Darwin hits paydirt

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Darwin hits paydirt

Post by OCmike »

SIERRA VISTA, Ariz. -- Exterminators have removed a hive containing an estimated quarter-million Africanized bees from a home near Bisbee where a man was fatally stung on Aug. 20.

Charlie Pasley, 39, died after being stung about 300 times by a swarm of bees as he was working on the roof of his home with his father, Chuck Pasley, 62. The bees attacked minutes after the pair began work on the roof of their home in the rural community of Whetstone. Chuck Pasley was stung about 100 times but suffered no serious effects.

Michael Smith, a manager for the local extermination company which removed the bees Thursday, said the hive was likely about six months old and was 2 feet wide, a foot long and five inches tall.

"It was a well-established hive," Smith said. "There were about a quarter-million bees and the honeycomb was about 70 pounds."

It was located in a space underneath the family's mobile home and was not visible. He said the family had been noticing bees flying around the area, but were not concerned.

"They weren't bothering anyone," he said. "If you stood and watched them, it was like standing in a garden where bees just come and go, minding their own business."

After the bees attacked, the two men climbed down a ladder and the elder Pasley went into the house and showered to get the bees off him. Charlie Pasley stayed outside and tried to use a water hose to ward off the bees. When the family realized he was still outside, they went outside and tried to help.

"He was lying on the ground completely surrounded by thousands and thousands of swarming bees," said Angela Pasley, his sister-in-law. "If anyone got close to where he was lying, they would attack."

Africanized bees, or "killer bees," have invaded may parts of the United States, including Arizona.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

My neighbor was a Fireman and he had one of those huge nests in one of his bushes off of his pool. I first noticed it when I was atop my riding lawnmower. I rounded the edge near our yards and apparantly I was in the landing/flight path of the bee's. I watched them for awhile...following each other in and out of the hive. The thing was about the size of a basketball.

I talked to Doug my neighbor and he said another fireman from his station and himself were going to execute OPERATION DIE later that night. I was standing out on my deck and watched them come out of the house. They saw me and gave me a thumbs up. They were dressed in full fire department raging fire gear. They got to the hive and each of them unloaded a full industrial sized can of bee killer or whatever. A few bees came out but they weren't able to sting through the gear they wore.

I could hear the laughing under their gear. The next day Doug put the dead hive in a plastic garbage bag, sprayed it a bunch more and sealed it up for the garbage guys.

I think bee's must talk to each other as I haven't seen a hive in his or my yard since. I credit our luck to the "BUZZ" resulting from Operation Die.

Rip City
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

"Operation Die my effin' stinger! When I get over this
goddam buzz, Doug's ass is grass!"
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

You ever been stung by a dead bee?

Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Growing up, we had a six-foot or so bee hive on the side of my house. It was a rather large, two-story house in the country, so the hive was never a problem...

...until the year that they couldn't hide most of it in the attic, and, instead, built the ENTIRE thing on the side of the house. Well, come winter, I waited until it was a REALLY ridiculously day (for Oklahoma.. mid 20's) and started throwing horseapples at the hive. The bees would get pissed, try to fly out... not be able to because of the cold, and then die when I sprayed gasoline on their writhing bodies on the ground. I repeated this process for a while and then lit the area to get rid of the bodies.

It was amusing, but not TOO effective. My pop later had a pro come and get the hive. Then we re-paneled the house and exterminated the attic. End of problem.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

<------ Deathly allergic to bee stings. That is the worst way I can think to kick it... ::shudder::
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

was attacked by a swarm of hornets

they had made a nest near my buddies pool in his back yard, we were throwing a football in backyard, and a bad throw went near the nesting area, they came out pissed, luckily we were able to get inside as his wife sprayed them with a hose to try and fend them off. I was stung atleast 25 times if not more, those fuckers were pissed and tried to put a darwinism notch on their belts
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Bees can fuck you up.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Speaking of Darwin, I caught his act first hand yesterday.

Man drowns at Encinitas beach

By: North County Times -

ENCINITAS ---- Authorities are investigating the drowning Sunday afternoon of a man at Seaside Beach on the Encinitas-Solana Beach border.

The man, believed to be a Mexico citizen, was seen floating face-down around 4:30 p.m., Carlsbad-based state lifeguard supervisor Brian Ketterer said.

The victim was transported to Scripps Hospital in Encinitas and crews "did everything possible" to save him, Encinitas fire Capt. Paul Spencer said.

The name of the victim was being withheld Sunday night pending notification of his family, authorities said.

I took the family down to the beach yesterday for a late afternoon/evening dinner picnic and swim in the ocean. When we pull up we see a bit of a commotion down the beach with some lifeguards and very shortly the paramedics et. al. arrive on the scene. After we dragged our stuff down I wandered down the beach about 50 yards to see what was going on just in time to see the paramedics stop doing CPR, the was one dead bastard. Near where this was going on I saw some gal crying hysterically while a Sheriff was trying to talk to her. Couldn't help but notice next to the towels and crap was what appeared to be a mostly empty 18 pack of Budweiser and a bag with a bunch of emptys spilling out.

Bottomline, If you go to the beach and don't know how to swim and proceed to knock back 15-18 beers, when you decide to go in the water, Darwin is going to be right there with ya.

Funny thing, the paramedics made a show of rushing him into the ambulance and tearing out of the beach parking lot with all the bells and whistles going because there were alot of kids on the beach. But once they got out on 101 they shut it down.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Darwin hits paydirt

Post by Dinsdale »

OCmike wrote:an estimated quarter-million Africanized bees ...the hive was likely about six months old and was 2 feet wide, a foot long and five inches tall.

Wow, what stellar "estimation" skills.

Bueller? Anyone who passed math class?

Works out to over 2000 bees per cubic inch of "living space." Now, if they had said they were Mexicanized Bees, I might buy the story.

And if you've seen bees or wasps around the exterior of a building, and you climb a ladder without a can of wasp spray in your hand, you're a fucking idiot.

BODE Darwin.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

RIP Python.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Get down on your knee to the honey bee
For she is very nice
Before you kill her with a rolled-up Mirror
Think twice
How would that poor bee's mother feel
When she finds out her child is a ghost?
Kill the bee
And ultimately
You'll have nothing to spread on your toast

The wasp however is an evil fella
An insect of little worth
Who buzzes in cars and and around jam jars
And must be removed from this earth
So if you see in the vicinity
A wasp, here's what to do
Make sure it's a wasp
Not a bee because
If you kill a bee
I will be
Exceedingly cross with you

“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Toddowen wrote:Bald-faced hornets are pretty painfull.
Hornets suck, for sure, but I don't think there's anything in the insect word that can inflict a fraction of the unholy pain that a mud dauber can. If I'm not mistaken, daubers are generally fairly passive, so stings aren't common, but they seem to get fired up when it gets really hot outside.

It's only happened once...and once was plenty. If you've never experienced this...trust me, you don't want any part of a mud dauber.
I got one right smack between the eyes as I was hanging from a ladder about twenty five feet high. I was hanging there because I was startled by a bat that flew out behind the shutters of the house that I was attempting to remove the hive from.
Another rookie home improvement/tradesman mistake. If you're climbing a wall that has shutters, ALWAYS look for the tell-tale streaks coming down the wall below it, which indicates that there's little tiny bats living behind it (winged-rats are filthy, and they shit immediately below their living quarters). And when you get close, they will be startled, and generally fly right in your face. Causes more injuries than you might think.

Not a Darwining, but another example of Construction Safety 101 class not sinking in.

By the way....the fireman's killer juice was probably just dishwashing liquid mixed in with water. That's all it takes. Works fast, too.

I did not know this. Thanks. I did know that Shout laundry spot remover stuff is insta-death for bees and wasps after they get even one whiff.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Works out to over 2000 bees per cubic inch of "living space." Now, if they had said they were Mexicanized Bees, I might buy the story.
nice........
JCT

Post by JCT »

A woman in Hohhot, the capital of north China's Inner Mongolia region, crashed her car while giving her dog a driving lesson, the official Xinhua News Agency said Monday.
No injuries were reported although both vehicles were slightly damaged, it said.

The woman, identified only be her surname, Li, said her dog "was fond of crouching on the steering wheel and often watched her drive," according to Xinhua.

"She thought she would let the dog 'have a try' while she operated the accelerator and brake," the report said. "They did not make it far before crashing into an oncoming car."

Xinhua did not say what kind of dog or vehicles were involved but Li paid for repairs.

Huh, the slopes can't drive in slopeland, either.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

JCT wrote:Huh, the slopes can't drive in slopeland, either.

On the bright side, at least she didn't crash into shitty warl.
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

DODD RAMN YOU LENS-RALE!!!!

You no knock down my shitty wahl. You no even fink about it!!!

Rack the South Park Reset.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Toddowen wrote: Does this mean that I cleared the idiot hurdle?
Sort of.

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
OCmike wrote:an estimated quarter-million Africanized bees ...the hive was likely about six months old and was 2 feet wide, a foot long and five inches tall.

Wow, what stellar "estimation" skills.

Bueller? Anyone who passed math class?

We belive that story.

sin

The people who provide estimated "street values" of drugs seized in drug raids.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JCT

Post by JCT »

DUBLIN, Ireland (AP) -- A hot-air balloon caught fire during a circus stunt, killing a clown acrobat as dozens of children watched, police said Tuesday.

The accident happened Monday night as the Royal Russian Circus was performing in Scariff, County Clare, a village in western Ireland. About 100 people were in the audience, most of them children. Police said the clown was a 26-year-old man from Belarus but didn't release his name.

Witnesses said the man, dressed in a clown outfit, was hanging from a cage suspended by ropes and a hot-air balloon inside the canvas tent. When the balloon exploded in flames, the cage fell on top of the man.

The man's wife, who was also part of the act, suffered a broken arm, police said.

"We were all sitting down and they were doing their act. They were up fairly high, but they were doing fine. Next thing, he was down on the ground," said audience member Hazel Harrington. She said many people in the audience initially thought the falling cage was part of the act.

About a half-dozen circuses, employing mostly Eastern European performers, tour Ireland each summer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's usually a good idea to use inert gasses to fill balloons.

Sin,

JCT

Post by JCT »

They should use :dins: hot air.....
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Dinsdale, Hot Air Expert wrote:It's usually a good idea to use inert gasses to fill balloons.

Sin,

Fixed for the haytas.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If you hate on Dinsdale, the terrorists have won.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote: but I don't think there's anything in the insect word that can inflict a fraction of the unholy pain that a mud dauber can........

Sincerely,

The Voice of Experience......
get out, get out while there's still time
Trollfessor
Mary Ann tried harder, Ginger was better

Post by Trollfessor »

JCT

Re:

Post by JCT »

Dinsdale wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:05 am
JCT wrote:Huh, the slopes can't drive in slopeland, either.

On the bright side, at least she didn't crash into shitty warl.
She was too busy eating a bat.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Whoa
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Rack a 14 year old thread.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

The african bees have been toned down and mellowed like European bees by interracial sex with the white bees here.

The giant Asian murder hornets are the latest scare, but again, through interracial breeding, they too will become assimilated by our liberty loving bees.

The only bee that won't assimilate, is the militant muslim bee. They'll have to be destroyed completely, total extinction.
JCT

Post by JCT »

The African bees have never been dangerous because they hold their stingers sideways.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Whoa x 2
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

JCT wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:18 am The African bees have never been dangerous because they hold their stingers sideways.
No those are one ones that can live in colder climates like downtown Chicago, where most are concentrated into a very small area and mostly sting each other. But the left winged bees promote this reality and try to project it on all the other bees, to further their agenda of stinger control and eventual prohibition of such weapons.

Let them with eyes see.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
JCT

Post by JCT »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:35 pm Whoa x 2
Mah brother!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

This board appears to be at a Junction.
JCT

Post by JCT »

I was looking for private alcohol social club of funny people, but I made a wrong turn and ended up here.

I hope most of these boring unfunny cunts fall down 87 flights of stairs.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

JCT wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:07 pm I was looking for private alcohol social club of funny people, but I made a wrong turn and ended up here.

I hope most of these boring unfunny cunts fall down 87 flights of stairs.
Hope is not a strategy & lost doesn't begin to describe your misfortune.

If I could figure out how to properly hold my phone to make myself look good, I'd throw myself down those 87 stairs for a laugh.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
JCT

Post by JCT »

Don't worry, salvation is nigh. I talked to orc and the bunny avatars will be done soon.