Pretty Dots In The Firmament {!)

The best of the best
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Re: Pretty Dots In The Firmament {!)

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

poptart wrote:
Jay wrote:To follow up on Jsc's pictures of satellites from Earth...
He didn't post any pics of satellites, you stupid lying fuck.
He posted pics of the ISS.
Hey idiot, what the fuck do you think the ISS is anyway? It's in space. It orbits the planet.

You know, like the moon..?

That makes it a satellite. Perhaps this definition will assist you.

sat·el·lite
ˈsadlˌīt/
noun
an artificial body placed in orbit around the earth or moon or another planet in order to collect information or for communication.
synonyms: space station, space capsule, spacecraft; More
ASTRONOMY
a celestial body orbiting the earth or another planet.
synonyms: moon, secondary planet
"the two small satellites of Mars"

Congratulations on once again embarrassing yourself.

You really do suck at this.

Now go fuck yourself. :mrgreen:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:I presented 2+ months ago that in your model, the earth curves at 8" per mile squared.
Yes, we understand that you were retarded and wrong 2+ months ago and nothing has changed in the meantime.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
poptart wrote:
Hey idiot, what the fuck do you think the ISS is anyway? It's in space. It orbits the planet.

sat·el·lite
ˈsadlˌīt/
noun
an artificial body placed in orbit around the earth or moon or another planet in order to collect information or for communication.
ASTRONOMY

Once again, pop delivers a roundhouse kick to his own ass that would make chuck norris proud.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Poptart, are you still making this claim?

"The rate of curvature on a sphere COMPOUNDS."

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

poptart wrote:h
10 ft of curvature in 15 miles

- Dunce

:lol:
I'm just trying to establish some fundamentals here.

What does that mean? You do not seem to understand what the units and/or definition of curvature is.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

atmdad wrote:Poptart, are you still making this claim?

"The rate of curvature on a sphere COMPOUNDS."

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.
I been wondering about this as well. A recent post of his was the first I recall his using the term square in describing his ridiculous assertions about how quickly things drop below the horizon on an alleged spherical world.

The rate of curve is, more or less linear you fukking dolt!!! The earth is pretty damn close to a perfect sphere, not an egg.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Pops finally fessed up -- he believes the Earth is shaped like some weird 3-D parabola.

Just take 8" (sup MS) and keep squaring it... that's solid math. I see how someone could fall off the edge of that.

I think it might be wise to question any "formula" involving the circumference of a circle that doesn't include a funny little Greek letter.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

What?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Python wrote:What?

What what?

Take a sheet of graph paper. Take a real number greater than 1 and square it, and make a point on the Y Axis. Keep doing that a few times.

Then you, too, can laugh at poptart.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You were saying?
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

That's pirate math. Lots of AAARRRR.

Shut up. It's late.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Jsc810 wrote:I'll go ahead and admit that I could not solve that equation.
The first part is just Csq =Asq+Bsq cause its a right triangle. After that it's just solving for (what is will call) g (since i dont have that symbol on my keyboard)
As you can see it equals Xsq over 2 • R. Which means Dims is an idiot.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Moving Sale,

You have ignored the two questions I asked you previously, so here your second chance.

1. - Do you believe as poptart, that the Earth MAY be flat but is definitely not round?

2. - Do you believe that satellites are in orbit around the Earth?

Poptart answers the first question with a series of "I don't know what shape the Earth is, but it isn't round." If he doesn't know the shape, how does he "know" it isn't round?

He just completely ignores the second question, because it leads to the matter of how he gets smart phone signals, or where his internet is coming from, or how do you account for Google Earth views.

Go ahead Sale, continue on with the math, but these are the fundamental questions you really should answer if you are going to continue along this tangent.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

There is a very basic error in Pops diagram and the one sale just posted. Both are using a right angle between the radius of the earth and the tangent point on the surface of the earth. This makes the math much easier.

Our line of site though isn't the tangent point nor is our vision only a line. Instead of a line our vision resembles a cone.

So in sale's diagram if we are trying to figure out what might be below the horizon we will need the line along which "x" resides to be above the tangent point and for the right angle there to be something less than 90 degrees.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Left Seater wrote:There is a very basic error in Pops diagram and the one sale just posted. Both are using a right angle between the radius of the earth and the tangent point on the surface of the earth. This makes the math much easier.

Our line of site though isn't the tangent point nor is our vision only a line. Instead of a line our vision resembles a cone.

So in sale's diagram if we are trying to figure out what might be below the horizon we will need the line along which "x" resides to be above the tangent point and for the right angle there to be something less than 90 degrees.
That and the arguments being made are going the extreme of a flat earth to assuming the earth is a smooth like a marble. There is local topography like mountains and valleys to consider. As well as the relative differences in the bulk modulus of different materials, i.e. soil versus bodies of water that will have the effect of "flattening" bodies of water relative to surrounding land masses. Atmospheric effects, weather conditions etc. A whole hell of a lot of variables are not being considered. As well as using trigonometry is much easier to work with that basic algebra when it comes to dealing with angles and/or curved surfaces.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:I presented 2+ months ago that in your model, the earth curves at 8" per mile squared.
Yes, we understand that you were retarded and wrong 2+ months ago and nothing has changed in the meantime.
Yet despite being asked at least twice, you've never told me what you think the earth curvature on your model -----> IS.

#loser
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
poptart wrote:

sat·el·lite
ˈsadlˌīt/
noun
ASTRONOMY

Page 3 of this thread...
poptart wrote:I would actually recommend that instead of meditating on half-cocked misrepresentations of what an anonymous message boarder thinks, you would meditate on a question instead.
Would be healthier for you.

We've supposedly been space-stationing now for 40 years.
There are currently supposedly about 1,100 satellites up in space.

Meditate on why the ISS never shows any satellite as it moves around the earth.
They have an endless amount of video of what they are doing, and it must be fairly routine for a satellite to come into their field of vision.

But never.

Never.
Poptart clearly distinguishing between the ISS and... satellites.

Jayne makes a total dumb@ss of herself once again.

#dumbass
Last edited by poptart on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

There is no point in pursuing discussion with people (Duncedale, a'dad, LS, 88, mv, suckaholic, etc.) who deny basic math reality.

Earth curvature on your model was introduced on the board over two months ago, yet 'tards continue to deny and flail.

Embarrassing.

Enjoy talking to yourselves, idiots.

#denial
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Popeturd, PhD in 'Basic Math Reality'
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Popeturd, PhD in 'Basic Math Reality'
PhD?

Just not huffing basement bongs in mid-life.

#loser
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

You think the world is flat, old Hebrews lived for hundreds of years, that "God" fucked/raped Mary and Jesus had magical powers of conjuration, transmutation and healing.

Honestly, I've never been that high before. That must be some good shit.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

poptart wrote:There is no point in pursuing discussion with people (Duncedale, a'dad, LS, 88, mv, suckaholic, etc.) who deny basic math reality.

#denial
Well that's it. I guess i've been runnned, shit it is not even 9:18 or what ever time it was that Pooptart took out the trash.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

poptart wrote:Poptart clearly distinguishing between the ISS and... satellites.

Jayne makes a total dumb@ss of herself once again.
Decided to keep kicking your own ass, even after having the definition read out to you? God you are dumb.

Once again moron, the ISS is a satellite by definition. If you can't or won't accept that, you're stupid beyond words.

There is of course a very good reason why there are no pictures of satellites. I've already brought up two or three reasons, yet you ignore them.

There is another reason available, a simple and rational explanation, but you don't merit anyone telling you, as the info is readily available and you would just deny it.

Piss off poopturd.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Something else for poops to chew on.

As this thread is titled with his favorite word, firmament, let's examine that.

One of those issues which concerns the second day of creation (Genesis 1:6-8), is where God supposedly made the “expanse” or the “firmament.” The Hebrew word for this is raqia (pronounced ra-KEE-ah). Biblical scholars understand the raqia to be a solid dome-like structure. It separates the water into two parts, so that there is water above the raqia and water below it (v. 7). The waters above are kept at bay so the world can become inhabitable. On the third day (vv. 9-10), the water below the raqia is “gathered to one place” to form the sea and allow the dry land to appear.

Ancient Israelites, or the ignorant goat herders, “saw” this barrier when they looked up. There were no telescopes, space exploration, or means of testing the atmosphere. They relied on what their senses told them. Even today, looking up at a clear sky in open country, the sky seems to “begin” at the horizons and reaches up far above. Ancient goat shtuppers and others in that part of the world assumed the world was flat, and so it looked like the earth is covered by a dome, and the “blue sky” is the “water above” held back by the raqia. The translation “firmament” (i.e., firm) gets across this idea of a solid structure.

Biblical scholars agree on this understanding of raqia. For some Christians, however, this is troubling. How can the Bible, which is the inspired, revealed word of God, contain such an inaccurate piece of ancient nonsense? Hence, some invest a lot of time and energy to show that the raqia is not solid but more like the atmosphere. Often, the word “expanse” is the preferred translation because it does not necessarily imply something solid.

So poops, in other words, the ancients simply didn't know what the hell they were looking at, could not understand it or rationalize it, so they simply made shit up. You know, like most of the Bible.

Believing in magic is a whole lot easier than proving what something is through rationalization, experimentation, trial and error, testing, impartial thought and conclusions.

You believe in magic. Goody gum drops for you.

Penn and Teller have a "firm" bridge they would like to make vanish for you.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc810 wrote:
poptart wrote:Earth curvature on your model was introduced on the board over two months ago, yet 'tards continue to deny and flail.
pop, again you haven't read the explanation of why you can sometimes see things that are below the curve. Or perhaps you just don't understand it.

In any event, here it is once again.
I saw it.

As posted by me previously, in the first 20 minutes of this video, it is clearly shown that your explanation holds no water.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jayne wrote:Decided to keep kicking your own ass, even after having the definition read out to you? God you are dumb.

Once again moron, the ISS is a satellite by definition. If you can't or won't accept that, you're stupid beyond words.
Why do you continually pursue such silly arguments, Jayne?

I CLEARLY said that I was asking why satellite pic were never taken from the ISS.

I was OBVIOUSLY (to even a 5 yr old) not including the ISS as a satellite in this discussion.

Stop wasting our time with such petty, stoopid, and *FAILED* arguments.

I WOULD welcome Duncedale to tell us more about his math skeelz, though.

How the earth supposedly curves 10 ft in 15 miles.

Good times!

:lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jay wrote:There is of course a very good reason why there are no pictures of satellites. I've already brought up two or three reasons, yet you ignore them.
Yes, because they are only found on the super secret interweb.

So I heard.

LMAO!
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Something else for poops to chew on.

As this thread is titled with his favorite word, firmament, let's examine that.

One of those issues which concerns the second day of creation (Genesis 1:6-8), is where God supposedly made the “expanse” or the “firmament.” The Hebrew word for this is raqia (pronounced ra-KEE-ah). Biblical scholars understand the raqia to be a solid dome-like structure. It separates the water into two parts, so that there is water above the raqia and water below it (v. 7). The waters above are kept at bay so the world can become inhabitable. On the third day (vv. 9-10), the water below the raqia is “gathered to one place” to form the sea and allow the dry land to appear.

Ancient Israelites, or the ignorant goat herders, “saw” this barrier when they looked up. There were no telescopes, space exploration, or means of testing the atmosphere. They relied on what their senses told them. Even today, looking up at a clear sky in open country, the sky seems to “begin” at the horizons and reaches up far above. Ancient goat shtuppers and others in that part of the world assumed the world was flat, and so it looked like the earth is covered by a dome, and the “blue sky” is the “water above” held back by the raqia. The translation “firmament” (i.e., firm) gets across this idea of a solid structure.

Biblical scholars agree on this understanding of raqia. For some Christians, however, this is troubling. How can the Bible, which is the inspired, revealed word of God, contain such an inaccurate piece of ancient nonsense? Hence, some invest a lot of time and energy to show that the raqia is not solid but more like the atmosphere. Often, the word “expanse” is the preferred translation because it does not necessarily imply something solid.

So poops, in other words, the ancients simply didn't know what the hell they were looking at, could not understand it or rationalize it, so they simply made shit up. You know, like most of the Bible.

Believing in magic is a whole lot easier than proving what something is through rationalization, experimentation, trial and error, testing, impartial thought and conclusions.

You believe in magic. Goody gum drops for you.

Penn and Teller have a "firm" bridge they would like to make vanish for you.
I'll reply to this when I have a bit of time.

From this blog: http://biologos.org/blogs/archive/the-f ... -point/P50
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jay wrote:Ancient Israelites, or the ignorant goat herders, “saw” this barrier when they looked up.
Genesis was recorded by Moses.

He had been an Egyptian Prince.

Do you honestly think he was... an ignorant goat herder?

What he knew completely dwarfs whatever it is that you think you know.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

LS wrote:There is a very basic error in Pops diagram and the one sale just posted. Both are using a right angle between the radius of the earth and the tangent point on the surface of the earth. This makes the math much easier.

The height of one's eyes above the ground is easily factored in to the equation.

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/

What has been presented by MS and I is common knowledge.
We are not making anything up -- and YOU are not smarter than everyone else who already knows this mathematical FACT.

Stop grasping and stop gripping.

Let it soak in and...

Deal with it!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

poptart wrote:
LS wrote: The height of one's eyes above the ground is easily factored in to the equation.

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/

What has been presented by MS and I is common knowledge.
We are not making anything up -- and YOU are not smarter than everyone else who already knows this mathematical FACT.
What you haven't shown and isn't easily factored in to the equation is the cone shaped field of vision. This makes the angle less than 90 degrees.

Because you claim you are not making anything up doesn't make it so. :lol:
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:That symbol is the Greek lower case delta, and it represents the distance beyond the circle in a right triangle drawn with the x side tangent to the circle where r meets the circle. The rest is just 8th grade algebra unto you get to the approximation sign, which is the equals symbol with a dot over it. At that point, a serious departure is made from algebra. I'm asking you to validate that approximation on an Earth r, delta and x scale, and explain what you think it shows/means/is useful for in this conversation.
Then stop before the dot. It means Dims is an idiot. Try and follow along.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Moving Sale,

You have ignored the two questions I asked you previously, so here your second chance.

1. - Do you believe as poptart, that the Earth MAY be flat but is definitely not round?

2. - Do you believe that satellites are in orbit around the Earth?

Poptart answers the first question with a series of "I don't know what shape the Earth is, but it isn't round." If he doesn't know the shape, how does he "know" it isn't round?

He just completely ignores the second question, because it leads to the matter of how he gets smart phone signals, or where his internet is coming from, or how do you account for Google Earth views.

Go ahead Sale, continue on with the math, but these are the fundamental questions you really should answer if you are going to continue along this tangent.
I doubt it's flat but NOBODY thinks its round. Do they.
I don't know if there are satellites or not I have not given it much thought.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote:
What you haven't shown and isn't easily factored in to the equation is the cone shaped field of vision.
Do tell.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Both of these flights were flown by civilian aircraft with civilians onboard. There have also been military flights that have crossed both poles but those details are harder to come by.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

MS wrote:Dims is an idiot.
Epic idi0cy displayed by him in this thread.

Hall of Fame level.

Funniest stupidity and self-ass-kicking I've read in a very long time.

:dins:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Pretty Dots In The Firmament (! pg 3 - well sorta !)

Post by poptart »

Jsc810 wrote:
poptart wrote:Circle the globe N-S going over both poles, and I would believe the earth is a sphere.
As it turns out, this has been done before, twice.

Info from our resident pilot:
Left Seater wrote:Here is some info on the two previous flights that went round the world over both poles.

PanAm flight 50 in 1977.

And a charter in 1965.

http://www.wingnet.org/rtw/RTW005I.HTM

So we know it has been done twice. Plenty of people are still alive from the 77 flight
Ok, pop, your exact test has been done, twice.

And considering that your exact test has been done twice, do you now acknowledge that the earth is a spere?
Sorry, Jsc, but it's a *FAIL*.

Go to your video at 13:00 - 13:25.
It shows the flight path.

It shows the flight going over Antarctica, and shows SOUTH POLE, but the path they show there DOES NOT go over the South Pole.
Their flight path crosses over West Antarctica.

Compare the path to the map below...

They didn't go over the South Pole.

What they did could have just as well been done on a flat earth.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Funny but we discussed how you were going to spin this, when it is exactly what you asked for.

Go back and look at the 1:35 mark. You will see the same drawing as you reference at the 13:00 minute mark. At the 13:00 minute mark they are just using a close up of the southern hemisphere route from the whole map from the 1:35 mark. That happens when you attempt to trace a path over a globe on a flat surface.

Bottom line is the flight looked something like this:

Furthermore the shortest distance on a globe between Cape Town and Auckland is 7313 miles. In the video they talk about a 7550 mile segment which is pretty damn close to what the mileage should be if the red line above had a little bend to the left over Antarctica.

No way that segment of the flight happens on the flat earth society map. The plane would have had to travel thousands of miles further than it did and thousands of miles further than it's range would allow.

So, you got exactly what you asked for to show the earth is a sphere, a North to South flight over both poles.

But of course when that is presented to you, you pick up the goal posts and move them 50 miles away.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

This isn't going over the South Pole, either.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

True pole or magnetic?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.