Outer Banks.....Heads up!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Outer Banks.....Heads up!

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurric ... large=true

This is one mean Mofo! 110 MPH when it hits?? Sustained? That usually means about 150 gusts.

Imagine if the Wright Brothers tried the plane about the time one of these fuckers hit? If you've never been through one....it's kinda like a tornado that lasts for 8 - 16 hours. And the wind turns around about halfway through.

:shock:
What were we just talking about?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Outer Banks.....Heads up!

Post by Wolfman »

Hope it slows down on its track. We're going to be on the Amtrak Auto-Train Friday night and in VA (DC area) Saturday and Sunday. Looks right now that we will not be affected. Been though a couple name retired storms here. Kinda scary when the wind is really howling. I felt safe inside with my aluminum accordion shutters and steel reinforced garage door.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

At least you don't have earthquakes.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

FLA doesn't get quakes, but places in the Caribbean are prone to them. A really nasty Tsunami inducing one could make things in FLA interesting as it is a big sandbar with an average elevation a few feet above sea level.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Speaking of: when first here house shopping, talking to real estate agent and she told me the house was in "Flood Plain B." I said what's that. She said 8 feet above sea level. I go, "so if there is a 10 foot storm surge...." Yes, you'd have 2 feet of water in your house. I got flood insurance even though the bank didn't require it for my mortgage. Peace of mind.
Do folks in SoCal get earthquake insurance?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote:Speaking of: when first here house shopping, talking to real estate agent and she told me the house was in "Flood Plain B." I said what's that. She said 8 feet above sea level. I go, "so if there is a 10 foot storm surge...." Yes, you'd have 2 feet of water in your house. I got flood insurance even though the bank didn't require it for my mortgage. Peace of mind.
Do folks in SoCal get earthquake insurance?
Not required but a good idea, since the regular policies don't cover earthquake damage. Ours isn't too expensive - just a couple of hundred a year - but it has a 15% deductible on the value of the dwelling. I've never in 55 years in CA been in an earthquake that actually caused any damage to my house or belongings. My mom had some damage in the Loma Prieta quake but mostly things falling off shelves. We also have flood insurance available, but I live on top of a hill.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurric ... large=true

This is one mean Mofo! 110 MPH when it hits?? Sustained? That usually means about 150 gusts.

Imagine if the Wright Brothers tried the plane about the time one of these fuckers hit? If you've never been through one....it's kinda like a tornado that lasts for 8 - 16 hours.
Uh, no.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Imagine if the Wright Brothers tried the plane about the time one of these fuckers hit? If you've never been through one....it's kinda like a tornado that lasts for 8 - 16 hours.
Uh, no.
Uh, yes.
What were we just talking about?
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

8-16 hours? :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A hurricane can be nasty, but it does not have the localized intensity of a tornado. Hurricanes can fukk a house up, but they do not make houses evaporate.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Well that's just wrong.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:

Uh, no.
Uh, yes.
No. Any respectable tornado is well above 110 mph, more like 200 mph and up. You can't begin to compare wind damage from the average hurricane to an average tornado. Hurricanes knock out windows and remove some siding. From flimsy little buildings you find in Florida. Tornados obliterate sturdy buildings and insert toothpicks into telephone poles.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Documentary evidence.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

They think it's going to head out to sea. Too bad, since Charleston could have used a little more rain, to go on top of the 500" they've had in the last couple of days (parts of town are already flooded).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one