Call it

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Call it

Post by Dinsdale »

Tough, tough spot.

The Big Three... of douche. You have LeBron, Cuban, and Stern.

Who to root for? I'l root for disease and famine before I stop wishing death on LeBron. Dubbing themselves the Heatles? Really?

On the other side, you have owner Mark Douchen, who is a dick. And Jason The Recycled Nickname Terry getting a 2011 Championship tattoo, before the Finals start.

Both teams are very deep at the douchebag position.

BUT... Dork Nowinski has caught lightning in a bottle (only one team beat them twice in a series, and it took the Phoenix rising from the ashes for tht to happen... don't fuck with BRoy in the 4th quarter). He's on a new level, even by his standards.

Dallas has quite a bit more depth.

But in the end, Cuban winning might resut in Stern having a heart attack, and I'm all about that. If he doesn't keel over, he'll be dropping $50,000 fines on Cuban every game for the offense of "blinking."

Dallas in 6. We've seen what happens to King Lames' balls in a final (then again,we've seen DWade's balls grow 3 sizes in a fial, and we've seen Dirk crumbe, too).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Call it

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I think you have to root for the Fighting Cubans by default, since

a) a former poster here tossed his salad by proxxy
b) he has an interest in taking down the BCS
c) his team isn't the Heat
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Yep, Cuban's crusade to take out the BCS is enough to overlook all his other shitbag antics.

I think the Heat will do everything in its power to let someone not named Dirk beat them. Only problem is, Berea, Terry, and Kidd are lights out from beyond the arc during the playoffs (50%).

However, the Heat have more athliticism in the back court than Dallas has seen to contest those open threes if they choose to double the nappy German.

Marion gets Lebron duty while Kidd and Stevenson attempt to contain D-Wade. I think Chandler and Haywood keep Bosh grounded, but Haslem is healthy and was the xfactor in a couple of games versus the Bulls.

My heart wants Dallas to win in a close one, but my senses tell me the Heat win in six.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: Dallas in 6
Sounds like a plan.

What do you have against Nowitski btw, the 'zers didn't draft him?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:What do you have against Nowitski btw, the 'zers didn't draft him?
Dirk has never fouled another person and he has never missed a shot where he wasn't fouled...or so he thinks. He's a punk crybaby bitch.

Still, go Mavs.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

put 3 bills on the Heat.

altho i'm rooting for the mavs.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote: What do you have against Nowitski btw, the 'zers didn't draft him?

He did kinda just send us out in the first round... not his first MVP-like performance against us in a playoff series.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I think you have to root for the Fighting Cubans by default, since

a) a former poster here tossed his salad by proxxy
Not so fast. IIRC, Backer was very headstrong on his "no kissing" stance with the whore, so the proxy-toss doesn't really apply. He and Cuban are more of tounge cousins if anything, as their assholes share the same lengua lineage.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Technically, I believe you're right, but that sort of became the running joke over time.

Ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Did anyone else hear Jeff Van Gundy go KC Scott last night? He was talking about Troy Aikman. Something to the effect of how Aikman runs 10 miles a day or some shit, and Van Gundy started gushing over how much of a sweat he works up and then dropped a "the guy is HUGE!" Then Mark Jackson responds with: Do you want the guy's autograph?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I heard that. What was better was Mark Jackson's *sigh* or whatever that was after.

He said "Man, what? Do you want the guy's autograph or something? Gah!" to which Van Gundy replied "Yes."
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Rack the Mavs, that was awesome.

WTF was up with Dirk leaving the court before the clock even hit 0:00? That was weird.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh my, poptart was right. There is a God.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RACK Dins on the Dallas in 6 call!

Thought the Heat would get over after Game 3 but that was great 3-game run the Mavs went on to close it out. I'm probably typical of a lot of the people watching this series even though I don't really like the league anymore and one of those reasons is that manufactured team in South Beach. You watch a guy like Nowitzki throughout his career get hammered for being a soft Euro and just being a regular season player but you can at least respect him for taking his lumps and sticking to it and earning his title.

It was sweet to just see a TEAM beat the gang of 3. LeBron is going to have numerous kicks at the can...one of these years they'll draw the right matchup at the right team when their random group of "other guys" do enough to put them over. I also think this isn't the last time they'll get this far and fall on their face. He'll get his title simply because that group will be in the mix every year given their ages.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i don't understand the foregone conclusion that lebron will eventually win a title. i'm pretty sure he's going to get cancer of the ego and die beforehand.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Rack the Mavs, that was awesome.

WTF was up with Dirk leaving the court before the clock even hit 0:00? That was weird.
That was the most subdued championship celebration I've ever seen. Guys just walking to the locker room, shaking hands, etc. Like some random regular season win over the Timberwolves or something. But those dudes are old. I think it was more relief than joy for that team.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:
War Wagon wrote: What do you have against Nowitski btw, the 'zers didn't draft him?

He did kinda just send us out in the first round... not his first MVP-like performance against us in a playoff series.
btw, if it's any consolation, I believe I heard Dirk say last night that the Portland series was the toughest of any they played to get to the promised land.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Shoalzie wrote:RACK Dins on the Dallas in 6 call!

2nded.
He'll get his title simply because that group will be in the mix every year given their ages.

Wasn't this about seaseon #8 for LeDouche?

Once Danny Ferry got some guys around him, they made runs -- and when it really mattered, he grew a vagina (especially against Duncan, whos been known to play well in the big ones)

I guess we now know that the "he quit" accusations from last year's East Championsip were untrue -- he didn't quit, he just really sucks in big moments.

And I think that ack of a huge celebration on the court was called
"having class"... but I'm not sure, since it's been so long since I've seen much in sports that I've kind of forgotten what it looks like. But Dirk has always been a benchmark of class in the Association -- maybe the comparisons to Bird aren't as silly as they're made to be.

Good thing Kidd got divorced -- now, he won't have to worry about his wife beating him up for staying out too late celebrating. At 38, will he ride off into the sunset, or try and defend the title (might depend on the labor situation)?

Mavs even did it without Caron Butler -- maybe Marion, at age 50, might have been a better fit/chemistry. Or Mushmouth Marion is a better player... or the Mavs were so freaking deep that they could lose one of their big 3 and still win. I kinda laughed off the Mavs' chances at the onset of the Second Season, but then I saw the defense they played against the Blazers in Round 1 (only other team to take the Mavs to 6 games... witness the Power of Roy). Wasn't sre anyone could match their mix of crazy scorers and team defense.

Hope Cuban gets hit by a bus on his way home from his celebratory salad-tossing.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:Rack the Mavs, that was awesome.

He addressed this -- he said it was because he was aout to start bawling like a baby... fair enough.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And then there's LeBron.
For those who cursed him when he signed with the Heat last summer -- be it fans of the teams he spurned or those turned off by the nature of his announcement -- it was like Christmas. Even buried in the bubble of friends and family he’s crafted over the years to protect him, he knew it and heard it as clearly as those Mavs players, coaches and officials cracking open Budweisers down the hall.

Left threadbare, all James could do was deploy his defense mechanisms.

“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

Yes, James could leave in his Bentley or Rolls Royce or Maybach or whatever vehicle he chose to drive. He could, indeed, go home to his mansion where his personal chef might have a five-star meal waiting. Then off to his plush bed with 1,500-thread-count sheets. In a few days, it’ll be off on a private jet for a needed vacation.

The vast majority of those who toasted his defeat will wake up and go to work on Monday morning.

James is a multimillionaire now and he’ll still be a multimillionaire after the coming lockout ends. As a two-time MVP, he's earned it. All these things will provide him plenty of comfort while his performance is eviscerated nationally.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”

And there’s the rub. So, too, will James. Eight years in, James is walking away from another season with no ring. In the past he could -- and did -- with his head high while quietly blame others. Last year, he got away with a series in which he failed to deliver.

Now, in the real world, there’s nowhere to hide.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I pray queen james makes it to the finals 5 or 6 more times and suffers the same fate.

Fukk that classless big game no-show.

Wonder if ESPN will have a televised "the decision" extravaganza in a year or two after he wears his welcome out in miami?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Queen James wrote:“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy that not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal,” James said. “But they’ll have to get back to the real world at some point.”
That cuts both ways you stupid douche. You know who would've loved the chance to celebrate and gloat and have to suffer the indignity of having to go back to the real world at some point?

Heat fans.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Happy for the Mavs and for Mark Cuban. That was a great gesture by having the original owner accept the trophy and having the willingness to foot the bill for the parade.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rack DeShawn Stevenson.