Pho Sate

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Pho Sate

Post by smackaholic »

Any of you slappies a fan of this stuff? Whenever I go to MHT for work I stop at my favorite Pho joint, Pho Dalat. In addition to the smoking asian waitress bartender chicks, they have pretty good chow. I used to go with my usual standby, chicken pho, but recently I was in there and the dude next to me had a bowl of what looked like pho, but thicker. I asked what it was and he said Pho Sate. I have seen it spelled Satay as well, but on this joint's menu, it is Sate.

Anyhoo, this may be my favorite new gook grub. The way the peanuts thicken it up and the ridiculous amount of asian peppers in it make an awesome combo. I looked up a few recipes on the interwebs and it looks surprisingly easy to make as well as very healthy. I am sure you left coasters have had this stuff. Have any of you ever made it yourself? How did it come out? Is it worth the effort, or should I just stop in and get the giant bucket for 12 bucks?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Pho Sate

Post by Carson »

Sate/Satay is pretty common over here, and smoking hot is apparently a job requirement for service.

I usually cook it marinated in the oven and add the peanut sauce when done.

It's available at both Asian and Middle Eastern joints.