Pending PET

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: Pending PET

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:The border crossing is actually in Blaine, IIRC. Been through there once on the way from Seattle to Victoria, BC. Had to wait for over an hour to cross. We came back through Port Angeles, which was longer but a much more pleasant trip.
Blaine is indeed the little suburb to the north of Bellingham, right on the border.

No, you didn't go from Blaine to Victoria -- but if you had said Vancouver, I'd buy it. You can't drive to Victoria from anywhere but somewhere else on Vancouver Island, since it's an island and stuff. Port Angeles is the common place for Americans to ferry over to Victoria, although there's others. They take their ferries very seriously in Northern Washington -- I think you can drive your car on one, and head to Ketchican, AK, or some such place
I don't know if one can do that from PA, but you can definitely go up to AK via ferry from Bellingham
`Victoria is pretty much immediately north of the San Juans, kinda sorta.
NW, actually.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote: I don't know if one can do that from PA, but you can definitely go up to AK via ferry from Bellingham
That's what I meant, but didn't iterate very well.
NW, actually.
Actually, I think it's about due west, depending on where in the San Juans, which cover a pretty big area. But I said north, which isn't quite right. There's a lot of geography going on in that area.

And Victoria is pretty much "right across the border"from Anecortes. And Port Angeles. And Sequim. Don't know if you've even been to Sequim, Diego -- worth a trip. Just east of Port Angeles, but it's in a crazy rain shadow, that forms a semi-arid, little tiny desert adjacent to about the rainiest place in the Lower 48. Interesting place -- I work on the lighthouse there years ago, which sits on the end of the world's longest sand spit -- long hike out there (we had a permit, and drove -- took waves to the side of the brand-new truck. Good times.). Heck, ride around the whole Peninsula while you're at it (but skip Hoquiam and Aberdeen, due to shitholiness :shudder:).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I've ridden to Forks. Sequim is usually where I fuel up, as it's normally cheaper than PA. Although I haven't been there in a few years, the place to eat lunch or dinner in PA is Smugglers Landing. I've had several dishes there that were all money.

Aberdeen & Hoquiam is interesting to ride through (at least going by the older houses), but I've heard that they have a bit of a needle problem out there. I'm usually just riding through.
9/27/22
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Dinsdale wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: I don't know if one can do that from PA, but you can definitely go up to AK via ferry from Bellingham
That's what I meant, but didn't iterate very well.
NW, actually.
Actually, I think it's about due west, depending on where in the San Juans, which cover a pretty big area. But I said north, which isn't quite right. There's a lot of geography going on in that area.

And Victoria is pretty much "right across the border"from Anecortes. And Port Angeles. And Sequim. Don't know if you've even been to Sequim, Diego -- worth a trip. Just east of Port Angeles, but it's in a crazy rain shadow, that forms a semi-arid, little tiny desert adjacent to about the rainiest place in the Lower 48. Interesting place -- I work on the lighthouse there years ago, which sits on the end of the world's longest sand spit -- long hike out there (we had a permit, and drove -- took waves to the side of the brand-new truck. Good times.). Heck, ride around the whole Peninsula while you're at it (but skip Hoquiam and Aberdeen, due to shitholiness :shudder:).
We keep the boat between 8 and 10 knots and depending on time of day and currents the speed varies. Getting across Haro Strait is the tricky part. It's open water and the waves can be insane at times.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Straits can get rough as hell out there.

Diego, if you ever find yourself in Bellingham, I recommend Jalapeno's on the waterfront -- very cool place, full of hot WWU chicks.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The waves can get hairy in PS:

Dins;
I don't get up that way very often anymore, but I'll keep that in mind.
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

After a few hours, I'm starting to miss Bellingham. It was about 82 for a peak temp, which is 15 degrees cooler than it is here right now.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I'll bet 8 ft swells in a flat bottomed ferry is a hoot!
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Dinsdale wrote:
Yeah, not too exciting. But how many volcanoes did you see today, Flyover Faggots?

But, since Bellingham, right on the upper left of the U&L is such a garden spot, and since the slowest network ever was taking way too long to do basic shit, a dinnerbreak was in order.

Patio of a Mexican joint on the waterfront, looking out at the sunset over the San Juans.

Ahhh, good old Bellingham... I remember it fondly.

Right out of high school I trucked on up to a little suburb of Portlandia, Oregon while shuffling through the tallest trees in the world in Northern California and the beginning of the "Cascade Mountains" which just happen to begin in Northern California with the mightiest and most spectacular mountain in all of the cascades.

Mt. Shasta

My mission for the summer was to work for my uncle's fence company and save some money while staying at his home in Gresham... a suburb of Portland. From one window in his house I could see Mt. Hood which seems to have snow on it even in the dead of summer... while out another window I could see Mt. St. Helens with its top blown off... from the recent explosion. My uncle said the ash was everywhere and the stuff was similar to fiberglass and everyone were wearing masks not to breathe the shit in.

Anyways, my uncle and his buddy decided that we should take a little trip up to Canada for a week or so, and rolled into Bellingham and drove our car onto the ferry and trolled the San Juan Islands while spending the night on one of the islands and renting a cabin. I still remember walking a mile or so to town and hitting the only movie theater on the Island and catching the only movie playing (Blade Runner) and having the theater to myself as I ate popcorn and slammed some Jack Daniels from a flask. Not a good combo by the way. But, shit I was 18 and stuck on an Island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by giant black and white colored dolphins that were just off shore.

The next day we hopped back on the ferry and headed to Victoria B.C. Canada and drove off the ferry into the mystical realm of fantasy land. Talk about a beautiful Island... this place was covered from head to toe in the most beautiful array of flowers I've ever seen. The place even had an underwater aquarium in the heart of town. The thing I remember most... was swimming in the bay which was kinda like the beach for the Canucks as they the were all laying around the bay in their swimsuits soaking up that one month of sunshine they get for the year. The water in the bay was around 75 degrees... which blew me away since I came from Baghdad where the bay water always was around 45 50 degrees year round. I was told that the water was so warm do to the bay being so far inland an away from the ocean... which we don't have here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Then we made our way to Vancouver and the land of ski trams that make their way up the mountains. Outside of the mountains... Vancouver reminded me of lovely old England with plenty of hot chicks trolling around.

In conclusion,

I remember Bellingham well, with many good memories... and a lack of Messican hotties.

Good times.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Lack of hotties = good times for milton.

Go figure.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The State wrote:mightiest and most spectacular mountain in all of the cascades.

Mt. Shasta.
"most spectacular" is obviously completely subjective.

But what does "mightiest" mean?

Size?

First, I live near the foothills of the Cascades, and I don't even need to look this shit up...

By size, the tallest Cascade would be Mt Rainier. If you're talking volume, that would be Mt Adams... which last I checked, neither had been moved from Washington to California.

Or by "mightiest" did you mean most frequent/most violent volcanic events?

Because that would be Mt St Helens, followed by South Sister, Hood, and Rainier (good thing there's huge population centers below two of those).
Carson wrote:Lack of hotties = good times for milton.

Go figure.
In Melton's defense, he said there was a lack of Mexican hotties -- which would be true, since there's no Mexicans in Bellingham (nowhere to grow crops). As for white hotties -- Bellingham has a better ratio than most.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The State wrote:From one window in his house I could see Mt. Hood which seems to have snow on it even in the dead of summer...
They're called "glaciers," dumbass.

My uncle said the ash was everywhere and the stuff was similar to fiberglass and everyone were wearing masks not to breathe the shit in.
If by "like fiberglass," he meant "it's fine pumice," then sure. Still have jars of it sitting around. Haven't opened them, but I'm sure it still stinks.
giant black and white colored dolphins that were just off shore.
"Black and white colored dolphins"?

For real?

So, you went to Orcas island... and you saw orcas? Which aren't dolphins, but whales. With big fuggin teeth.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Dinsdale wrote:

For real?

So, you went to Orcas island... and you saw orcas? Which aren't dolphins, but whales. With big fuggin teeth.

Don't go Mr. Magoo... stupid on me.

Or I'll bust out a toothbrush on your limey ass.

I've been swimming in the Pacific Ocean since I was 3 years old. And not the pussy part aka (slowcal and Oregon) where you're lucky to get any swells worth getting wet for.

Let me help you out here... since you limeys are usually scared of the ocean.

Just having a little fun... with a Great White Shark...

Orcas, or killer whales, are the largest of the dolphins and one of the world's most powerful predators. They feast on marine mammals such as seals, sea lions, and even whales, employing teeth that can be four inches (ten centimeters) long. They are known to grab seals right off the ice. They also eat fish, squid, and seabirds.
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... ler-whale/

Hope that helped... my fresh water friend (stuck many many miles from the Ocean in Portlandia)

I thought you were smarter then that... I guess you have more in common with Mr. Magoo... then the rest of us that actually live on the Pacific Ocean.
Last edited by The State on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The State wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

For real?

Don't go Mr. Magoo... stupid on me.

Or I'll bust out a toothbrush on your limey ass.

I've been swimming in the Pacific Ocean since I was 3 years old. And not the pussy part aka (slowcal and Oregon) where you're lucky to get any swells worth getting wet for.

Let me help you out here... since you limeys are usually scared of the ocean.

Orcas, or killer whales, are the largest of the dolphins and one of the world's most powerful predators. They feast on marine mammals such as seals, sea lions, and even whales, employing teeth that can be four inches (ten centimeters) long. They are known to grab seals right off the ice. They also eat fish, squid, and seabirds.
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/a ... ler-whale/

Hope that helped... my fresh water friend (stuck many many miles from the Ocean in Portlandia)

I thought you were smarter then that... I guess you have more in common with Mr. Magoo... then the rest of us that actually live on the Pacific Ocean.
Thanks for displaying that your only knowledge comes from what you are able to c&p. Not all orcas eat marine mammals...only the transient ones. Resident pods found in the PNW only eat salmon. And the orcas around NZ only eat fish (including rays).

But please go on showing how great your knowledge is.... :meds:
9/27/22
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Thanks for displaying that your only knowledge comes from what you are able to c&p. Not all orcas eat marine mammals...only the transient ones. Resident pods found in the PNW only eat salmon. And the orcas around NZ only eat fish (including rays).

What the fuck are you babbling about now ???

You fucking pedophile !

Pssst... looking for little kids

The point was are "Killer Whales"... dolphins or whales ? Not what they eat... you stupid fucking pedophile.

Seriously, I'm surrounded by idiots.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The State wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote: Thanks for displaying that your only knowledge comes from what you are able to c&p. Not all orcas eat marine mammals...only the transient ones. Resident pods found in the PNW only eat salmon. And the orcas around NZ only eat fish (including rays).

The point was are "Killer Whales"... dolphins or whales ? Not what they eat... you stupid fucking pedophile.

Yet you make it a point to post this:
The State wrote:Orcas, or killer whales, are the largest of the dolphins and one of the world's most powerful predators. They feast on marine mammals such as seals, sea lions, and even whales, employing teeth that can be four inches (ten centimeters) long. They are known to grab seals right off the ice. They also eat fish, squid, and seabirds.
Too funny.
9/27/22
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
The State wrote:

The State wrote:Orcas, or killer whales, are the largest of the dolphins and one of the world's most powerful predators. They feast on marine mammals such as seals, sea lions, and even whales, employing teeth that can be four inches (ten centimeters) long. They are known to grab seals right off the ice. They also eat fish, squid, and seabirds.
Too funny.

good god... you're dumber than a box of rocks.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The State wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:
The State wrote:The point was are "Killer Whales"... dolphins or whales ? Not what they eat... you stupid fucking pedophile.

Too funny.

good god... you're dumber than a box of rocks.
So says the person who doesn't know the accuracy of the shit he c&p's. :meds:
9/27/22
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

You're so fucking stupid... it's unbelievable
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The State wrote:You're so fucking stupid... it's unbelievable
Coming from you I'll wear that as a badge of honor.
9/27/22
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Cliff notes... to show how fucking stupid... Diego the Pedophile is

m2... black and white dolphins live off the San Juan Islands.

dinsdale... those are whales... not dolphins

m2... posts a link that proves they are dolphins.

Diego the Pedophile... they eat fish

m2... huh ???

Yes, you really are this stupid.

There's a reason you work at the dmv
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I hate it when I have to come in here and defend stoolio.

I have seen killer whales referred to as a type of dolphin. Is there any sort of official definition for "whale" or "dolphin"? Seems as though KWs are more similar to dolphins than large whales, particularly in their diet. They both hunt decent sized fish/sea mammals as opposed to the big guys that pretty much filter all the little stuff out of the ocean.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:I hate it when I have to come in here and defend stoolio.

I have seen killer whales referred to as a type of dolphin.
But have you ever heard someone refer to them as "giant black and white colored dolphins"? That's vernacular some clueless 9 year old would use. "Mommy, mommy, look, it's those giant black and white colored dolphin thingies!"

Further proof that Toodles has never stepped foot in the Pacific time zone. Or even watched the Discovery Channel...
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Common names for plants and animals can be confusing. One of the main reasons why biologists use Linnaeus's Latin naming system. For example, sea horses. And to top it off there is actually a gill breathing fish called a dolphin. Even JSC knows a crawdad is a crayfish, which is not really a fish at all. And don't even get into a strawberry not really being a berry.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

Mikey wrote:BJ's Brewpub
Applebee's
Olive Garden
Outback
Chipotle
Ruby Tuesday
TGI Friday's
Macaroni Grill
Starbuck's
Panera Bread

Will all become your friends.

Hope you make it back alive.
This list is a nightmare!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wolfman wrote:plants and animals
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: But have you ever heard someone refer to them as "giant black and white colored dolphins"? That's vernacular some clueless 9 year old would use. "Mommy, mommy, look, it's those giant black and white colored dolphin thingies!"

Further proof that Toodles has never stepped foot in the Pacific time zone. Or even watched the Discovery Channel...
Why are you so obsessed with 9yo kids?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Killer whales (Orcinus Orca) got their name from whalers. Since these mammals were much larger than what the whalers saw of dolphins they thought of it as a whale. Scientists now consider them part of the dolphin family, and actually at least two different species; transients (who are the ones who eat whales, dolphins, and seals) and residents (the ones around here who eat salmon exclusively). I'm not sure how killer whales outside of the US fall under these classifications.

Additionally, it wouldn't be very clear to refer to them as the black & white dolphin. The pacific white sided dolphin would match that description:

Once again toolio shows he doesn't know anything other than what he can c&p off the net, and he can't even get that right.
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

We all agree that this was toolio attempting to look smart, which he failed at, per usualm, but it is technically a dolphin.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

So to summarize:
Dims calls a dolphin a whale and M2 corrects him and mgokiddydiddler and DiS decide that is a good reason to pile on M2.
Good job idiots.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

yeah, that's pretty much it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Moving Sale wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: But have you ever heard someone refer to them as "giant black and white colored dolphins"? That's vernacular some clueless 9 year old would use. "Mommy, mommy, look, it's those giant black and white colored dolphin thingies!"

Why are you so obsessed with 9yo kids?
It's a real wonder you can't get laid without hiring a hooker. You seem like a great dude.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Diego wrote:Orcinus
Was run.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

This thread didn't go well for most involved.

Pssst.... don't EVER question ...

the truth

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I hate it when I have to come in here and defend stoolio.

I have seen killer whales referred to as a type of dolphin.
But have you ever heard someone refer to them as "giant black and white colored dolphins"? That's vernacular some clueless 9 year old would use. "Mommy, mommy, look, it's those giant black and white colored dolphin thingies!"

One shot...

... and the truth sends "pear boy" (Mr. Magoo) to the canvas in blabbering disarray.

Too Funny
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The fact that orcas belong to the dolphin family is irrelevant. It was your child-like description of them I found amusing.

Keep practicing on one of these, Toodles.

Once you've mastered "dog" and "cow," you might be ready to move on to marine life.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Roach wrote:
The State wrote:Seriously, I'm surrounded by idiots.
What you see as idiots are really just mirrors.

~the truth~

Too funny.
Go Bucs, Gators
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

People here in Texas have always referred to orcas as killer whales. Up in Anacortes and the San Juan Isalands, they refer to them as orcas. I have not heard one local on Fidalgo Island refer to them as a killer whale.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The fact that orcas belong to the dolphin family is irrelevant. It was your child-like description of them I found amusing.

Keep practicing on one of these, Toodles.

Once you've mastered "dog" and "cow," you might be ready to move on to marine life.

Mr. Magoo... you're not a bright guy... and that's fine. The United States diffidently needs its simpletons to keep the machine moving.

However, you're simply not bright enough to read a post and decipher creative writing when "figurative language and literal language" is being used.

When actually taking the time to write something on this shit (bored) see what I did ? Good. It'll make my point for those that are a bit slow.

You need to add some twists to the story to make it worth a continued read... and make someone that is reading it... say "hmmmmm"? You know, like adding "bait/chum"(see what I did there) to the context which will bring out those that have the ability to think "critically" and question what is being written in any certain piece.

It would be rather lazy and boring of me (as a writer)... to call said mammal that patrols the outer banks of the San Juan Islands... as just "Killer Whales"... which they are known by on the Pacific Coast of California.

Thus, having dimsdale... take the "bait/chum" and run with it. Actually, it was more for my entertainment knowing that someone that was slightly bright would catch my use of "dolphins" in reference to Killer Whales... and debate it.

It's a way of knowing that what you are writing is being read... and not just scanned over like 99% of the shit that is posted here.

You on the other hand... have the inability to think "critically" and see all language as "literal" when trying to understand a post and decipher its context... when it's rather apparent to those that have a simple high school education.

In conclusion,

You're not a bright guy, and that's cool... just know that most of your peers can see what has been written and refuse to challenge it (those with half a brain) academically, and you just happen to fall into the shallow end of the pool(gene) and that's cool with me as well.

Carry on... Mr. Magoo

the truth
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Diffidently. Most diffidently.

TOO FUNNY!
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Diffidently. Most diffidently.

TOO FUNNY!

It's good to see you're paying attention.

All you have to do now is address the post... think you can do it ?

That was a "challenging" post I wrote... and once again... you have nothing.

Too Funny
Last edited by The State on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.