The best of the best
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by Diogenes »

It gets even better...
Palin & the Teleprompter
[Rich Lowry]
I’m told by a McCain aide that the teleprompter operator mistakenly rolled through the applause lines throughout the speech. So he rolled over the first two lines of the next paragraph after applause. But she was unfazed by it.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... A4ZDk3MTE=

The Empty Suit would have lost his mind.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

RadioFan wrote:
poptart wrote:The arrogance is unfathomable.
As opposed to Bible-thumping hypocrites trying to get in everyone else's bedroom and public school classroom?
Hmmmmm ....

I've not said word one about the Bible, bedroom activities, or public school classrooms in this thread.

But feel free to divert that way if you need to.

If you want to play, and you are pro-choice, then take a shot at answering mvscal's question to Scott ... who I was talking to, due to his takes in this thread.

Since you're so pro-choice, I'll give you one. Would YOU prefer to grow up in poverty and neglect or would you rather be violently dismembered and tossed in the garbage instead?

You like to play?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Never said you did, pop. Scott's argument isn't necessarily mine.

Nice try though.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nice try? lol

I didn't try jack squat.

You came in to the thread and interrupted my question to Scott, babbling about public school classrooms, people's bedrooms and Bible-thumpers.

Go sleep it off.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

All eyes on Steven McQueen. As cool as that dude was, he couldn't even go through with it. The hanger doesn't abide.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:So I'm assuming he'd want the crack at life, even if dealt a shit hand.
I got a a shit hand. Adopted by Army couple in Germany. They spilt up when i was 5. He went back to Viet Nam she went crazy. All my clothes were Salvation Army or Goodwill - All my milk was powdered all the cheese was boxed. Got to fight the black and Mexican kids every day on the bus in Tulsa till I turned 11 and my dad retired and I came to KC.
I'll take a guess and say I probably know more about living in shit than just about anybody on this board.

But just beacuse I made it doesn't change my view that it's the parents decision whether to terminate a pregnancy.
The arrogance is unfathomable.
Alright Dave let's turn this around - same questions posed to Tom

The bigger question is why do you care if it does not effect you directly?
It's nothing more than the imposition of your morals and beliefs on others who do not share that opinion.

It is the law of our land, yet you will defend it by saying it defies Gods law.
It's this type of thinking that is also termed religous zealotry.

We call the Sunnis and Shias extermists and rightly so for their treatment of women, or their willingness to kill those that don't share their beliefs.
Yet we give a pass to the Fundamental extremist that bomb planned parenthood or shoot Obstaricians who terminate pregnancies.

Do you see any hypocracy here?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:extremists that bomb planned parenthood or shoot Obstaricians who terminate pregnancies.
they're doing "God's work"
mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:How exactly did she stand up to big oil when she is in favor of drilling every available orifice in Alaska?

Not that I think it's a bad idea, I'd drill every last drop as well, but isn't that kinda what the oil companies would like to do too?
She made them pay to do it.

so I'm assuming that will be their stance should they make it into the White House?

good luck with that
get out, get out while there's still time
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:The bigger question is why do you care if it does not effect you directly?
Liquidating the future of our nation effects you directly, you fucking idiot.
48 million people have been killed by abortions since 1973. If you think that has no impact on our current and future economy, you are a fucking dumbshit.
Hmmmmm......

So you think the adding 48 million to our nations population helps in what way?

Before you reply with adding to the tax base, consider the current state of the economy now.
Also consider the ramifications to the entitlement programs.

If adding 48 million "new Americans" would help so much, I'm sure you'll want to change your stance on Immigration :lol:
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote:
Legalized abortion is demographic suicide.
The demographic argument is interesting, beacuse your contention would then be that all these abortions were middle or upper class individuals who could afford to support and educate a child.

My contention is that most that have abortions are looking at it from a point of view that they cannot provide a proper social or economioc enviornment to raide a child.

It is a very difficult decision for any woman to make - You and the daves seem to equate it with some flippant decision they would make on a spur of the moment whim
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote: Way kick your own ass, you fucking moron. Our borders wouldn't be wide ass open like they are now if we had 48 million more Americans. Illiterate peasants from Mexico are a piss poor substitute for Americans of any background.
Say what?

So your saying if we had 48 million more americans they'd pick the crops that the curent poor jobless Americans won't?

Sorry, your smarter than to make an argument that ridiculous
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:Yet we give a pass to the Fundamental extremist that bomb planned parenthood or shoot Obstaricians who terminate pregnancies.
We do?

As far as I know they are prosecuted for their crimes.

Why do I care if life is snuffed out?

I care for a number of reasons, one of which I see mvscal has just posted.

But more importantly, life begins at conception, and denial of that is PURE spin.
What begins at that point is VERY clearly destined to become a fully functional, living, breathing human being.

The fetus is about THE most vulnerable human life we see.
It bothers me when one with absolute vulnerability is not protected.
It is criminal that they are not protected.
I care because those who commit the act of taking that life ought to be prosecuted for their crime.

Scott, you 'made it' out of the bad hand you were dealt.
A percentage (who knows what percentage) of the aborted millions would have done well for themselves just as you did ... if they hadn't been slaughtered.

Sounds like perhaps someone might have thought it best for you to be slaughtered.

I could have been slaughtered.
I, myself, was an unwanted pregnancy.

I've never seen an real argument put forth for life beginning at any time other than conception.

You've got to be either a fool, or intellectually dishonest to think that it begins at a time other than that.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

88 wrote: Very unusual opinion, my friend. How did you come up with that one? Did you have that opinion when your wife was preggers with your spawn, and you put a hand on her bulging tummy and felt the life-less thing moving around inside her or when you listened to its heartbeat? Bet not. Assuming you are willing to be truthful.
Putting it back on a personal level doesn't change my opinion. According to the Law - life begins when the fetus can survive outside the womb - at around 7 months.

Like I said earlier, I'm for the right of a couple or mother to make their own decision on whether or not to bring a child into the world. Anyone else trying to make that decision for them is wrong - Whether it's based on religous belief or otherwise
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Diogenes wrote:BTW, Rudy kicked ass as well.
Rudy needsh shome fuckin' poly-grip for his store-boughts
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:I'm for the right of a couple or mother to make their own decision on whether or not to bring a child into the world.
A couple 'made their decision' when they got the little lady pregnant, Scott.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well, no poptart, they shouldn't be prosecuted for committing a crime - it's not against the law.

The morality of the act, aside, that is besides the point and between the actor(s) and God, alone.

The legality of the Roe v Wade comes into question based on the Constitution of the United States. Was it inappropriate for the Federal Government to usurp the states right to "choose" their laws ? I think so.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, then the states will decide whether or not abortion is legal in their state or not. If it's legal, no crime is committed. Has a "sin" been committed ? Again, that is between the actor(s) and God, alone.

Not everyone believes in God.

That being said, many times throughout history, things have been done to human beings - improper things. Slavery, holocausts, invasions, caste systems, torture, etc.. These things were done based upon man's defintion and presumption as to who is human and who is not. Depriving humans of their humanity is the first step towards doing things that generations look back on in hindsight and say ....

"That was wrong." But at the time it wasn't perceived as "wrong", it wasn't illegal within the context of the ruling powers defintiion of legality. It was justified and rationalized based upon the premise that the victims of said "legal persecution" were somehow not human or less human.

Something to think about.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Alright, since this subject is still open...

A straight up pair of questions, especially for Wags, mvs, Tom and Poptart.

If your wife or daughter were the victim of rape and subsequently got pregnant, and given the horrific emotional scarring that comes with such a violation, would you force her to carry said child to term? Even against her will? Think about this before reacting and try not to speak for them, especially if you haven't discussed this with them beforehand. And remember, how someone feels when they aren't a victim is a far cry from how they would feel IF they became a victim.

Question number two. If your wife or daughter had a 90 plus percentage chance of dying due to a childbirth, especially one in which a fetus might not survive the birth anyway, would you take that gamble on her life? And let's not get caught up in the percentages, these things do occur.

So then, what is your choice? Honest answers please.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
Scott wrote:I'm for the right of a couple or mother to make their own decision on whether or not to bring a child into the world.
A couple 'made their decision' when they got the little lady pregnant, Scott.
mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:I'm for the right of a couple or mother to make their own decision on whether or not to bring a child into the world.
So am I. That is a decision that gets made before cock spurts in pussy.

Hmmmmm.........

So then you would be in favor of abortion in cases of rape or incest where the woman had no decision?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Alright, since this subject is still open...

If your wife or daughter were the victim of rape and subsequently got pregnant, and given the horrific emotional scarring that comes with such a violation, would you force her to carry said child to term? Even against her will? Think about this before reacting and try not to speak for them, especially if you haven't discussed this with them beforehand. And remember, how someone feels when they aren't a victim is a far cry from how they would feel IF they became a victim.

Question number two. If your wife or daughter had a 90 plus percentage chance of dying due to a childbirth, especially one in which a fetus might not survive the birth anyway, would you take that gamble on her life? And let's not get caught up in the percentages, these things do occur.

1. I would be faced with taking a decision that involves taking a human life, I don't know what I'd do. I know one life I would like to take for sure, that would be the life of the rapist.

2. I would be faced with taking a decision that would result in at least 1 human life being lost and potentially 2 human lives being lost. I do not know what I would do.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Alright, since this subject is still open...

How about we start with stop killing babies out of convenience, then we'll tackle this issue.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Non abortion interlude....
Foreign-Policy “Experience”
Sharing second thoughts on the talking points over experience.

By Thomas Sowell

Now that the Democrats have recovered from the shock of Governor Sarah Palin’s nomination as the Republican’s candidate for vice president, they have suddenly discovered that her lack of experience in general — and foreign-policy experience in particular — is a terrible danger in someone just a heartbeat away from being President of the United States.

For those who are satisfied with talking points, there is no need to go any further. But, for those who still consider substance relevant, this is an incredible argument coming from those whose presidential candidate has even less experience in public office than Sarah Palin, and none in foreign policy.

Moreover, if Senator Barack Obama is elected, he will not be a heartbeat away from the presidency, his would be the heartbeat of the president — and he would be the one making foreign policy.

But the big talking point is that the Democrats’ vice-presidential nominee, Senator Joe Biden, has years of foreign policy experience as a member, and now chairman, of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

That all depends on what the definition of “experience” is.

Before getting into that, however, a plain fact should be noted: No governor ever had foreign-policy experience before becoming president — not Ronald Reagan, not Franklin D. Roosevelt, nor any other governor.

It is hard to know how many people could possibly have had foreign-policy experience before reaching the White House besides a Secretary of State or a Secretary of Defense.

The fact that Senator Joe Biden has for years listened to all sorts of people testify on all sorts of foreign-policy issues tells us nothing about how well he understood the issues.

Out of the four presidential and vice-presidential candidates this year, only Governor Palin has had to make executive decisions and live with the consequences.

As for Senator Obama, his various pronouncements on foreign policy have been as immature as they have been presumptuous.

He talked publicly about taking military action against Pakistan, one of our few Islamic allies and a nation with nuclear weapons.

Barack Obama’s first response to the Russian invasion of Georgia was to urge “all sides” to negotiate a cease-fire and take their issues to the United Nations. That is standard liberal talk, which even Obama had second thoughts about, after Senator John McCain gave a more grown-up response.

We should all have second thoughts about what is, and is not, foreign-policy “experience.”

— Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZT ... I2MmEyYzU=

End of interlude.

Back to your regularly scheduled tardfest.

ImageImage
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Thank you Tom, very honest.

trev, that was a gutless response. Try again, without avoiding the questions.

Still waiting on the rest of you.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
trev, that was a gutless response. Try again, without avoiding the questions.
And yet, you avoided mine. *shrug*
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

If abortion became illegal, except in the instances of rape, incest, and potential death of the mother - one thing for sure would happen.

The number of "rapes" occurring would spike - probably exponentially - remember women can always change their mind.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

look who gay in phoenix, the biggest fucking pussy on the internets, is calling gutless

trev can kick your ass in any way imaginable- physically, and intellectually
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I picture trev as being a sexy, down to earth, woman with great leadership potential not unlike Sarah Palin. When I see Sarah Palin, I think ....

I bet that's what trev is like. I then proceed to - according to JayDuck and his infinite knowledge of biology - abort several million babies into a tube sock and the rest on the drapes.

:lol:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:Nice try? lol

I didn't try jack squat.
The question as was framed is loaded bullshit.

The issue is entirely too complex with variety of valid views to be boiled down into some ridiculous y/n question posed by an anonymous user on a message board in a thread about the vice presidential nominee that has already been hijacked six ways from Sunday.

So yeah, I'll play ... devil's advocate when it comes to the other side of the argument. I highly doubt the thought of even trying to understand the opposing point of view on this issue has even dawned on you. THAT was my point.

Sorry for "interrupting" you.

:meds: :meds:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

trev, I'll be more than happy to answer your question, if you'll answer the ones I posed first.

Oh and did someone just fart...no wait, Cunta just hit submit. Never mind.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RadioFan wrote:board in a thread about the vice presidential nominee that has already been hijacked six ways from Sunday.
Not really. In fact the pick of Palin has ignited the fire of Obama's campaign to bang the drum quite loudly about this issue in particular. Fearing the loss of woman voters and any women they might have lost due to Hillary not being nominated their only tactic is to go after them preying on their fears that McCain and Palin will somehow disturb the precious right to choose whether or not to kill a baby human - safely and legally.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13103.html
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:trev, I'll be more than happy to answer your question, if you'll answer the ones I posed first.

Oh and did someone just fart...no wait, Cunta just hit submit. Never mind.
No, Jay, that's ok. Like Radiofan said, the issue is too complex to solve here. It's always cute though when I see men discussing abortion.

Thanks coods and Tom. :lol:

Yeah, the mods were sleeping when they didn't split the thread when the abortion debate started.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom In VA wrote:
RadioFan wrote:board in a thread about the vice presidential nominee that has already been hijacked six ways from Sunday.
Not really.
Yes really.

But that's okay. I'm sure one of you anti-choice nutjobs is going to convince one the the pro-abortion whacks pretty soon.

Or vice versa.

Or maybe not.

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

There was actually a very well-written piece co-authored by Carl Sagan and a bioethicist whose name I can't remember about finding compromise on this issue. It was probably written 20 years ago, but from what I remember, it was very well done.

Abortion is one of those issues that gets people completely entrenched because each side believes if they give in even a hair, they're going to lose "everything" on their side of the argument. Gun control and the death penalty are similar in that sense.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs

ImageImage
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

By all means, run with that.

The further in the gutter you losers crawl, the better for us.

And by us, I mean America.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:By all means, run with that. The further in the gutter you losers crawl, the better for us. And by us, I mean America.
Ask John Edwards how well a front page spread in the Inquirer worked for him.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

trev wrote:No, Jay, that's ok. Like Radiofan said, the issue is too complex to solve here. It's always cute though when I see men discussing abortion.
Okay trev, like I said, I was just looking for honest responses. And I agree, it is a very complex issue, not one given to simple yes or no, black and white answers. And you are also right in saying a man cannot understand it the way a woman can, thus the reason I wanted those who are willing to respond to get a female perspective first. I appreciate your candor.

And as I have already stated, I'm not in favor of any arbitrary abortion. It should always be a choice of last resort. In most instances, not a choice at all. But there are exceptions to every rule, and thus my questions.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
Diogenes wrote:By all means, run with that. The further in the gutter you losers crawl, the better for us. And by us, I mean America.
Edwards lied. That was the major problem and why the Democrats distanced themselves from him. The question here is whether or not Sarah lied about the affair. If she did not, if she fully disclosed all her "affairs" during the vetting process. Then there is no real problem. Especially since the family has seemed to recover from the "affair" and been made stronger through the process.

The potential of this backfiring, is still there. We'll see.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom In VA wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Edwards lied. That was the major problem and why the Democrats distanced themselves from him. The question here is whether or not Sarah lied about the affair.
Edwqards also actually had an affair. And the question is whether this is as stupid as the 'pretending her grandson was actually her son 'scandal'' or even stupider.

Keep up the good work, dumbfucks.

ImageImage
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

John Edwards was cornered by ten reporters in a hotel bathroom at 3am while visiting his mistress.
Is that true? Were they getting their kink on? Did they catch the towel guy jacking off?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
John Edwards was cornered by ten reporters in a hotel bathroom at 3am while visiting his mistress.

A little bit different than unsourced rumor/deliberately made up bullshit.
Edwards was cornered nearly a year after the Enquirer made it's first report. As I recall, your current spin was exactly what the Edwards campaign had to say about the Enquirer back then.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown