So for Christmas

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

So for Christmas

Post by Felix »

I asked Santa for one of these

the one I got is not the slope edition, as those can't be used in tournaments......the non-slope model can be.....I've always been pretty good at estimating yardages, but my eyes aren't what they used to be so I'm looking for a little help.....play with people using these things all the time and tried them out....really liked it a lot so I decided why not.....

won't get to use it for a while and no doubt I'll probably lose it within the first couple of months.....but
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: So for Christmas

Post by Dinsdale »

I didn't think you could use any electronics in a tourney (or any optical aid)?

My buddy has been jonsin' to get out and play. Round these parts, winter golf is called "mudball." Bring multiple towels, and sometimes there's crazy amounts of relief going on. Definitely "thin to win" in the mud, and add 2 clubs to your distance. Usually leave the soft-spikes at home, and wear hunting boots -- waterproof, and the heel digs in to the mud a bit (spikes just collect mud and make it worse).

Except the last few days, it's been dry, but we'd be playing "tundraball."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:I didn't think you could use any electronics in a tourney (or any optical aid)?
under rule 14-3 the USGA states that use of electronic devices is not allowed, however the governing committee may make a Local Rule allowing players to use devices that measure or gauge distance only......the Idaho Golf Association allows the use of rangefinders in tournaments....I'd be willing to bet OGA has a similar ruling because I've played with lots of guys from Oregon packing those things...
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oregon is full of cheaters. Tell me you knew.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim