Warriors

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

The State
Ren Fairy

Re: Warriors

Post by The State »

Yeah, the two teams I was worried about earlier in the season (Memphis and San Antonio ) don't really concern me anymore. The Warriors are playing on a whole different level than they were a month or 3 ago.

Recently, they've been playing down to the level of the competition (hence the laker game the day before) but, when they play a team that is allegedly fairly good... they take it up a notch or 5.

They had a 30 point lead on the best team in the east with just a few minutes to go in the game and Klay didn't even play in the game. Hell, they pulled Curry for pretty much the whole 2nd half.

The biggest bandwagon fans in all of sports are FATlanta fans. This is well known by just about everyone that follows sports.

Notice how "Porky" has just disappeared when he saw last nights dismemberment of his "raptors" ?

I fully expect that the east's best team... will go back to having around 23 people in the stands after what they saw last night and know what their outcome will be if they make it to the finals.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

If Klay played... and Curry played more than a half... the Warriors would have won by around 70.

The whole country is talking about how bad the Warriors made them their bitch.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

The State wrote:The pigeons wouldn't even make the playoffs if they had to play in the west.

You can't make this shit up...

Spurs romp, send Hawks to 3rd straight loss !

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400579331

Too funny...
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

The State... rolls up on RIP City... and crushes

(58-13)

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I know shitting on m2 is a tradition as long as the advent of the internet, but if there is one fan base who has no fucking right on this planet to call anyone or thing a bandwagon fan, it's the Hawks.

Sorry ATL......that card was revoked 20 years ago
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Looks like m2 has a new girlfriend.

Sincerely,

Fatspray
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Papa Willie wrote:
R-Jack wrote:I know shitting on m2 is a tradition as long as the advent of the internet, but if there is one fan base who has no fucking right on this planet to call anyone or thing a bandwagon fan, it's the Hawks.

Sorry ATL......that card was revoked 20 years ago

Went to my first game in 1972 and have suffer errrrrr been a fan ever since. Not exactly bandwagon material, but yes - there are a lot of them - certainly now...

Just go away... bandwagon.

Porky, you're a fucking mess.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

You're a fucking mess.. porky.

Won't see you in this forum for another 15 years... after the Warriors take care of business during the NBA playoffs.

Be on your way... welfare loser.

Oh yeah, why don't you bust out one of those internet "hits" of yours thats made you tens of dollars ?

Too funny.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

60-13

Put a little "Curry" on it... MVP

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

RIP CP3's ankles

....what he said.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sick...

but it's nothing new to Chris Paul when he plays the MVP.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

63-13

Warriors send the shit-pigeons into a death spiral !!!

Since ripping their hearts out...

Fatlanta... 4-5

Warriors... 10-0

Too Funny
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I know the #1 seed is locked up and the loss to the Spurs is meaningless, but that is the only team is not a cakewalk through the west for the Warriors at this point.

Those old fucks are doing what they always do. Healthy and rolling at the right time. That will be a kick ass series if they meet up.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Yeah, it's the Warriors or Spurs coming out of the West. Even if the Rockets lock up the #2 seed (which they probably won't), losing Beverly hurts tremendously. Good PG play in the post season kills the Rockets and there is just too many damn good PGs they are going to face. Getting Dallas in Round 1 is their best matchup. After that, the Grizz would be the next best thing. And that is the only way the Rockets get to the WCF and get to play the Warriors.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rockets fan is as funny as their management. Heard the idiot GM (?) on the radio the other day talking about how winning the title without Beverly was a possibility.

Uhm, might wanna think about winning a series, any series, with Beverly first?

Another team not built to win -- paying Hardin sealed that fate. I guess management doesn't follow the NBA, where the whistles become much quieter in the postseason, which pretty much turns Hardin into an average player. Matthews owned dude in the playoffs last year. Whoever guards him this year will have the same success, if they watch any film.

Then again, my Blazers could win a series, if they played wheelchair basketball. Pretty much bringing 7 guys to the postseason party this year. That ain't enough.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

What is the name of this thread... by "the truth" ???

Boom... shaka lacka... !!!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, to recap:

Trailblazers

Matthews -- out

Afflalo -- hurt, may be back in time

Batum -- haven't heard yet. Injured his knee in the last game

LA -- Banged up, been sitting out games, but will be ready to go

Kaman -- Injured back, been missing games

But at least the scrubs are healthy.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The State wrote:What is the name of this thread... I started two and a half years ago and bumped trying to troll?
0 points for effort front runner.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Dinsdale wrote:Rockets fan is as funny as their management. Heard the idiot GM (?) on the radio the other day talking about how winning the title without Beverly was a possibility.
What is he supposed to say? Morey is far from an idiot. His system actually works with 3 pointers and close baskets. Beverly was far from healthy last season and Harden was statistically the worst defender in the league. LA and Lillard were matchup nightmares for the Rockets and McHale made the big mistake of putting Parsons on Lillard for that dagger 3 to end the series.
Uhm, might wanna think about winning a series, any series, with Beverly first?
Without Beverly? It was a possibility. Without Motiejunas and Beverly? They don't stand a chance.
Another team not built to win -- paying Hardin sealed that fate. I guess management doesn't follow the NBA, where the whistles become much quieter in the postseason, which pretty much turns Hardin into an average player. Matthews owned dude in the playoffs last year. Whoever guards him this year will have the same success, if they watch any film.
Harden has improved leaps and bounds over last year. That's what young superstars do. Yes, his game is still about drawing contact and getting to the lane with his aggressiveness, but he doesn't rely as heavily on that method as he did in his first two seasons with the Rockets. His euro-step is so much better and also his dribbling and ability to hit that stepback jumper is so much better than what I saw in '13-14. He's better in every facet of his game and his PER proves it. He had marginal improvement from his first full season with the Rockets (23) to his second (23.5). This year it jumped to 26.7. Harden and McHale's biggest issue with creativity was dribbling the ball down to one second left on the shot clock and then firing an off balance 3. It cost them a lot of close games in the 4th quarter. They were able to close out a lot more games this season because they moved the ball. And they did this without the services of Howard for the better part of the season.

Again, without Beverly AND Moltiejunas they won't go far, but Brewer, Smith, Howard, and Harden can win a series against the Mavs.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

I couldn't stop laughing... when I watched San Antonio shit the bed in their last game of the year against "The Big Easy".

Went from a 2nd seed... and having home court for the first two series... if they advanced... to being the 6th seed and having to go on the road against 'The Clip Show" in slowcal.

This turned out to be a "godsend" for Canada... since they now can host a series at home against the 'Grizz" in the 1st round... as opposed to going on the road to "The Alamo" for their 1st playoff game.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sudden Sam wrote:How 'bout them Grizzlies?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rack the Warriors for giving the Grizz... hope.

By the way, SS

How's your NBA team in alabama doing this year ?

Oh yeah, if you have time for a chuckle... head over here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45872&p=898375#p898375

Just about everyone... cant stop laughing !!!
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sudden Sam wrote: We're not real big on boring as shit sports down this way.

I laughed.

"Sports"... means you have more than one.

Could you please enlighten me/us of these other "sports' you have in alabama other than college football ???

Thanks, until then... I'll just keep laughing.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sudden Sam wrote:There are plenty of places in Cali further from a major sports team than I am.

Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Saints, Pelicans, Titans, Jaguars all within a 2-3 hours at most.

Plus minor league baseball, college baseball/basketball/baseball, etc. everywhere you turn.

I laughed.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Sudden Sam wrote:There are plenty of places in Cali further from a major sports team than I am.

Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Saints, Pelicans, Titans, Jaguars all within a 2-3 hours at most.

Plus minor league baseball, college baseball/basketball/baseball, etc. everywhere you turn.
did you purposely leave out the one sport that your region truly does pwn, lock stock and barrel? good to see you did mention college baseball twice though.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The State wrote:"How does it feel" ?
I dunno, you tell me.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.