Organized religion is thankfully headed towards Extiction

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Organized religion is thankfully headed towards Extictio

Post by Mikey »

KC Scott wrote:

Within 3 Generations it will be an anomaly - a relic looked back and laughed at like all the ones before it
So, in 60 years or so you can really start celebrating. Bet you're looking forward to that.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

I find it odd that non-believers spend so much time hand wringing about religion. Makes one wonder.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jerkovich wrote:I find it odd that non-believers spend so much time hand wringing about religion. Makes one wonder.
Don't strain yourself.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Video from Scott's funeral

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

What about large crosses on public land? Do those bother you also, Jsc?

How about if the cross is on private land?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:What about large crosses on public land? Do those bother you also, Jsc?

How about if the cross is on private land?
This one really pisses me off:

Goddamn Christians from outer space.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I am in the extremely doubtful agnostic camp and I find the militant aetheist even more annoying than over the top bible thumpers.

You don't believe in that superstitious nonsense, I get it. Now shut the fukk up and leave others alone who may have a different opinion. As for them putting verse on their cars or quoting the verse, once again, I don't give a fukk, even if the verse is from the koran. BTW, pretty much any verse in the bible telling someone to do/not do something, can be found in the koran or other religious texts, as well. They mostly all condone good behavior and warn against bad shit like killing babies and buggery.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

So unorganized religion is better? Like Wiccans or Satanists?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I would not care. I'm agnostic.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote: Now this guy was practicing his faith in private, but he didn't realize there are some parts of the Bible that you shouldn't take literally. May God bless him and his remaining family.
Bell County Coroner Jay Steele said he pronounced Brock dead at the home of his brother Bobby Brock in the Kettle Island community at 4:25 p.m. Sunday.

Steele said an investigation into the incident is continuing.

"We're still looking into the medical history," he said. "He had some extenuating circumstances that may have contributed."
Extenuating circumstances - like fatal stupidity?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Amazing. Those graphs really don't mean much at all. Besides, where is the fancy colorful graph for Islam?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Scott, why are you so obsessed about religion?

It's creepy... and I can't believe nobody else has grabbed this low hanging fruit yet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:You don't believe in that superstitious nonsense, I get it. Now shut the fukk up and leave others alone who may have a different opinion.
Yeah, because we all know "over the top bible thumpers" are known for minding their own business. They are so cool with others having different opinions they will approach you on the streets or actually go to your home with pamphlets to try to change your mind.

The reason thumpers annoy you less than atheists is because, chances are, you have more in common with them politically.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:You forgot to use $
I pick appropriate moments... this isn't one.
I go after Religion when it starts pushing itself onto people who don't want it
Thus, you start a topic about it?

Seems counter productive but whatever floats your boat and lets you sleep at night... who am I to judge?
Go have a few beers and take another swing at me again tonight
yessir on the beers, a firm maybe on the other... after the Royals game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Luke 16:19-31
[19]There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
[21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
[25] But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
[26] And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
[27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
[28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

poptart wrote:though one rose from the dead.
When it comes to zombies and science fiction drama, The Bible was way ahead of its time.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The Royals lost and that always sours my mood

KC Scott wrote:take another swing at me again tonight
How is it that somebody starts a stupid thread, capitalizes a word in the subject line that shouldn't be capitalized, and then misspells that word?

In baseball terms, that's an intentional 'tard.

Please post some more lavish vacation pics and then go piss up a rope, $cott.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

btw, chew on these numbers after you're done with the rope.

War Wagon (91-81-8) 27 10 36 3 .3358 .9842 28 2 2 2 2.856 1.038 7-2-3
Drunken Trolls (99-73-8) 17 8 18 1 .3190 .9791 13 2 2 2 2.077 0.969 2-7-3

:hfal:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

War Wagon wrote: Please post some more lavish vacation pics and then go piss up a rope, $cott.
Remember, we're talking about a guy who thinks that men who posses the skill to cook up anything beyond a steak are "gay"...
...and that having fear or apprehensions on shower rape are unfounded.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

KC Scott wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I am in the extremely doubtful agnostic camp and I find the militant aetheist even more annoying than over the top bible thumpers.
What turns atheists and agnostics into militants?
The 'New Atheists' are annoying, shill, whinging little tits. It's a new vehicle for the bourgeois liberal 'leftest' to rationalise imperialism so he can sleep at night, or Jews engaged in a New Testament meltdown.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

What is being crammed down your throat Scott.

States have laws on the books that assaulting a pregnant woman that results in termination of the pregnancy is murder, but if a woman terminates the pregnancy on her own it is not murder. What The Fuck?

It is illegal to sell body parts in the United States but Planned Parenthood is picking out the mess from abortions and selling them to research facilities? What the Fuck?

So what is the difference between salting and scrapping a baby in the womb or letting it properly gestate for 9 months then letting it be a troll for 18 years before a white cop pumps a round in the back of its head. You seem to think it is destined to that end by your logic, What The Fuck!
Last edited by atmdad on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc wrote:If believers would practice their faith in private and not try to involve that faith in government, then it would be easy to ignore them.
A Christian has as much right to push for his view of morality to be represented as anyone else.

I'm pretty sure many have noticed by now that you and Scott both have a nasty streak of nazi authoritarianism in you that is pretty disturbing.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

nm
Last edited by The State on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

poptart wrote:I'm pretty sure many have noticed by now that you and Scott both have a nasty streak of nazi authoritarianism in you that is pretty disturbing.

The fact: That you equate "Nazi" and posters on this message board.

Let just say... it's a good thing you're not within arms reach right now.

That would have been your last post.

the truth
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
smackaholic wrote:You don't believe in that superstitious nonsense, I get it. Now shut the fukk up and leave others alone who may have a different opinion.
Yeah, because we all know "over the top bible thumpers" are known for minding their own business. They are so cool with others having different opinions they will approach you on the streets or actually go to your home with pamphlets to try to change your mind.

The reason thumpers annoy you less than atheists is because, chances are, you have more in common with them politically.
Thumper dude has the right to be annoying. He even has the right to knock on my door to try to show me the light. So long as he goes away when I tell him I would prefer to just burn in hell. Militant aetheist dude pisses me off because he is not satisfied with telling people he doesn't believe in all that hog wash. He gets government involved to force others to change their behavior.

If you can't see the difference between these two acts, you are dumber than wags at an open tap budweiser party. One is a person asking you to do something, the other is telling you to do something and trying to get government to put its boot on your neck if you refuse.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I am in the extremely doubtful agnostic camp and I find the militant aetheist even more annoying than over the top bible thumpers.
What turns atheists and agnostics into militants?

The religious trying to push their beliefs into laws that govern everybody.
If you don't believe in abortion - then don't have one
Otherwise shut the fuck up and let everyone live their lives as they see fit

I don't give a fuck what they put on their cars.
I don't give a fuck what they wear.
I care even less about religious symbols in public - many are actually quite beautiful.
Most of the great architecture works of history were the result of Religion (because of course they had all the money)

Seems more and more of the US (and the world's) population agree with this as evidenced by the charts above
As I have already noted, I find the thumpers to be a rather silly bunch, but, I just don't see all this law pushing going on, other than maybe the who can marry whom bullshit, where the answer should be for government to ignore the topic in general.

As for the if you don't believe in abortion, don't have one argument, can we extend it elsewhere?

If you don't believe in murder, don't murder? I mean what business is it of mine, anyhoo?

I just don't see this topic as absolute.

On the one hand we have "every sperm is sacred" thumper. On the other, that kid has no fukking rights what so ever, until his skull uhhhh, I mean, what was it.... creamatorium?....planetarium?....fukkk, it I will just go with "dome", pops out of his mama's hatchet wound.

One is a silly thumper. The other is a fukking monster.

If I was g0d/prez/grand poobah for a day, I would say we need to come up with some sort of deal. First trimester, knock yourself out. Flush the little bastid. 2th period, you ought to have a pretty good reason, like maybe toolio is the daddy or something. And maybe you need to have some sort of conselling, including the adoption option. 3st inning, too fukking bad. that is a viable person you got there. we do not murder innocent viable people in this society, well other than the occasional balck dude for selling loose smokes. If there is a good medical reason to evict the little shit, the doctor will make every attempt to carry out this eviction without murdering the evictee. If this means you don't look so good in a bikini anymore, so be it. That is a temporary state, anyway.

Oh, and one other thing. If you do get an abortion, the plumbing gets left alone the first time. Second time, doc snips your tubes.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

atmdad wrote:What is being crammed down your throat Scott.
Cocks...lots of cocks.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The State wrote:
poptart wrote:I'm pretty sure many have noticed by now that you and Scott both have a nasty streak of nazi authoritarianism in you that is pretty disturbing.

What? You're going to beat him to death with a large chime?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

If a simple nazi reference was enough to make toolio melt, I feel like we may see enough swastikas here to make Marge Schott blush very soon.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

poptart wrote: There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Christians have BODE on you, Scott. Honestly, who is ramming Jesus down your throat? Who out there is going to great depths in saving you? Why are you so concerned with this?

"Thumpers" going door-to-door are not the same as Scientologists sitting outside your house with video cameras everyday. Mormans, Jehovah Witnesses, or even Baptists knocking on your door are not there to convert you or else. Yes, there are extremists in every religion, but they don't represent the whole.

And the charts you posted, Scott? Yeah, you're kinda suggesting the millennials are leading the way to better times and they must be smarter than the boomers and the Xs because they don't partake in Sunday services at their local sanctuary. Yes, I really want to get in line with a trend the millennials are setting. Give me a fucking break. Anytime I want to learn something from my niece, it better involve some cool app on my tablet or cell phone.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Go Coogs, you sound like an asshole. A lot of Christians do. Except Poptart. He's totally cool about it.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

The State wrote:

the truth
Now we are getting somewhere. Back comes the " If I saw you I would fight you" smack, the " I will kick your ass smack." This is fucking awesome. Epic blasts like that will have everyone shaking...and laughing their asses off.

Meet me in Laguna Hills and we will fight.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:...as long as it doesn't infringe on others rights
Interesting. Would you consider being dismembered and parted out for resale to bioresearch firms without so much as a 'by your leave' to be an infringement upon your rights?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rumps wrote:And the charts you posted, Scott? Yeah, you're kinda suggesting the millennials are leading the way to better times and they must be smarter than the boomers and the Xs because they don't partake in Sunday services at their local sanctuary. Yes, I really want to get in line with a trend the millennials are setting. Give me a fucking break. Anytime I want to learn something from my niece, it better involve some cool app on my tablet or cell phone.
There it is.
The take of the month for July.

I take pity on the millenials, but also understand why they aren't going to Church.
The Church is often a very fugged up place full of fugged up people who are doing wack things.
They want no part of it.

When I was dragged to Church by my folks, I wanted no part of it.

Those who used to read in the Theology Forum know I sometimes said that Christians can be some of THE strangest people you'll come across.
They "believe" in such strange ways.

What they have is... disbelief, and that's why their strange way of "believing" is manifest.

Why not just believe?

Jesus surely proved Himself to be the Christ.
It is FINISHED (John 19:30).
Just enjoy it.
I can tell you people that I honestly have such peace in my soul.

The Millenials are not going to Church because the Covenant was not relayed well to them by previous generations.
Not well at all.
They see no reason to go into a wack place like Church.

They don't know why it is imperative that they believe.
They just see a bunch of messed up Christian people doing weird things -- and hyper-believing.
Mysticism and legalism prevail.
See Matthew 17:1-9.
The Church says 'Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ," yet if you look closer, they are holding on to Moses and Elijah.
It must be ONLY Jesus Christ.

Christ was not relayed to the millenials so that they could understand it.

It is entirely rightful that the Church is shrinking.
Because while individual Christians have salvation from accepting Christ, overall they are still stuck in disbelief, and the Church became a place of disbelief -- and a place where weird things take place.
So it is fading.
Rightfully so.

Even still, God has a Remnant prepared by grace -- in all ages.
There are those among future generations who will hear the Gospel, recognize it, and enjoy it.
It will never be stopped.

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

trev wrote:Go Coogs, you sound like an asshole. A lot of Christians do. Except Poptart. He's totally cool about it.
How so? I'm not persecuting anyone here for being atheist or agnostic. It doesn't bother me one bit. My issue is people stereotyping Christians as extremist ass-holes who spend every waking hour waving the good book in your face if you're a non-believer. That is certainly not the norm among Christians yet people fall hard for that type of propaganda.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

poptart wrote: When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Are we SURE he didn't just see someone marinading a rib-eye?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc wrote:Because there exists absolutely no evidence to justify a belief therein.
Of course there is evidence, and it is abundant.
Some of it has been posted many times in here.

Just because you choose to wave it off, or even make a statement as preposterous as "there exists absolutely no evidence," does not mean the evidence is not there.

As always, believe as you will.
You have that freedom.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

No, there isn't. That's why they call it faith. If you are quoting the bible to prove the veracity of the bible, you are just sucking your own dick.