Does anybody give a fuck about Woods comeback?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Does anybody give a fuck about Woods comeback?

Post by Felix »

I was listening to a sports radio show last night when they were talking about how the ratings for golf watching have plummeted since that little 9 iron through the windshield episode a few years back....in the final round of this years US Open there was a total viewership of about 5 million people.....contrast that with the 35 million that were watching some piece of shit Thursday night football game and you can see the problem......ever since he who shall not be named left, golf viewership has taken a nosedive....now that he's back playing they think this is going to increase viewership.....

Me, I could really give a rats ass about HIS comeback.....I quit giving a shit about HIM a long time ago.....just like when Arnie and Jack retired, there were a new group of pros to take up the mantle.....well now that HE is coming back at the age of 40 do you think it's going to have an impact on golf viewership?

I would say no.....there may be a slight curiosity bump in viewership but it won't last any longer than HE will.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Does anybody give a fuck about Woods comeback?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Paging BSuck and our resident waste water treatment plant tank cleaner.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

He's playing a course that is way more forgiving than Elin. Let me know when he plays this well in back to back Tour events.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

This isn't a question about whether he will make it back or not, rather it's a question of will it matter insofar as viewership tuning in on golf......
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Tiger moved the dial because he transcended the game. If,and that's a big if, he wins a major and a few more regular Tour events, then he will move the needle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Uhm... did any of you geniuses think to maybe look into the TV ratings before you decided to abuse your keyboard?

That tourney just had double the viewers it ever has before. People watched golf in freaking December -- on a weekend that was absolutely teeming with sports.

BODE Eldrick, and megaBODE the PGA.

He was a little up-and-down, but played pretty deece. I think that 4000MPH club head speed is a thing of the past. And that big wide stance while throwing his entire body at the ball is over... or it should be. Now, he's a mere mortal -- no more hitting out of 8" rough onto the green from 230 yards with a 5 Iron.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Be interesting to see where he finishes in a full field.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:Uhm... did any of you geniuses think to maybe look into the TV ratings before you decided to abuse your keyboard?
Did you actually read my post or did this simply slip by?
Felix wrote:there may be a slight curiosity bump in viewership but it won't last any longer than HE will.....
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him make it all the way back because he's good for the game.....I am just now of the opinion his best days are long gone.....I don't think he can consistently be competitive anymore.....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:I am just now of the opinion his best days are long gone....

How did your "best days" fare after you found the Wrong Side Of 40?* I know I'm not trying for the green from 200 from the long stuff -- pretty sure there would be a compound fracture of something pretty vital, like a vertebra or ilium (which has kept me from playing, even when the weather was conducive) or something.

I doubt he'll be a threat to win any tourney that he makes the cut in, like during his reign of terror, but if... huge if... his spine holds up, he can win plenty of events. Lest we forget -- he didn't rack up his gaudy win totals with the power game -- he won by being #1 in overall putting every freaking year.

* -- If Vijay is reading this, go ahead and ignore that question.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Thursday's group at 1:40 ET would be worth tuning in without TW. How many strokes is he getting from DJ and JD on the side?
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You know Tiger wanted to lay down some action on the side. And he would have taken their money yesterday.

How pissed are the PGA and Farmers? Got a dream group -- 2016 Player Of The Year, World #1 seeing his first action in months, and the return of the King...

all of whom get the weekend off.