide races, but a former Irondequoit town supervisor (Adam Bello) got appointed by Cuomo the Younger to the County Clerk's office. He's running against Cheryl Rozzi, a town clerk and Sally Ride impersonator.

The other race of interst is for county court. The Dems are having a primary to decide between a highly educated black woman and a former Marine JAG.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Already voted in the primary here by mail. Will never go to a polling place again and stand in line for 2+ hours to vote. An amusing observation for me here are the TV ads for opponents on the Republican side, those for someone touting conservative credentials and those against the same person touting that they are not "true" conservatives. See no such bickering on the other side, but I am amused by pro- Alan Grayson ads featuring people like Michael Moore. They probably don't go over too well here in Lee County. I can't wait till the madness ends in November. God help us all.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wolfman wrote:Already voted in the primary here by mail. Will never go to a polling place again and stand in line for 2+ hours to vote.
I read this and went WTF? 2+ hours to vote? Then I realized that the poll workers here are anywhere from 20 to 60 years older than most voters. When I extrapolate that to Florida, well, even poptart could do the math.

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Already voted in the primary here by mail. Will never go to a polling place again and stand in line for 2+ hours to vote.
I read this and went WTF? 2+ hours to vote? Then I realized that the poll workers here are anywhere from 20 to 60 years older than most voters. When I extrapolate that to Florida, well, even poptart could do the math.
Well, I vote in FL as well a couple of hundred miles North of Wolf and have never waited in line. Depending on the ballot size 10-20 min. max from walking in and out.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Maybe it took him 2+ hours to figure out the ballot.

The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

It was the 2012 presidential election. Here in Lee County, they "consolidated" some voting districts. Ours was involved. Mrs. O and I got there around 9:30 AM. The parking lot was overflowing and there was quite a long line outside the voting place, the former Fort Myers Elk's Lodge near us, quite a good sized building. I found a place to park and decided to queue up and wait our turn. I noticed as the line slowly inched to the door that no one seemed to be coming out. Hmmm, interesting. As we reached the door we still had to follow the line of folks into the lodge room where the voting was taking place. Not many people were leaving. Got inside and ---- WTF ????--- there was another huge line snaking around the large room. We picked up our ballots to mark them and got into that long line inside. There was only ONE fucking machine to read ballots!!!! WTF ???? I timed how long it was taking a voter to use the ballot reader. I concluded that it would take about an hour more for me and MrsO to get to the machine. We had already spent an hour just to pick up our ballots. By this time I was determined to vote. My analysis of the people waiting in line was that not many were our age. Interesting for knowing the typical folks I see in our stores and such. That last part is anecdotal and may only reflect the consolidation of voting districts. The length of time it took us to vote is painfully true. I have no idea how many people saw the full parking lot and never stopped to vote---stood in line for a while and split---or whatever and never did vote. My old person conspiracy theory is that it was part of a concentrated effort to get Florida's electoral votes. Even if it wasn't, it must have helped.
No small reason why I vote by mail now, and a lot of folks have joined me. Voting by mail is on the rise, in person is down. I can only hope that the whole thing isn't rigged. We may never really know.