McCain's Veep

The best of the best
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

poptart wrote:Pro-life is a fringe position?

Oh ...
poptart, we're going around in circles here, getting caught up in semantics. The word was "seems" like fringe, I didn't mean to say you "are" fringe. And you keep losing sight of what I have been saying over and over. There are exceptions, albeit rare ones, where abortion is a viable option. One of absolute last resort. There are other examples of situations where a parent might give thought to abortion, but I never said that was the right choice. I was asking questions about people's opinions on the matter, not making judgements.

That seems to be your thing. Again, there is that word..."seems". It's how you're presenting yourself, at least as I'm viewing it.

That ain't a judgement poptart. Only an observation.
You tossed these two extreme scenarios out and HAVE tried to muddy the waters, proceeding to then call my pro-life position ... fringe.
There is nothing fringe about it.
No again poptart, I am NOT trying to do anything of the sort. And your position, once again, is by no means fringe. Pro-life is and should always be the first consideration. And the second and the third, etc. But people should have the right to CHOOSE when a tragedy comes along to change the rules. Life isn't always fair or simple, you know that. There are layers you have to peel away to get beyond what many people view as absolute right or wrong, or no exceptions, as you "seem" to be suggesting.
So I ask you, aside from these two situations, what scenario(s) exist in which it is rightful to kill a growing child??
Rightfull? Are you asking about legalities or moralities?

In either case, it isn't ever "right", in my opinion. In the horrific extreme(s) however, it may be what someone chooses.

And in those extremes, I refuse to view those people as killers.

I respect your opinions poptart, I trully do. For the greater part, I'm in agreement with you. You just can't put a blanket over a subject this sensitive and say case closed, that there are no other options.

Life, and death are shaded by gray. That sucks, but it is the truth.

Peace pops. No hard feelings or judgements.

Just questions.

Now they've been answered.

I hope I've answered yours. If not, sorry. That's all.

Jay
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

RJ wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:In my case, there'd have to be a "no talking" rule.
I laughed. Your n...igger wife would gorilla slap the teeth out of your head before you could finish the sentence.

You are a nutless, whimpering bag of suck. You don't make rules. You shut the fuck up and take out the trash or you get the shit beaten out of you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yep.

rack it.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

...and a very good way to put a cap on this

Great thread... perhaps Jay and Tart can get a separate thread going...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.