Draft

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Draft

Post by Dinsdale »

That was a pretty darn boring draft.

I know most teams were reluctant to do much moving with the impending lockout, but geez.

Blazers traded Andre Miller to Denver (ain't his first stint there) for Raymond Felton. We'll miss Dre, one of the more underrated players in the game (who in all those years and all those good teams, has never seen the second round of the playoffs), but he's about ready to collect Social Security, so getting younger at the point was an offseason goal. Only knock on the trade was tossing in a 1st round pick, which came via the Rudy Fernandez to San Antonio trade, which made it an expensive trade.

We're pretty lucky to get Nolan Smith at #21. Any time you can get a 4 year Dookie who put up fat numbers across the board (not many PGs do that at Duke), you probably made a pretty solid pick. Kenneth Ferid would have been a nice pickup as well, but the Blazers are so thin at PG these days, it was definitely the focus.

I really wasn't all that impressed with anyone's draft, with the exception of the Cadavaliers, but it's hard to go wrong when you're picking 2 of the first few. But this draft didn't seem to have that "we've GOT to get that guy" guy.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one