United States vs England

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: United States vs England

Post by War Wagon »

USA, USA, USA

Read where we had another goal stolen from us by some bullshit offsides penalty. Fuckers.

And while I don't know much about futball, I know that Landon Donovan is a witch.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:Commentators said there was no offside...again. Somebody doesn't like us very much. Soccer should employ instant replay...thus making the games/matches/whateverthefucktheyarecalled last about 3 days each.
If they simply employed a replay review for scoring situations, they would have eliminated all of this trouble. And it wouldn't take much time. The ESPN crew was able to break down that bullshit offsides call in under 30 seconds.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I'm with Sirfindafold on this World Cup thing.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

donovan's kick beat three teams at once: algeria because, like, duh; slovenia because oh whoops, we have more points than you now; and england, because hahahahahahahahahaha: nice second-place finish. good luck there with germany then argentina. we'll take our chances on ghana and uruguay/korea.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nice article from Dan Wetzel

Consider me a now a soccerfan.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Soccer should employ instant replay...thus making the games/matches/whateverthefucktheyarecalled last about 3 days each.
Riiiggghhtttt...and then still end up with a compelling score of 1-0 or even better a fucking draw of 0-0....boring :meds: :meds:
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Entire defense sector of my office was glued to the last 15 minutes of the US-Algeria game. At least eight of us. That goal was awesome. RACK the US!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

After the games yesterday, I felt the queasy relief of someone lying in bed at 4.30am and being absolutely certain that the diarrhoea attacks were now over. And then I heard about the USA goal and went mental. Then I realised that we were doomed to be drawn against Germany.

Whatever happens to the USA now, they can say that they effectively knocked England out of the World Cup, and they deserved to. They're my favourite team in the World Cup because they've been absolute battlers, have never given up, and it would have been a fiasco if they have been knocked out on two disallowed goals that shouldn't have been. And they're now in the easy half of the draw, while we will have to get past Germany, then Argentina, then Spain, then Brazil.

*deep intake of breath*

Scoreboard, USA.

*resigned exhale of breath*
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Way to sack up, Nish.

War BandWagon...nuff said.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

It's no thing, IF. I was telling anyone who'd listen that the US would top our group as soon as the draw was made. This is the worst England team I've ever seen, and your lot are no longer the rag-tag of naturalised chancers of yore. And this would have happened years ago if you weren't in the CONCACAF ghetto, playing Mexico and a handful of inferior teams.

The really galling thing is that the USA are playing in the manner that England pretends it likes to play. The really amusing thing is that the Sakhah-haters are being swept into the dustbin of history, as America has finally got what being an active member of a truly global team tournament is like.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Germany, then Argentina, then Spain, then Brazil.
Weak.

Sin,
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

rack. still trying to figure out the air travel angle, though.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Any world event which sees Ghana and Uruguay advancing to the main round is obviously of very minor value.

I'm sure they can sweat-up a spiffy little hand-knotted rug in such locales, but provide me with something of quality viewing?

This is a joke, right?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Any world event which sees Ghana and Uruguay advancing to the main round is obviously of very minor value.

I'm sure they can sweat-up a spiffy little hand-knotted rug in such locales, but provide me with something of quality viewing?

This is a joke, right?
Ghana isn't a bunch of pushovers. The US would do well to handle them with care.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nobody cares.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

A whole lot of people seem to care. There are watch parties everywhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Nobody cares.
You mean other than the 2-3 billion people watching worldwide?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

about jesus.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I can be bothered to watch bits of what is a massive global sporting event; but my interest pretty much stops when the U.S. is done. The worldwide relevance of the game does make watching the matches more interesting for me. It's fun claiming bode on countries who obsess over the sport every day of every year, when my only interest is relegated to a few cumulative hours once every four years. The melts are unparalleled.
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

That's the thing about succor, the whold World Cup can be summed up in less than ten minutes of video.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dear Italy,

Thanks for the flopping techniques. There is always room for improvement.

Regards,

Another traditional power goes down. Maybe all those American dbags sporting Italia jerseys will finally go away.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack the Bo Ryan balst. And a big FUCK YOU to the kid born in Jersey but deciding to play for the Italians. Eat shit, dickbag. Wait, on second thought, I don't think that kid made the Italian team.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Nishlord wrote:The really amusing thing is that the Sakhah-haters are being swept into the dustbin of history, as America has finally got what being an active member of a truly global team tournament is like.
It happens every four years. Once USA gets put out, all will be back to normal
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

poptart wrote:Any world event which sees Ghana and Uruguay advancing to the main round is obviously of very minor value.

This is a joke, right?
About as much of a joke as Cuba beating the brakes off people in Baseball

If it is the #1 sport of their country, I hope they are decent at it.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Imus wrote:That's the thing about succor, the whold World Cup can be summed up in less than ten minutes of video.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJBHnInDrLY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJBHnInDrLY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Nishlord wrote:The really amusing thing is that the Sakhah-haters are being swept into the dustbin of history, as America has finally got what being an active member of a truly global team tournament is like.
If you are laboring under the impression that "Soccer Fever" has gripped the nation, you are badly misinformed. We could actually win the Cup and the reaction would be, "Oh, that's nice. Well, anyway as I was saying...".

The only reason anybody in America is paying any attention at all is because there is nothing else going on right now. Basketball and hockey are done. Football is months away and June baseball isn't much more interesting than soccer.

Also, we don't hate soccer. We just find it excruciatingly dull to watch. I even played it for six years and it was a blast to play but, if I had a choice, I'd probably rather watch the Home Improvement channel than a soccer match.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack wrote:
If they care about soccer, they're nobodies who don't rate.

RACK Jim Rome's take.

Foosball is way gax.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Yeah, instead let's watch some idiot kick a ball up in the air, everybody chase it for ten seconds - then hold a union meeting for about five hours. Brilliant.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:
BSmack wrote:
If they care about soccer, they're nobodies who don't rate.

RACK Jim Rome's take.

Foosball is way gax.
That's the same kind of logical progression that gives us imaginary sky gods creating the universe in 6 days. Nice try.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Well, I admit that if the slants start raising a ruckus outside my window Saturday night, I might turn on the TV to see what's happening in the S. Korea v. Youragay rubber.

I'll say that the NIG KOR (Nigeria v. S. Korea) scrimmage was a pretty big sexual turn-on enough for these folks.

At least it sounded like multiple orgasms outside my window.

You can't really begrudge a guy for gettin' off.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

The deeper the US goes, the more we will take interest as a nation.

I love soccer but for years I thought it was gax until I understood what was all involved and the skill level it took to do what these guys do in limited spaces.

My closest friends growing up all played soccer while I played baseball and golf. They thought golf was gax until I took their asses out there and showed them how tough it is just to finish a hole without picking up the ball. They had a new found respect for the game when they watched me do my thing....just as I did with them with soccer.

Yeah, I know, 1-0 isn't going to excite anyone, but if you watched all those chances the US had yesterday and saw how difficult it was to capitalize on those chances, then you would probably be as intense and excited as I was watching that game. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the game and there was only one fucking goal.

The game will never be as popular as the big three here in the states, but it is growing at an exponential pace and even older people from the earlier generations are starting to gain some mild interest, which is a far cry from years prior. Say what you want, but this sport is global and our Yanks are over there leaving it all on the field. Rack their efforts and rack soccer.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Work has ground to a halt in the defense side of my newsroom. Well, not really, but it's obvious we're spending more time watching the soccer games on TV than the other publications. Especially for the US games, but not as much for the others. I watched the end of the Algeria game, that goal was fucking incredible. Now that the US has some momentum, the fucking shitbag refs will find a way to screw us once again. Would not be surprised to see another disallowed goal Saturday.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

I would ask, respectfully, for some of the posters in this thread to NOT speak for the entire nation. Or me. I have been a soccer fan since 1990. I got to know the game, the intracacies, and the talent it really takes to play it on the international level when I lived in Costa Rica. The refs have been cheating their ASSES off in the U.S. games. It sucks, because regardless what a ref thinks about a certain country, just call the game fairly.

I think the ratings have been great for the World Cup so far, and if you don't like it...DON'T WATCH!!

And if you haven't watched..........STFU! Let those of us who appreciate and do watch enjoy it.

RACK the U.S. team, and beat the crap out of the Ghanans.
What were we just talking about?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Yeah, instead let's watch some idiot kick a ball up in the air, everybody chase it for ten seconds - then hold a union meeting for about five hours. Brilliant.
Congratulations, Fibs. Your Norks has destroyed Brazil and are now World Champions.

http://www.wimp.com/newsbroadcast
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:I would ask, respectfully, for some of the posters in this thread to NOT speak for the entire nation. Or me. I have been a soccer fan since 1990. I got to know the game, the intracacies, and the talent it really takes to play it on the international level when I lived in Costa Rica. The refs have been cheating their ASSES off in the U.S. games. It sucks, because regardless what a ref thinks about a certain country, just call the game fairly.

I think the ratings have been great for the World Cup so far, and if you don't like it...DON'T WATCH!!

And if you haven't watched..........STFU! Let those of us who appreciate and do watch enjoy it.

RACK the U.S. team, and beat the crap out of the Ghanans.
Suck a donkey dick, you crippled bitch.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ghana ran the U.S. in 2006 and Uruguay hosted the first World Cup in 1930.

Any other bits of wisdom you'd like to bestow?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Nishlord wrote:After the games yesterday, I felt the queasy relief of someone lying in bed at 4.30am and being absolutely certain that the diarrhoea attacks were now over. And then I heard about the USA goal and went mental. Then I realised that we were doomed to be drawn against Germany.

Whatever happens to the USA now, they can say that they effectively knocked England out of the World Cup, and they deserved to. They're my favourite team in the World Cup because they've been absolute battlers, have never given up, and it would have been a fiasco if they have been knocked out on two disallowed goals that shouldn't have been. And they're now in the easy half of the draw, while we will have to get past Germany, then Argentina, then Spain, then Brazil.

*deep intake of breath*

Scoreboard, USA.

*resigned exhale of breath*

Do you REALLY think, playing the lone African team left, the U.S. will get any fair shake at all by the refs?

And I think Germany are waaay damn too old, and Rooney will get his kick on, and put Germany on their backsides.
What were we just talking about?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Maybe all those American dbags sporting Italia jerseys will finally go away.
Are you actually looking for EyeTalons to put a cease to dbaggish behavior?

That's a pretty tall order Nordberg. You'll have to give me a couple of days.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:Do you REALLY think, playing the lone African team left, the U.S. will get any fair shake at all by the refs?
Advance whining?

They've overcome thus far, I think they can do it again.