All I want for Christmas

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Dinsdale
Lord Google

All I want for Christmas

Post by Dinsdale »

Is the best record in the NBA.

I've avoided this forum so far. After adding a few bodies, both the fans and the analyst figured the Blazers should compete for the 8th seed in the playoffs, maybe even the 7th.

It's become a cliché around here, but "no one saw this coming" (although Mo Williams claims he absolutely did).

Last season, the Zers had 4.5 guys who could play at a consistent NBA level... no good (JJ Hickson gets a half, since he was inconsistent). A team needs 7 or 8 to compete, and last year, the Blazer starters dominated the "minutes played" stats. Robin Lopez was a welcome addition after rolling out a 6'8 starting center, and has exceeded even the wildest expectation, and is having a career year (at a third the cost of his non-playing twin). Mo Williams is probably the best bench player in the league to date. Dorrell Wright is his steady self. Thomas Robinson is young and raw, but has quite the motor, and is never far from any loose ball.

Had the 4 main pieces in place, just needed some help. And LMA going the fuck off every night doesn't hurt.

I've been mum about the Blazers so far, since it seemed like a dream that no one around here wants to wake up from, but over a third the way through the season, having the best record, and undefeated against the "elite" teams seems pretty legit.

Rip City, motherfuckers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one