Wouldn't it be odd if....

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Wouldn't it be odd if....

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm surprised you actually pay attention to the NBA.

I saw Draymond Green kicked some dude in the nuts. He got suspended, right?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm surprised you actually pay attention to the NBA.

I saw Draymond Green kicked some dude in the nuts. He got suspended, right?

It looks like GS is toast. Never would have figured it. Damn if OKC isn't peaking at the right time. They are unfuckingreal at present time.
Not toast quite yet. Looks like OKC might have peaked about a week too soon.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I'll watch parts of it if there's no hockey on.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm a huge NBA fan, and I don't GARA who wins.

The Warriors are a pretty smug bunch, though. So, Cleveland, I guess.

Last night, last years Finals MVP came up -- Iggy. They gave it to him, presumably, because of his "defense" of Lebron. Funny thing, that... since Lebron, for the series, went something like 36/13/9... for the series.

The lesson here is that any one of us here could be a Finals MVP. Just have to give up a 50% increase in a star's regular season stats.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

They should've just given the trophy to Golden State after beating OKC in 7. Those were clearly the two best teams. In fact, continuing the playoffs after the conclusion of the Western Conference Finals is pure formality most years.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Warriors are a pretty smug bunch, though. So, Cleveland, I guess.
Pretty fucking ironic coming from Duckfan.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Last night, last years Finals MVP came up -- Iggy. They gave it to him, presumably, because of his "defense" of Lebron. Funny thing, that... since Lebron, for the series, went something like 36/13/9... for the series.
Well, Lebron was jacking up 33 shots per game in last year's finals. But making less than 40%.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:I'll watch parts of it if there's no hockey on.

This might be the smartest thing you've posted in your entire T1B career. Props, I guess.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Gawd, what a boring as shit finals. Could we please have a game that's competitive?

Makes me long for the Lakers-Celts, Blazers-Sixers, anybody.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I've watched about 5 minutes of the finals. Just enough in each game to know it was already a blowout. Fuck that shit.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:I've watched about 5 minutes of the finals. Just enough in each game to know it was already a blowout. Fuck that shit.
Except Friday wasn't a blowout.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

What's with these NBA guys hitting each other in the nuts?

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

More like, what's with Draymond Green?

Any time another player's junk is exposed, he has a rather creepy urge to reach for it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I believe Mo Speights summed it up best:
"It’s messed to suspend a man over nothing. If somebody put they’ balls on your head, what are you supposed to do? Balls are on the back of his head. It’s kind of messed up man, but hey."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I believe Mo Speights summed it up best:
"It’s messed to suspend a man over nothing. If somebody put they’ balls on your head, what are you supposed to do? Balls are on the back of his head. It’s kind of messed up man, but hey."
It was an obvious teabagging.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:More like, what's with Draymond Green?

Any time another player's junk is exposed, he has a rather creepy urge to reach for it.
I thought I saw another player smack Iguodala in the nuts running down the court earlier in the playoffs.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sudden Sam wrote:Gawd, what a boring as shit finals. Could we please have a game that's competitive?

Makes me long for the Lakers-Celts, Blazers-Sixers, anybody.

I don't GARA anyway. Never mind.
Who doesn't?

Partly because of the awesome rivalry and partly because it was just so damn funny to see a bunch of slow white dudes pwn the NBA. Doubt we'll ever see anything like it again.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

WTF were some of those shots the Warriors were taking? Why did the Cavs fall asleep at the end of the 3rd quarter? What woke them up again? Hooorible.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I was thinking about past Laker and Celtic and Piston teams and how they would absolutely DRILL either of these two fucked up teams.
This is nothing more than "everything was better in my day" old man romanticism. Both the Cavs and Warriors would run those teams out of the gym. You don't have to like the style of today's game, but the skill, athleticism, conditioning, etc., of today's players is just on another level.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
This is nothing more than "everything was better in my day" old man romanticism. Both the Cavs and Warriors would run those teams out of the gym. You don't have to like the style of today's game, but the skill, athleticism, conditioning, etc., of today's players is just on another level.
I might prefer college basketball, but I can give these pros this: they can sink buckets from just about anywhere on the court. Even a douchebag like LeBron.

Though I chalk up his total domination in Game 6 to the Warriors not trying, he was pretty fucking amazing. But fuck him, in the end.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:I might prefer college basketball, but I can give these pros this: they can sink buckets from just about anywhere on the court. Even a douchebag like LeBron.
I will always prefer college basketball, but it's just a flawed product right now with the way the game is officiated. It's a non stop free throw shooting contest with all the whistles and touch fouls. I wish college would adopt the NBA's officiating model which is to err on the side of "let 'em play." The games have better flow and more physicality.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Did you watch game 6? Horrible game. None of these games has even been worth watching.
I wish the games were closer in the 4th quarter too, but all these dominant victories isn't evidence that teams from 30 years ago would beat the Cavs or the Warriors. Both teams have played phenomenal basketball, they're just not doing it at the same time, unfortunately for the sake of the viewers who want to be entertained. So the result is a bunch of lopsided games, but a competitive overall series.

In case you've forgotten, go to You Tube and pull up some videos of games from the 80s. Sure, the Celtics and Lakers had a lot of "star power" but get away from the names on the jerseys and just WATCH the players on the floor. They were slow, stiff, and mechanical as hell. Comparatively speaking. I don't care how "tough" those guys were, they simply would not have had the athleticism to check today's players for 4 quarters. They wouldn't know what to do if they had to pull their center out of the paint to guard a stretch 5. Golden State, Cleveland, or even OKC, would run a train on any of those teams.
The Warriors are occasionally great, but not consistently.
They're defending champs, they set the regular season win record in a loaded Western Conference, and are one win away from repeating as champs. It's tough to get much more consistently great than that.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

If they used the officials from 30 years ago, the olden days team would have won. Todays teams would have turned the ball over every trip down the floor for palming, travelling, charging, etc.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

What goobs said.

As a kid on the playground, we'd call each other for carrying if they tried the crossover bullshit they get away with in the NBA today.

As for blowing out those old timers, I have already said the mid-80s celts were ridiculously slow white boys, but the rest of the league wasn't and they still got a few rings. Not sure if those old slow white folks could have stopped today's freak athletes, but they did have to get past Jordan and a few others that might laugh at your claim that they weren't athletes then. Go back and look at their passing. Check out herman munster working in the paint. They didn't look pretty, but they got the job done.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Andrew Bogut might've made the difference last night. In his absence, Ezeli and Varejao combined for 1 point, 1 rebound, and 0 blocks. That ain't gonna get it done at the 5 spot. They had no rim protection or paint presence. Curry never really got right after his injury, Harrison Barnes is worthless, and Klay Thompson was a no-show last night. Draymond Green was the only Warrior to show up. And they still almost won. Golden State will be back, but they do have to make a move or two in the offseason.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:If they used the officials from 30 years ago, the olden days team would have won. Todays teams would have turned the ball over every trip down the floor for palming, travelling, charging, etc.
The older a man gets, the faster he ran as a boy.

HELLO?!?

Hey, remember when Michael Jordan got laughed out of the '84 Olympics for traveling every single time he touched the ball?

Apparently not.

Yet the same moves flew in the NBA immediately after.