missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Drinks for the discerning palate AKA Mikey was bored

Post by missjo »

This is my new addiction
My other half doesn't drink much I handed him a bottle to try,
turned away for a min, turned back to him handing me the empty bottle
going that was delicious is there any more :shock:
Last edited by missjo on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
You just can't fix stupid...trust me I've tried
mvscal
Blank

Re: The Wine List

Post by mvscal »

missjo wrote:Image
This is my new addiction
You ought to try it mixed with a pale ale or IPA. Very quaffable when it gets hot.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
missjo wrote:Image
This is my new addiction
You ought to try it mixed with a pale ale or IPA. Very quaffable when it gets hot.
How did I miss this? You mix fruit with beer? Do you put a little umbrella in the glass, Nancy?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
How did I miss this? You mix fruit with beer? Do you put a little umbrella in the glass, Nancy?
Don't know about this, but beer mixed with limeade or lemonade makes a pretty refreshing drink on a hot day. Variations of this drink are popular in most of the world.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Don't know about this, but beer mixed with limeade or lemonade makes a pretty refreshing drink on a hot day. Variations of this drink are popular in most of the world.
I know a number of ladies who agree with you on this.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Beer mixed with lemonade or as you Americans call it 7up, is known as a Shandy here & it is deelicious!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

missjo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Beer mixed with lemonade or as you Americans call it 7up, is known as a Shandy here & it is deelicious!
See, Mikey? I rest my case.

Lemonade is not 7up, BTW.

missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

what we call lemonade in Oz & the UK you call 7up in America
We call your lemonade, lemon cordial
missjo
I'm a Fucking Princess

Post by missjo »

This is my new favourite tipple for the coming summer

Discovered it in the UK last year & it's finally available here YAY!!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

missjo wrote:what we call lemonade in Oz & the UK you call 7up in America
We call your lemonade, lemon cordial

7up is a lemon-lime flavored soft drink, so you should call it lemonlime-ade, or maybe limonade. But 7up is a brand name. Sprite tastes pretty similar. Lemon cordial? You all are weird.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

missjo wrote:Beer mixed with lemonade or as you Americans call it 7up, is known as a Shandy here & it is deelicious!
Wrong. 7Up is a beverage sparingly used to flavor a perfectly good rocks glass full of Canadian whiskey, hence the name "7 and 7."

Who in Sam-hill would mix 7Up with beer? Not in this country...

A shandy, on the other hand, is indeed "lemonade" mixed with beer. This gaylord drink is proudly brewed in Goobs's (red)neck of the woods, and is enjoyed by chicks (and Mikey) all over the country:

I tend to agree with Goobs, btw...
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Truman wrote:...Canadian whiskey...

God bless you, sir.

In the Canadian Maritimes, a shandy is traditionally made with a beer/ginger ale mix. My own take on it is to use Jamaican grapefruit soda.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote: You mix fruit with beer?
Occasionally, yes. Why not? It's refreshing on a hot day and you can pound them fast.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Occasionally, yes. Why not? It's refreshing on a hot day and you can pound them fast.

Exactly. I first tried lemonade and beer about 20 years ago while sailing around the BVI. It was hot and humid, the drink is quite refreshing, and you could pound a lot of them without getting dehydrated. It's not something that I drink very often but it's great on a really hot day if you're doing someting active outside.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

mvscal wrote:
Hmmm, seems a lot of purists here once espoused that a fruit-infused beer was for the limpest of wrists. How times change.

When you're adjusting your doily mvscal, please make sure to lift your pinkie finger skyward. Let's all the poofters know you're "down" with them.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Hmmm, seems a lot of purists here once espoused that a fruit-infused beer was for the limpest of wrists. How times change.

When you're adjusting your doily mvscal, please make sure to lift your pinkie finger skyward. Let's all the poofters know you're "down" with them.
Exactly.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Hmmm, seems a lot of purists here once espoused that a fruit-infused beer was for the limpest of wrists.
Purists of what...exactly? Certainly not beer or alcoholic beverages in general.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Exactly. I first tried lemonade and beer about 20 years ago while sailing around the BVI. It was hot and humid, the drink is quite refreshing, and you could pound a lot of them without getting dehydrated. It's not something that I drink very often but it's great on a really hot day if you're doing someting active outside.
The Germans call it Radler and enjoy it during the summer, but what would they know about beer purity?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

So Germany has poofters, too.

Mikey

Re: Drinks for Poofters

Post by Mikey »

Really...this didn't belong in the wine list.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Right. Because the wine list thread was getting such heavy traffic. Did Screwball teach you how to mod?

Because I know you and Screwy are the two biggest bitches on the interwebs...

Stop editing your own posts, dammit.
Last edited by Goober McTuber on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Actually I had a really cool new post all ready to submit to the wine list when our broadband went out. Pictures and stuff. Relegated to the iPhone now so it will have to wait.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Re: Drinks for the discerning palate AKA Mikey was bored

Post by Dr_Phibes »

The Spanish do a 'wine of summer' that's the same thing, drink it by the gallon, then stand up, oh no.
Get the cheapest red plonk you can find and mix it with lemon/lime pop. Getting the pop right is crucial and Canada Dry doesn't make Lime Ricky anymore. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, help appreciated. 7-up, Sprite, don't cut it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

It's called sangria and they add chopped fruit to the wine.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

mvscal wrote:Purists of what...exactly? Certainly not beer or alcoholic beverages in general.
Okay mvscal, a "straight" answer to your question. A couple of years back, there was one of those typical 'favorite beer' threads, and I included a mention of a seasonal pumpkin flavored beer as something I hadn't tried before and actually liked. Instantly, a number of beer-snobs (if there is such a thing) rambled out of the suds-hall, arms flailing and foam spraying from their mouths like a bunch of rabid lush-puppies, decrying the effeminate infusion of fruit into beer.

More than a little over-the-top, as reactions go. It's freaking beer.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: A couple of years back, there was one of those typical 'favorite beer' threads, and I included a mention of a seasonal pumpkin flavored beer as something I hadn't tried before and actually liked. Instantly, a number of beer-snobs (if there is such a thing) rambled out of the suds-hall, arms flailing and foam spraying from their mouths like a bunch of rabid lush-puppies, decrying the effeminate infusion of fruit into beer.

I would have to agree. I enjoy a pumpkin spiced Märzen from time to time in the fall. If your masculinity is so deeply invested in the fruit/spice free nature of your malted beverage, you probably have a lot of other issues going on.

Beer was never meant to be some sort of rigidly codified beverage. Experimentation and a wide variety of spices and adjuncts have been part of brewing tradition from the get go.

Oh, if you like pumpkin spiced beer you might be interested in this:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36659
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

mvscal wrote:It's called sangria and they add chopped fruit to the wine.
Not quite, Fanta's it, deadly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinto_de_verano
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Jay in Phoenix wrote: A couple of years back, there was one of those typical 'favorite beer' threads, and I included a mention of a seasonal pumpkin flavored beer as something I hadn't tried before and actually liked. Instantly, a number of beer-snobs (if there is such a thing) rambled out of the suds-hall, arms flailing and foam spraying from their mouths like a bunch of rabid lush-puppies, decrying the effeminate infusion of fruit into beer.

I would have to agree. I enjoy a pumpkin spiced Märzen from time to time in the fall. If your masculinity is so deeply invested in the fruit/spice free nature of your malted beverage, you probably have a lot of other issues going on.

Beer was never meant to be some sort of rigidly codified beverage. Experimentation and a wide variety of spices and adjuncts have been part of brewing tradition from the get go.
This from the moron who claimed Belgian IPAs aren't a legitimate beer.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:A couple of years back, there was one of those typical 'favorite beer' threads, and I included a mention of a seasonal pumpkin flavored beer as something I hadn't tried before and actually liked. Instantly, a number of beer-snobs (if there is such a thing) rambled out of the suds-hall, arms flailing and foam spraying from their mouths like a bunch of rabid lush-puppies, decrying the effeminate infusion of fruit into beer.

And I stand by it.

mvscal wrote:If your masculinity is so deeply invested in the fruit/spice free nature of your malted beverage, you probably have a lot of other issues going on.

So?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:This from the moron who claimed Belgian IPAs aren't a legitimate beer.
Not all experiments work and it should be noted that actual Belgians find Belgian IPAs revolting as does anyone else with a functioning palate.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:This from the moron who claimed Belgian IPAs aren't a legitimate beer.
Not all experiments work and it should be noted that actual Belgians find Belgian IPAs revolting as does anyone else with a functioning palate.
And yet Belgians are actually brewing Belgian IPAs. Ponderous.

Your palate might be the only thing functioning above your shoulders.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote:
And yet Belgians are actually brewing Belgian IPAs.
...for sale in the United States. If you would like to eat shit, I'd be happy to sell you some. How much do you want?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Stone makes a "Cali-Belgique" IPA, which I've tried a few times and enjoyed it. At little lighter than their other two IPAs, which are both amazing hops bombs.

It rates a very respectable 90 on Beer Advocate. But that's just everybody else's opinion.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
mvscal wrote:Not all experiments work and it should be noted that actual Belgians find Belgian IPAs revolting as does anyone else with a functioning palate.
And yet Belgians are actually brewing Belgian IPAs.
...for sale in the United States. If you would like to eat shit, I'd be happy to sell you some. How much do you want?
I don't care for the stuff, but it turns out to be quite popular. When I get a chance, I'll look for the link that indicated that one of Belgium's oldest brewers was making a Belgian IPA. But your point when this originally came up was that the Begian yeasts would get lost in the prominent hops profile. Quite the opposite is true. The Belgian IPAs I have tried had a noticeable hops nose, but once you taste the beer the hops become buried by the flavor of the Belgian yeasts. But continue to ramble on about things you haven't even tried. It's always been your M.O.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:I don't care for the stuff, but it turns out to be quite popular.
So is Walmart and McDonalds.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yet actual Belgians are brewing and drinking the stuff. I doubt that you've even tried one. Maybe if you mashed up a cumquat and mixed it in there, you might like it.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote: Maybe if you mashed up a cumshot and mixed it in there, you might like it.
FTFY
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:and drinking the stuff.
Uh no, they aren't.
This style isn't very popular in Belgium, but more and more Belgian brewers are making IPAs for American drinkers, where the style is extremely popular.

http://voices.yahoo.com/food-drink-guid ... tml?cat=22
I appreciate that there are people out there experimenting with new combinations of ingredients and styles but it doesn't always work and Belgian IPAs are an abortion.

I've tried them before and they are absolutely disgusting. I like Belgian beers and I can get with an IPA occasionally, but Belgian IPA is a Frankenstein mash up that doesn't work on any level. It's strictly a product for the 'MORE AND BIGGER' rubes who pounce on every fad and don't have a single functioning taste bud in their head.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:and drinking the stuff.
Uh no, they aren't.
This style isn't very popular in Belgium, but more and more Belgian brewers are making IPAs for American drinkers, where the style is extremely popular.

http://voices.yahoo.com/food-drink-guid ... tml?cat=22
I appreciate that there are people out there experimenting with new combinations of ingredients and styles but it doesn't always work and Belgian IPAs are an abortion.

I've tried them before and they are absolutely disgusting. I like Belgian beers and I can get with an IPA occasionally, but Belgian IPA is a Frankenstein mash up that doesn't work on any level. It's strictly a product for the 'MORE AND BIGGER' rubes who pounce on every fad and don't have a single functioning taste bud in their head.
I'll get back to when/if your yahoo link ever opens up.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Anybody around here jumping on the Westvleteren wagon?

http://121212xii.wordpress.com/

I was in Brea this morning, and one of the distribution locations is there. If I had known about this release before now I might have stopped by Total Wine and scored one of the six packs just to see what all the commotion is about.

Or not.
The Holy Grail of Ales is Here: Westvleteren XII Comes to L.A.
L.A. beer geeks rejoice: the holy grail of ale is on its way. Revered by many as the best beer in the world, the highly sought-after Westvleteren XII lands in SoCal tomorrow, albeit in very limited amounts.

“Westy 12,” as its colloquially known, has been famously difficult to acquire, both because it was until recently only available at the Trappist brewery in Belgium, and because of the aura that’s subsequently grown around it. Those who were lucky enough to somehow score a bottle—be it through generous friends, eBay opportunists, or via trade on popular beer sites like BeerAdvocate—would usually break it open at a special occasion, splitting it between as many attendees as possible which usually meant you could expect a pour of just an ounce or two, a tease, really, that left you wanting more. (Ask me how I know.)

Thankfully, specialty beer importer Shelton Bros. has worked with Brouwerij Westvleteren to periodically release small amounts of it to thirsty Americans. Gift packs (aka “bricks”) containing six 11.2 fl oz. bottles and two handsome Westvleteren goblets will retail for around $85, and can be found at the following locations, though I’d recommend you call first to verify availability.
http://www.lamag.com/digest-blog/2012/1 ... omes-to-la