shrimp and artichoke soup

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Re: shrimp and artichoke soup

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:roasted garlic paste
Some of the best shit in the world right there. I make a spread with that, EVOO, parm-reg and kosher salt. It makes the best garlic bread you'll ever have.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Looks really good. I may try it once I get out of my current f'd up job. Seems like a restaurant sized recipe though so I may have to cut it down.
Wonder if it freezes OK.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Some of the best shit in the world right there. I make a spread with that, EVOO, parm-reg and kosher salt. It makes the best garlic bread you'll ever have.
Never heard of that product. Can you find it in the stores?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
I can't believe you have never roasted garlic. I've never bought it or looked for it. It's very simple and you can do it well in advance.

375 oven
Take a head of garlic and cut the top off top to expose the cloves. Drizzle with evoo, wrap in foil and in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Let em cool and then just squeeze them into a dish like toothpaste and mash a bit with a spoon to even out the consistency. You can use it in all kinds of things. Soups, stews, sauces, mashed potatoes or condiments etc.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
I can't believe you have never roasted garlic. I've never bought it or looked for it. It's very simple and you can do it well in advance.

375 oven
Take a head of garlic and cut the top off top to expose the cloves. Drizzle with evoo, wrap in foil and in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Let em cool and then just squeeze them into a dish like toothpaste and mash a bit with a spoon to even out the consistency. You can use it in all kinds of things. Soups, stews, sauces, mashed potatoes or condiments etc.
Heard of doing that but never actually tried it. I may just do it tonight as I roast a boneless leg of lamb and some red potatoes on the grill. I've got plenty of garlic on hand. I'm going to be putting some beets in the oven and will throw some garlic heads in with them.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
If you aren't skimping on the cheese, can't see why you need more salt. I also add parsley to the same set of ingredients, just because I can.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Right next to the canned bacon.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Roast some garlic (as described previously).

Melt a bunch of butter.

Use a hand-blender to mix it all up.

Then go on to earn your degree in rocket science.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote:
If you aren't skimping on the cheese, can't see why you need more salt. I also add parsley to the same set of ingredients, just because I can.
Yes, it needs salt. Even with cheese. I probably use more garlic and less cheese than you, though. Parsley will definitely be going into my next batch.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roughly 1 stick butter, 5-6 cloves of garlic, 3/4 cup parmesan, parsley.

If I don't have roasted garlic handy, I've used fresh garlic made into a paste. Chop it, sprinkle it with coarse salt and a little EVOO, and mash it by troweling back and forth repeatedly with a French Chef knife held almost flat. The coarse salt is just used as an abrasive to help break down the garlic, but I may try adding a bit to the above recipe to see what it does to the flavor.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

OK. That makes sense then. I use 4 heads of roasted garlic and and about a 1/4 cup or so of parm-reg and just enough evoo to smooth out the consistency.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Good God.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What's the big deal? It only makes about a 1/2 cup or so and keeps well in the fridge.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You're just talking about making the paste, then. Do you mix that with butter for garlic bread, or just smear paste on the bread?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

No, I don't use any butter in the spread. I just lightly brush the bread with evoo, toast it and then use the spread.