Can you saute with frozen veggies?

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Can you saute with frozen veggies?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm looking to reduce the per meal price of my saute dinners I've been making in my wok. Can I saute frozen veggies out of the bag and still have them turn out good? I thought that you wanted your veggies to be dry and fresh, but I have seen a few stories on the interwebs about how you can do saute with frozen veggies, but they all have different methods of putting these together.

I can imagine if you did have to thaw them, you could just throw the veggies in the fridge overnight and dry them before you cook them, or you could run them under cold water before drying them first.

Any thoughts?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Re: Can you saute with frozen veggies?

Post by Ken »

Sure... why not? Run the frozen veggies under warm water to thaw and then use.
Of course, you're sacrificing quality a bit by using frozen veggies.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Never tried it. Only frozen veggies I use are peas or corn and I just steam or heat up in water.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Didn't you get the memo? Happy days are here again. No need to suffer through frozen stir fry. I really doubt you will see much of a difference at all in price, especially if you shop around and use what is on sale that week.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I've had better luck in the oven with frozen veggies. Usually when I sautéed in the past, the frozen shit ends up shrivled up like Michael Sam's cock at a Girls Gone Wild event