Coffee, how do you take it?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Coffee, how do you take it?

Post by Wolfman »

Rack the ChemEx. Holy crap Goobs, I have one of those. It was my Dad's and somehow we still have it here. AND--(and this is kind of creepy)--we just used it a couple weeks ago when our coffee maker was acting up. Made coffee as good as any. Just doesn't have any bells and whistles like the electric gadgets.

....and---now we know why Moving Sale feels "loggy" ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I will stick with my Bunn My Cafe that I picked up a few years ago. Makes a great cup and I believe it functions much like a pour over, when using the refillable filter. It sort of works like a kurig that is actually servicable. The only service you can do on the kurig machine is to haul it out to the trashcan when it breaks. And yes, it will.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:I will stick with my Bunn My Cafe that I picked up a few years ago. Makes a great cup and I believe it functions much like a pour over, when using the refillable filter.
Jesse Raub, author of the java-enthusiast website Bitter Press, tells us that “regular drip coffee makers don't evenly wet the coffee grounds, which leaves your coffee unevenly extracted. Hand-pouring the water offers you an easy, controlled method for ensuring even distribution.”
Peasant.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I don't drink much coffee, but when I do - I like it to be about the same color and taste as basic diarrhea.
Recently bought one of these:

Invented 74 years ago, and designers at the Illinois Institute of Technology said that the Chemex Coffeemaker is "one of the best-designed products of modern times", and so is included to the collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.

Key to making really good coffee is to get the grind uniform and slightly coarse, so I bought a burr grinder.

This is why pour over coffee is the best.

Better than a French press? I like the simplicity of the design.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I like my coffee like I like my women: balck as fukk.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Moving Sale wrote:How do it take my coffee? In the ass of course.

Sin,
KCpurseswinningtranny
I laughed.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I don't drink much coffee, but when I do - I like it to be about the same color and taste as basic diarrhea.

Invented 74 years ago, and designers at the Illinois Institute of Technology said that the Chemex Coffeemaker is "one of the best-designed products of modern times", and so is included to the collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.

Key to making really good coffee is to get the grind uniform and slightly coarse, so I bought a burr grinder.

Better than a French press? I like the simplicity of the design.
Yes. I shelved my press as soon as I bought this.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Damn that's a blast from the past. My parents used one of those when I was little.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:Yes. I shelved my press as soon as I bought this.
Sounded good to me. I ordered the 8 cup glass handled job...err design. Seriously, it was a revelation. I did my full [ :dins: ] internet due diligence [/ :dins: ] and, with a shit grind (too coarse) on shit beans...still....

Good fucking coffee. Very good fucking coffee.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

A pinch of cream.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Funny, I was watching this old (1966 or so) movie last night with Paul Newman called Harper. He got up in the morning and had to fold a round filter into a cone to use in this pre-historic drip coffee maker, which I thought was kind of strange.

So he gets the kettle on, folds the filter and then realizes there's no coffee left in the can. Then he shows another amazing thing about the Chemex - pulled the previous day's used filter, with the coffee grounds still in it, from the trash and re-used it. So I guess you can save money with the Chemex by using the same coffee grounds over and over.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Yes. I shelved my press as soon as I bought this.
Sounded good to me. I ordered the 8 cup glass handled job...err design. Seriously, it was a revelation. I did my full [ :dins: ] internet due diligence [/ :dins: ] and, with a shit grind (too coarse) on shit beans...still....

Good fucking coffee. Very good fucking coffee.

I bought this burr grinder for under $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Consistent-Hand-C ... rr+grinder

Took two quick adjustments to get the grind I wanted. Set it and forget it. I almost fill the top chamber with beans and that's the perfect amount for a half-fill on the 8-cup Chemex. Glad you like it.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Go Coogs' wrote:A pinch of cream.
Every once in a while I like a splash of skim milk in my iced coffee. But...what's the fuckin' deal with some of these joints that won't put it in for you? They just point over to a counter with that little carafe sitting there suggesting it's my job to do it. Why is this considered acceptable customer service? If I'm paying you 100% of the cost of the drink, you should prepare 100% of the drink. I tell ya, the struggle is real...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:

I bought this burr grinder for under $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Consistent-Hand-C ... rr+grinder

Took two quick adjustments to get the grind I wanted. Set it and forget it. I almost fill the top chamber with beans and that's the perfect amount for a half-fill on the 8-cup Chemex. Glad you like it.
Got one of these burr grinders last year. Maybe not as cool as the hand crank but quick, and you can go and do other things (like fill up the water) while the beans are grinding.

Plus, it produces the db equivalent of a small jet engine so it wakes up everybody else in the house when I grind my coffee at 5:00 a.m., which is a good thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DBM-8-S ... ee+grinder
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Walked up to the starbucks counter at the airport yesterday and ordered a large coffee. I refuse to call it a grande or whateverthefukk. The server chick asks me if I had time for a "pour over". I said sure. I suspect that 90% of her customers respond with WTF is a pour over? Being an enlightened T1Ber, I did not.

It was fine. Any different from their usual coffee? I doubt it. But, then again, wtf would a coffee peasant know?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I will stick with my Bunn My Cafe that I picked up a few years ago. Makes a great cup and I believe it functions much like a pour over, when using the refillable filter.
Jesse Raub, author of the java-enthusiast website Bitter Press, tells us that “regular drip coffee makers don't evenly wet the coffee grounds, which leaves your coffee unevenly extracted. Hand-pouring the water offers you an easy, controlled method for ensuring even distribution.”
Peasant.
The Bunn isn't a regular drip maker, gramps. It runs the water through fairly quickly. A regular drip maker trickles water through enough coffee to make a pot, so I can see what ^^^ coffee fag dude says.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I know what a Bunn is, Corky. I own one. The wife uses it. It runs the water through fairly quickly because it holds water heated in a reservoir. It doesn't have to heat the water as it makes the coffee. It also doesn't allow the coffee to "bloom" as it just dumps a continuous little shower of water start to finish. Water that's generally not quite as hot as is used in a pour over. It's still a drip coffee maker.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:I know what a Bunn is, Corky. I own one. The wife uses it.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Rack mv.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:I know what a Bunn is... I own one.
Stop me if you've heard this one before.... never mind, too late.

When I visited my sister and brother in Wisky TG before last, they were both using Joe Dimaggio type coffee makers. Takes like 15-20 minutes to brew one fucking pot of coffee. I'm like, wtf is with this? Never heard of a Bunn? I need my fucking coffee in the morning. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt.

You think I'm an asshole when I'm drunk? Wait until you see me in the morning, waiting on an ancient (and loud) coffee maker to percolate.

They were offended. I'm good at doing that to my siblings.

But despite their protestations that they were just fine with waiting for their coffee, I insisted that they must needs have a Bunn.

One of these days, I may send them one for Christmas. Certainly, before I drive 600-700 miles to their liberal hell holes again and have to look at them the next morning.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I guess it is age creaping up on me, but I now have one cup a day at 10:15 AM. I have 1st generation Kurig that takes two minutes to warm up. My wife bought it because she likes a cup of tea. I like it because I can go from start to drinking the coffee in under 4 minutes. I still put a lot of cream and sweetener in my cups.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
lovebuzz
Still thinking about a new title

Post by lovebuzz »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Mikey wrote:I mail order a "Kona Blend" in 2 lb bags. Not sure what the actual blend is but it tastes really good - a medium roast that's great with bfast. I grind it one pot at a time to a medium grind and brew it in a Cuisinart drip machine that I got at Costco. Always black and not sweetened, unless I'm drinking it at night with booze mixed in.
^^Gets is.
Similar thoughts. Similar habits but different beans, local and recent roast matter as much as the source. I grind my own.
Also minus booze add a French Press here and there.
i've been slanging coffee for a few years and am admittedly spoiled and persnickety.
While it baffles the mind that so many around here drink shitty swill coffee, it does not surprise.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

lovebuzz wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Mikey wrote:I mail order a "Kona Blend" in 2 lb bags. Not sure what the actual blend is but it tastes really good - a medium roast that's great with bfast. I grind it one pot at a time to a medium grind and brew it in a Cuisinart drip machine that I got at Costco. Always black and not sweetened, unless I'm drinking it at night with booze mixed in.
^^Gets is.
Similar thoughts. Similar habits but different beans, local and recent roast matter as much as the source. I grind my own.
Also minus booze add a French Press here and there.
i've been slanging coffee for a few years and am admittedly spoiled and persnickety.
While it baffles the mind that so many around here drink shitty swill coffee, it does not surprise.
They drink shitty swill beer, too.

Hi, Buzzer!

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Ever heard of Todd Carmichael? Renowned coffee nerd who's had a couple of TV shows on the Travel Channel ("Dangerous Grounds", "Uncommon Grounds"). He has a relatively new manual coffee maker:

Only $395.

http://www.lacolombe.com/products/dragon

http://www.thecoffeecompass.com/coffee- ... on-brewer/

Sidenote for poptart from Carmichael's bio:
On December 21, 2008, Carmichael became the first American to cross from the shores of Antarctica to the South Pole, on foot and unassisted. In doing so, he broke the World Speed Record with a total travel time of 39 days, 7 hours and 49 minutes.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So, he hiked to the icewall, pissed on it and turned around?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote:So, he hiked to the icewall, pissed on it and turned around?
Yeah yeah, big deal. Where is the live shot, publicly available, of this alleged trip. Of course he didn't cross to the other side since...uhhh crap which line do I use here?

Sincerely,

Pop
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Goober McTuber wrote: Image
WTF. Does this guy drink coffee or smoke it?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I've watched a few of his shows on cable. He goes to many 3rd world countries looking for coffee beans. I remember one of him being in Columbia and you see all of these areas of stripped soil on hillsides. He said the farmers let it be used for cocoa plants that sucked up the nutrients in the soil to where nothing can grow there. Then he would find banana trees and looked under them for coffee plants. He would pick a few ripe beans and use a grinder and brew them on site to see if they were any good. If they were good, he would offer the land owner good money for X amount of bags to be shipped to him. He talked about how companies would buy random coffee beans from the farmers to combine the beans to make "blends." So the crap people buy here that are blends are getting whatever shit that isn't any good.

Interesting series of shows. I don't drink coffee and couldn't care less what people buy.

Of course here's this: "When I buy coffee, I want to taste it. Bonnie buys shit."
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Lots of cream, lots of sugar....

Safeway Kitchens Columbian with Int'l Delight Hazelnut.

All you coffee snobs can go fuck yourselves right next to the beer snobs.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:Ever heard of Todd Carmichael? Renowned coffee nerd who's had a couple of TV shows on the Travel Channel ("Dangerous Grounds", "Uncommon Grounds"). He has a relatively new manual coffee maker:

Only $395.

http://www.lacolombe.com/products/dragon

http://www.thecoffeecompass.com/coffee- ... on-brewer/

"The Dragon"? Seriously? And for only $395?

More like "The Douchenozzle"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:You think I'm an asshole when I'm drunk? Wait until you see me in the morning, waiting on an ancient (and loud) coffee maker to percolate.
An automatic drip coffee maker does not percolate, dumbfukk.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

smackaholic wrote:
War Wagon wrote:You think I'm an asshole when I'm drunk? Wait until you see me in the morning, waiting on an ancient (and loud) coffee maker to percolate.

He meant to type percocet.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote:
It only took you 6 weeks to come with... that?

Take a shit lap around your foundation, backwards.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sorry dude, but the statute of limitations for vocabulary smack is 6 months in this shithole, so go EAD.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:percocet.
Oh, Jesus Shitballs!! Save some for me, fellas. I'm on my way!!

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

mvscal wrote:Oh, Jesus Shitballs!! Save some for me, fellas. I'm on my way!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:Didn't take long for us to find out who the Starbucks faggot is.
there's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking Starbucks, it's good coffee.....every morning I have a triple venti mocha, that's three shots of espresso flavored with some chocolate.....that'll get you rolling in a hurry....if you would have told me five years ago I'd be paying $5 for a cup of coffee I would have said you were out of your mind.....now I do it almost every day....at home I drink Yuban columbian
mvscal wrote:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:percocet.
Oh, Jesus Shitballs!! Save some for me, fellas. I'm on my way!!

shouldn't that be signed
/s/
Roger The Shrubber

ironically enough, I blew some of the aforementioned Yuban through my nose when I saw that GIF....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yuban? WTF? Was Walmart out of Folgers?