The NBA Playoffs... 2015

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

The State
Ren Fairy

The NBA Playoffs... 2015

Post by The State »

The 1st games in round one... were simply amazing.

So far, the NBA playoffs... are putting "March Madness" to shame.

Got a wild one in "Roaracle"... in game 2.

71-71... going into the 4th.

The "Big Easy"... is giving "Baghdad" all they can handle on the road.

The "Unibrow" is a freak.

There simply isn't a sport that can come close to the NBA this year.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: The NBA Playoffs... 2015

Post by Goober McTuber »

The NBA is unwatchable.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Goober McTuber wrote:The NBA is unwatchable.

How do you figure?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The game is horribly officiated. Refs don't properly call charging, blocking, travelling or palming. Officiating heavily favors star players. Other than that, yeah, it's must see TV. :meds:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

And those are things you see when you watch?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It's pretty hard to miss.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

You seem to have an odd definition of unwatchable.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not really. I like watching good basketball. That would generally not include the NBA.

Joe Scrub is standing stock still in the lane. Blake Griffith comes flying along, dunking the ball while planting his junk in Joe's face. Obvious charging call. Nope. That's blocking, and it's an ESPN highlight.

And you have the gall to dis hockey.

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Goober McTuber wrote: And you have the gall to dis hockey.
Not really. Like you and the NBA, I find hockey to be unwatchable.

Unlike you, when I find something unwatchable, I actually don't watch.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I've been to a pair of Bullets games the past few years. I went to one in January and had a surprisingly good time. The basketball was pretty good. I was impressed with the athleticism of the players and how they *actually* finish near rim, unlike GW, the team I normally watch. I was also impressed with how Bullets management toned down the volume compared to the previous game I attended the year before. Where the music and PA was so incredibly loud, contrived and in your face, this year was much more professional, while still energetic and exciting.

But that's about it. NBA basketball, on the other hand, is just a more socially acceptable version of pro wrestling. It's completely rigged, rewarding lazy superstars and those who don't play defense or share the ball. Unfortunately major D-1 bball is heading in the same direction, but at least for now, it's still somewhat of an honest competitive venture.

The NHL may be unwatchable to jerkoffs like R-Jerk, but at least it's not rigged. Takes a little more than half a brain to understand the nuances of hockey. R-Jerk should stick to cutting spousal support and child support checks.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screwey still sucks random cocks, but I'll always RACK any reference to the Bullets.

Me and mine still call them that.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Dude, Hockey wasn't a thing in the Bay Area till I was 16 or so when the Sharks came around. I checked it out. It didn't pique my interest. I don't pretend to be fond of it. If it was around when I was younger or if I lived in an area where the ability to play was easily accessible, it may be a different story. But it is what it is and to me it carries enough appeal as UFC or Real Housewives of Wisconsin or wherever the fuck.

One thing I don't feel the need to do is go into the NHL forums to profess it as unwatchable while watching games and breaking down film to find reasons to support my theory of it being unwatchable like Selfer McAsskick feels compelled to do.

Screw_Michigan wrote:R-Jerk should stick to cutting spousal support and child support checks.
Since neither of things exist in my world, I'll get right on it when you do a load of laundry at home.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: And you have the gall to dis hockey.
Not really. Like you and the NBA, I find hockey to be unwatchable.

Unlike you, when I find something unwatchable, I actually don't watch.
I stopped watching it some time ago. Not sure why you'd assume I still watch it.

You're missing some outstanding playoff hockey this year.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:One thing I don't feel the need to do is go into the NHL forums to profess it as unwatchable while watching games and breaking down film to find reasons to support my theory of it being unwatchable like Selfer McAsskick feels compelled to do.

I don't go into any specific forums. I pull up New Posts and read and respond to whatever I choose. If some ladies feelings are bruised, so be it.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

R-Jack wrote:
Since neither of things exist in my world, I'll get right on it when you do a load of laundry at home.
I do laundry at home. Where else would I do it?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Hell of a series... though the Warriors swept "The Big Easy", it was a much better Pelican team with their players that were injured for most of the season... playing in the playoffs.

Shit, Cal's own "Ryan Anderson" almost single-handedly stole game 3... coming off injury and shooting close to 80% from the field and scoring close to 30 points in the game. Thank god, the Pelicans forgot he was on the team during the last 6 minutes of the game (where they didn't pass it to him once and never got a touch) to end the game.

If the 8th seed Pelicans were in the Eastern Conference (with this healthy line-up) they would end up in the NBA finals... and it wouldn't be close.

I see "The Brow" being the 2nd best player in the NBA for many years to come.

1 and 2

As far as the Leastern Conference (which only has 5 teams in the playoffs that are above .500)

If Deron Williams can play an average game (15 and 7) then Brooklyn will win in 6. The Pigeons are frauds.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Got a wild one... going down at "The Alamo"... just blocks from the Riverwalk.

81-76 "The Clip Show" going into the 4th quarter... after getting blown out by "Old Man" Timmy and the Spurs in the last game.

Without question... the best series in the NBA playoffs, so far.

Unreal
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Where Sam & I are from - only girls ice skate. I don't ever comment on it (because opinions are like assholes), but hockey is just fucking awful. I even saw Gretzky play when I was in Canada. Still hated it. Soccer on ice.
Unquestionably the toughest professional championship to win. And a much faster game than soccer.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Rockets' 2nd and 3rd quarter performance in game 4 was about the worst fundamental basketball I've ever seen in my life. If they do that again in game 5, we have a series on our hand.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:The game is horribly officiated. Refs don't properly call charging, blocking, travelling or palming. Officiating heavily favors star players. Other than that, yeah, it's must see TV. :meds:
Totally disagree. College needs to adopt NBA style officiating asap. Defenders are actually allowed the freedom to... defend. Novel concept. There's an actual flow to the games as well, unlike college which is a non-stop whistle fest. Every tiny little bump, push, and hand check doesn't need to be called. It's basically a 40 minute free throw shooting contest. I have no idea how that excites people. I will always like college basketball more than the NBA, but it's a very flawed product in many ways. At least they announced today they will be moving the shot clock down to 30 seconds, which is a step in the right direction.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The game is horribly officiated. Refs don't properly call charging, blocking, travelling or palming. Officiating heavily favors star players. Other than that, yeah, it's must see TV. :meds:
Totally disagree. College needs to adopt NBA style officiating asap.
Then they'll both be unwatchable. NBA is fast approaching streetball. The refs don't enforce the rules with any semblance of consistency. If they did, the players would adapt and the game would still have a nice flow, and a rudimentary resemblance to basketball.

If you want to know who's going to win it all, just ask the refs. They already know.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Last night, I (and some friends) guaranteed a Blazer victory last night. With all the one-sided first round series, the NBA NEEDS more game 5 and 6's.

San Antonio is going to work the Warriors like a rented mule.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Goober McTuber wrote:Then they'll both be unwatchable. NBA is fast approaching streetball. The refs don't enforce the rules with any semblance of consistency. If they did, the players would adapt and the game would still have a nice flow, and a rudimentary resemblance to basketball.

If you want to know who's going to win it all, just ask the refs. They already know.
Basketball is arguably the most difficult sport to officiate, which I think is mainly due to the excessive amount of rules combined with trying to accurately enforce those rules in what is a very fast paced game. If our options are games being being overly officiated (college) and games where they let 'em play (NBA) I'll choose let 'em play every single time. Obviously, somewhere in the middle would be ideal.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Actually, watching playoff hockey is ideal. :mrgreen:

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Go Coogs' wrote:Rockets' 2nd and 3rd quarter performance in game 4 was about the worst fundamental basketball I've ever seen in my life. If they do that again in game 5, we have a series on our hand.

The "Bayou" City... seems to have this one wrapped up with 3 minutes to go.

Nowitzki should retire... dude looks like father time... out there.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Dinsdale wrote:San Antonio is going to work the Warriors like a rented mule.

If they don't get smoked by "The Clip Show"... there is that.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

The State wrote: The "Bayou" City... seems to have this one wrapped up with 3 minutes to go.

Nowitzki should retire... dude looks like father time... out there.
Yeah, well, they have a lot to clean up if they don't want to get embarrassed in the second round. Trevor Ariza's effort is there, but his 3 point shot has to be on if the Rockets have any shot at taking the Spurs or Clips deep. They also have to limit the second chance opportunities. They have some work to do.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

How bad is RIP city ?

Well, as the 4 seed... they're getting their ASS_KICKED by a 5 seed... with its only claim to fame (being the home of a drug addict that stole all his music from black people).

The only thing keeping this "White Trash" team from Vancouver, Washington afloat... is a baller from the San Francisco Bay Area.

Hell, the only reason they're in the playoffs... is because they have two players... on the team... with San Francisco roots.

Vancouver... could go down as one the most embarrassing 1st round departures in NBA history.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Starting 2 -- out for season

Replacement 2 -- severely injured for playoffs, very few minutes, and ineffective

Back up 3 -- out

Back up 1 --beat to hell

Back up 2 -- didn't have one

Back up 5 -- beat to hell, missed games

Series went just about exactly as expected.

Without Conley, the Jizz don't have a prayer. Once he went down, Lillard went to town. I fully expect Son of a Gun to do the same, but worse.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Dinsdale wrote:Starting 2 -- out for season

Replacement 2 -- severely injured for playoffs, very few minutes, and ineffective

Back up 3 -- out

Back up 1 --beat to hell

Back up 2 -- didn't have one

Back up 5 -- beat to hell, missed games

Series went just about exactly as expected.

Without Conley, the Jizz don't have a prayer. Once he went down, Lillard went to town. I fully expect Son of a Gun to do the same, but worse.

Weak... you had "Crabbe" on the bench and you didn't use him.

Your coaching staff... needs a shake up.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

The Clip Show... and the Alamo...

unreal... game 6.

I don't think I've ever... seen two games in a row decided on "goal-tending" to end games... in my lifetime.

Game 7... should be a monster.

That being said... we've got a wild one... in Brooklyn.

The Pigeons have a 6 point lead... going into the 2nd half against "New York" proper .

Love me some basketball... at the highest levels.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Crabbe, at best, is "inconsistent."

At worst, he can't guard anyone.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Dinsdale wrote:Crabbe, at best, is "inconsistent."

At worst, he can't guard anyone.

I agree.

It's kinda hard to guard someone while you sit on the bench.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Rack game 7 of the spurs and clips... that game will go down in history as one of the best !

Unreal.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Put a little Curry on it !!!

MVP

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

The "Clip Show" and "H-Town"... hella game... in the one.

Look for the Clippers to take game one on the road... still a few minutes to go... and just a few points apart.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Wow !!!

Unreal game.

The Bullets with a last second shot by "old man" Pierce (grew up in Baghdad) after blowing a 20 point lead in the 4th.

The Pelicans, say... waz up !

Not looking good for the Pigeons after a 60 win season.

On to Memphis... Golden State and the bears @ "The Grindhouse" for game 3.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Too funny.

Warriors are playing their worst two games of the year... in a row.

It's fun watching the Warriors grip like mothers.

It's the only thing that will make them snap out of their shitty ass play.

Love me... some NBA !!!

Warriors in 6/ maybe 7.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

The Doctor... When Greatness Meets Class...

One of the best documentaries out there,

For those of us that are old enough to remember... the incredible Dr. J
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Skywalker... David Thompson...

My favorite player of all-time... as well as, Michael Jordan's

The only player I've seen... not only touch the top of the backboard... he hung on it.

And he was only 6 foot 3.

He was the best player... I've ever seen... a modern day "Earl "the goat" Manigault.