It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

The OL's new sled.

Post by smackaholic »

Picked it up yesterday morning.

'12 mustang. 28k miles, V-6 6 speed.

Nice looking rig and the 3.7 V-6 makes 305 hp although you got to get to the fun side of 5 grand to wake it up. Not really thrilled with the interior to be honest but I ain't gonna be the one driving it every day. I'm just glad I was able to talk her into the 6 speed. Hope she lets me drive it now and then. I better get some oral for my damn near 16k (out the door) outlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: The OL's new sled.

Post by Felix »

if you wanted a black car, you should gave got her this

0-60 in faster than you want to go and turns a standard 1/4 in 10.53 right out of the box
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

And it's better looking.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Felix are you chugging NyQuil this morning?
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

So your wife is going through male menopause?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:So your wife is going through male menopause?
She's compensating for having a small penis.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Imus wrote:Felix are you chugging NyQuil this morning?
no I'm thinking about buying one of them....but not in black, in Arctic white
that is a bad ass car....I'd no doubt be ringing up speeding tickets by the bushel-full....
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I believe there's been a misunderstanding. When smackie's wife said she wanted a new black ride, she was talking about this:

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Sincerely, KC $cott
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

that one's for poptart...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
Imus wrote: I'd no doubt be ringing up speeding tickets by the bushel-full....
Sounds like an excellent plan.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

The OL's new sled.

Post by smackaholic »

Don't think unleashing the OL in a hellcat challenger would be a wise idea. As for looks, I like all of the new pony cars. The OL preferred the stang. So she got it. She says she wanted one because her first ride was a mustang at which point I have to remind her that that POS mustang II was not a mustang. I was following a new ZL-1 the other day. He got on it going under a hiway overpass. Sounded pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:So your wife is going through male menopause?
No, that requires a Vette convertible.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:
Sounds like an excellent plan.
I second that
/s/
Felix's insurance agent
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:As for looks, I like all of the new pony cars. The OL preferred the stang. So she got it.
first time we've agreed on anything for some time, but I too think the new line up of mustangs are a nice looking group of cars

from the 2015 bare bones white

to what i think are the baddest looking mustangs around the Shelby GTR 350

ford decided to get back into the fire breathing game with a vengeance when they rolled the new high performance Stang's off the assembly line
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yeah, the GT350R is nasty. Ford decided to pretend they were Ferrari with the motor. 8200 rpm of flat plane crank goodness. I really like the facelift they did in '15. After putting a down payment on the '12, I saw a bright red '15 with the same setup. Trouble is, it was about 400 miles away. I like the interior updates in the '15 as well. I am not really thrilled with the '12's interior. A tad too retro for me. But, it's nicer than the Camaro interior. Sitting in the Camaro is like sitting in a gun turret. Looks sweet from the outside though.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
...damn near 16k (out the door) outlay.

You should maker her drive for Uber.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

The 2017 Camaro ZL1 will be able to properly handle any Hellkitten or Shelby GT350 wannabe that thinks it wants any part of it. 1/4 mile times in the high 10s says so.

Sorry Felix...the Mustangs are just too inferior to the new 6th Gen Camaros, in pretty much every way. Even the standard Camaro SS has 455hp and a 8-spd transmission and runs high 11s right off the showroom floor. :shock:

I'll take mine in red, of course.

Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Hate the grill in that top Camaro pic. The zigzag lines look terrible.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

That new ZL-1 is gonna be badass. Will be interesting to see how it does at the strip against the Hellcat. The GT350R is more of a track toy, not a drag racer. I will reserve judgement on the look till I see one in real life, although I get what you are saying. It looks like they are trying to copy Honda/Toyota with the busy lines and giant ugly grills. I think the Mustang's recent facelift was better. A little more subdued.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Paul wrote:.... and a 8-spd transmission and runs high 11s right off the showroom floor.
This is where they lose me.

Half the fun of driving these things is shifting them and seeing how many gears you can chirp the wheels in. But, if you have to do the auto, at what point is more gears just a big dick contest? 8 or even 9 gears in a high winding 4 cylinder might make sense. In a V-8 that pull like a freight train right off idle, I think it is just extra weight/expense. I doubt it affects performance or fuel mileage much at all. The negligible gains of always being at the perfect rpm for efficiency is countered by more weight and the fact that the engine is spinning more bits in the tranny which takes power. My guess is that anything past 6 is just showing off and possibly even lowers efficiency.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

For the price of the Camaro ZL1 you can buy a Vette. I get it if you're a collector, otherwise I'd take a two year old 911, Merc AMG or M4.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Paul wrote: Sorry Felix...the Mustangs are just too inferior to the new 6th Gen Camaros, in pretty much every way. Even the standard Camaro SS has 455hp and a 8-spd transmission and runs high 11s right off the showroom floor. :shock:
I never said I wanted a mustang, I said I was considering buying the Arctic White 707 hp hellcat.....I've had my turn with high powered mustangs (I had a 1998 S351 Saleen) that I sold for almost as much as I paid for it......now I want another high performance car and I took an SRT 392 out for a test drive and loved the car.....unfortunately they won't let you take the one hellcat they have in the store out for a test drive, so the 392 was the closest I could come to judging how the car looks, rides, and feels....I would definitely have to take a hellcat out for a test spin before I dropped $63K on one.....
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

smackaholic wrote:
Paul wrote:.... and a 8-spd transmission and runs high 11s right off the showroom floor.

Half the fun of driving these things is shifting them and seeing how many gears you can chirp the wheels in. But, if you have to do the auto, at what point is more gears just a big dick contest? 8 or even 9 gears in a high winding 4 cylinder might make sense. In a V-8 that pull like a freight train right off idle, I think it is just extra weight/expense. I doubt it affects performance or fuel mileage much at all. The negligible gains of always being at the perfect rpm for efficiency is countered by more weight and the fact that the engine is spinning more bits in the tranny which takes power. My guess is that anything past 6 is just showing off and possibly even lowers efficiency.
Go drive one and get back to me...I think you'll have a different opinion.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Felix wrote:
Paul wrote: Sorry Felix...the Mustangs are just too inferior to the new 6th Gen Camaros, in pretty much every way. Even the standard Camaro SS has 455hp and a 8-spd transmission and runs high 11s right off the showroom floor. :shock:
I never said I wanted a mustang, I said I was considering buying the Arctic White 707 hp hellcat.....I've had my turn with high powered mustangs (I had a 1998 S351 Saleen) that I sold for almost as much as I paid for it......now I want another high performance car and I took an SRT 392 out for a test drive and loved the car.....unfortunately they won't let you take the one hellcat they have in the store out for a test drive, so the 392 was the closest I could come to judging how the car looks, rides, and feels....I would definitely have to take a hellcat out for a test spin before I dropped $63K on one.....
Not gonna lie...the Hellcat is worth EVERY penny. GOD DAMN those cars are fast, and the power even in the upper gears is just stupid, in a good way of course.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Paul wrote:
smackaholic wrote:

Go drive one and get back to me...I think you'll have a different opinion.
I'm not questioning whether these things are amazing rides. I am just pointing out that 8 gears in a supercharged V-8 is a bit of overkill. I don't think they give up a damn thing, performance or efficiency wise if they go with a 6 speed. And it would be a few pounds lighter or stronger, depending on what they went for. I have driven 8 and 9 speed mopar rentals. The drop in revs from gear to gear is almost nothing. Almost like driving a CVT.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Paul wrote:
Not gonna lie...the Hellcat is worth EVERY penny. GOD DAMN those cars are fast, and the power even in the upper gears is just stupid, in a good way of course.
like I said, it will run a 10.5 quarter right out of the box.....the guy driving it in this video pusses out

go to 1:38 of the video and you'll see my dream car (the 1971 Challenger with a 426 hemi but they sell for a lot more than the new hellcat does)....but the video puts the two side by side in a quarter mile race and see for yourself how the hellcat performs.....
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It really is stupid how fast the new stuff is. The new Z06 with the 8 speed auto can break off a 10.4 on stock tires. :shock:

That is just fukking ridiculous. It is a few horses shy of the hellcat, but the hellcat is a lardass.

My fukking V-6 is only a few tenths behind the old hemi. That is absolutely ridiculous. A few mods and some sticky tires and a fukking modern secretary's car will run with the legend. And get 30 mpg if you keep your foot out of it.

The old saying is right. They don't make them like they used to. Thank g0d.

I suspect before long, somebody is gonna get into the 9s. I think the Porsche 918 is already there, but that thing costs a few trillion dollars. The goal should be under 10 seconds for under 100K.....and get 30 mpg! Maybe the coming Ford GT will get there, except for the under 100K part. I suspect we will soon see a vette with a hybrid drive similar to the 918 that will get there. Give it a twin turbo small block and about 400 horse worth of edrive and they should be there. Of course that would have a snowballs chance in hell of being under 100k.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote: Trouble is, it was about 400 miles away.
Yeah, who wants to drive 400 miles home in a performance sports coupe anyway.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Make sure the new sled has a good parking brake!

Sin,
Anton Yelchin
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22