Au revio- Aufwieders-...aw, screw it...Later

The best of the best
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: Au revio- Aufwieders-...aw, screw it...Later

Post by Tom In VA »

What the fuck is this Odgen High School ? Rumps, don't fuck with Rack Fu, I hear he's friends with some guy whose sister is dating Buddy Revell.

Seriously Rack, I knew some pretty smart cats on my football team, football lasted from August to October, November if you're good. Bunch of them participated in non athletic clubs and got rewarded for it when they applied to college. One dude went to William and Mary, the other to the Naval Academy.

Even still, maybe Rumps was delivering a speech one day and wiped some sweat of his brow ......

With his tongue, that would have scored a few cheerleaders - at my school anyway.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

***Bump**, since the piled-on douche has returned to regale us with more whining.

Funny shit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Damn auto-login feature. :brad:

Dinstale, the only person who got in any decent shots was R-Jack. Let's look at your previous steaming dookie that you left in this thread, shall we?

You lifted "OCDmike from R-Jack, followed by...board-bitch...piled-on...plungered...Bitch...prison bitch.

Sigh...

If you're going to fight like a girl, you might as well put these on:

Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

OCmike wrote:~bump~
you're not dead. yet. check
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

You forgot to babble something indecipherable. Please stay in character.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

im drinking alot tonight. it will be ok.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:***Bump**, since the piled-on douche has returned to regale us with more whining.

Funny shit.
Nice catch. Although, the troll he's been posting with was identical writing style. Yes, what a douche. Retires and begins posting with a troll right away to "save face."
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:***Bump**, since the piled-on douche has returned to regale us with more whining.

Funny shit.
Nice catch. Although, the troll he's been posting with was identical writing style. Yes, what a douche. Retires and begins posting with a troll right away to "save face."
Uh, link?

I'd love to see a thread where I've used a troll to defend a post I made as "OCmike", smacked someone who made a nutcase joke about me or any other version of what anyone with a 6th grade edumacation would consider "saving face"?

:?

Have an adult look up "save face" for you and get back to me. I'll wait right here.---------------->_____
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dude, I'm not going to out your troll. You know what you did. Lame.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I hope OCMike is in better spirits and no longer is a guniea pig to the pharm industry an he gets all the invisblem muses he desires. I can say this because I can't remember a single post the guy dropped seeing as everyone else wished he was on enough to tranquilizers to put an '87 Buick full of risas under.
why is my neighborhood on fire
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

OCmike wrote:Have an adult look up "save face" for you and get back to me. I'll wait right here.---------------->_____
Oh, and I think posting your "retirement thread" and coming back right away under a troll is a pretty good example of trying to "save face." Why not come back as your original shit nick?
Verb
to save face
(idiomatic) To make an action or gesture intended to preserve one's reputation or honor
Spare me the semantics of reputation and honor on a message board. What I said applies...sadly.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Let's go back to the first post in this thread and examine the replay.
OCmike wrote: I had PSU remove me as a mod of the main forum yesterday, because I often don't have time to read and post on the board more than a couple of times a week since work keeps me so busy. Things show no sign of letting up in that department, so I started thinking last night and decided that there are other things that I could be doing with the little bit of spare time that I have than posting on the internet.
Make up your fucking mind already, squirrel. You're like a hamster who can't decide which way to spin the wheel.

Lose your new job already?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

IndyFrisco wrote: to save face
(idiomatic) To make an action or gesture intended to preserve one's reputation or honor
Spare me the semantics of reputation and honor on a message board. What I said applies...sadly.[/quote]

Uh, if I was doing so anonymously, how does that save face or in any way improve the reputation or honor for me as "OCmike"?

Answer: It doesn't. Thanks for playing.

And feel free to fuck off for making me use the third person...and check your PMs.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

War Wagon wrote:Let's go back to the first post in this thread and examine the replay.

Make up your fucking mind already, squirrel. You're like a hamster who can't decide which way to spin the wheel.

Lose your new job already?
The wheel always goes counter-clockwise...unless you're in the southern hemisphere...I think.

No, unlike an unskilled low-paying job like, I don't know, pallet jockey, I have a niche job, am quite good at it and I'm not easily replaceable. In fact, the only reason why we're having this discussion in the first place is that I'm so far ahead of the curve on my company's current project that I haven't had shit to do for about 7 of 8 hours of the day all week.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFrisco wrote: Oh, and I think posting your "retirement thread" and coming back right away under a troll is a pretty good example of trying to "save face."
Umm, no.. it's a good example of a bitch move, not of trying to "save face", since nobody but an admin would actually be privy to the alleged face saving.

Sheesh...
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

OCmike wrote:I haven't had shit to do for about 7 of 8 hours of the day all week.
That's cool & all, but, see, it's always gonna come back to that pesky:
OCMike wrote:there are other things that I could be doing with the little bit of spare time that I have than posting on the internet.
Know what I'm sayin?
"I see everything twice!"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote: Oh, and I think posting your "retirement thread" and coming back right away under a troll is a pretty good example of trying to "save face."
Umm, no.. it's a good example of a bitch move, not of trying to "save face", since nobody but an admin would actually be privy to the alleged face saving.

Sheesh...
Dude, read other threads. He came back and posted accidentally as his old nic. Dins busted him. He then replied and cursed the auto-login feature. He outed himself as trolling. I did not out his troll. Nuff said.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OCmike wrote: The wheel always goes counter-clockwise...unless you're in the southern hemisphere...I think.
Sounds like a humpday challege question to me.

Welcome back, but prepare for the onslaught.

Oh, and lose the troll.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFrisco wrote:I did not out his troll.
That wasn't even the point. Must everything be explained to you in exquisite detail?

Shit, but I'd rather be excoriated by R-Jack and mv than have to go there.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I did not out his troll.
That wasn't even the point. Must everything be explained to you in exquisite detail?

Shit, but I'd rather be excoriated by R-Jack and mv than have to go there.
Yeah, expound upon. He outed himself as trolling. I said he was saving face. Had he not confirmed it prior to, then yeah, admin be damned. That's where the disconnect here is because you said it was something only an admin would know. The cat was already out of the bag.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I hope OCMike is in better spirits and no longer is a guniea pig to the pharm industry an he gets all the invisblem muses he desires. I can say this because I can't remember a single post the guy dropped seeing as everyone else wished he was on enough to tranquilizers to put an '87 Buick full of risas under.
:?

It's way too early to be that fucked up, even if you are in Missouri. Old white people and FLA jews drive Buicks. Blacks drive Oldsmobile Delta 88's. I thought everyone knew that.
Smackie Chan wrote:
OCmike wrote:I haven't had shit to do for about 7 of 8 hours of the day all week.
That's cool & all, but, see, it's always gonna come back to that pesky:
OCMike wrote:there are other things that I could be doing with the little bit of spare time that I have than posting on the internet.
Know what I'm sayin?
Persimmons & kumquats, my friend. In the first I was speaking about work hours. In the latter, I was speaking about time at home. If I'm on my off time, I don't spend it on message boards, I watch movies or jerk off to por...uh, what?...I mean, read or watch a bitchin episode of Ice Road Truckers or some such.

Yeah, I got busted logging in to check my PMs while at work during fuck off time. Call the internet cops!!! I've sent plenty since I posted this thread and haven't gotten one "Ah-HA!!!" response back yet, so you'll have to excuse me if I :? at the responses in this thread.
Wags wrote:Sounds like a humpday challege question to me.

Welcome back, but prepare for the onslaught.

Oh, and lose the troll.
Indy said I was trolling. I didn't.

According to UrbanDictionary.com:

Troll (noun)

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Please point out one instance of me doing that. Again, I'll be over here anxiously awaiting your response----->____

Now, if I was the tool you are all claiming I was, would I still be here tonight posting under "OCmike"? I fucked up and I'm taking my medicine. But don't expect me not to fire back, fuckfacii.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFrisco wrote:Retires and begins posting with a troll right away to "save face."
you knew "right away". What does that mean?

Does "right away" mean 3 weeks, 3 days, or 3 hours?

Do tell.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Uh, ask me, Beavis. I'll tell you. It was about three weeks.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OCmike wrote: Call the internet cops!!!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of T1B.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Retires and begins posting with a troll right away to "save face."
you knew "right away". What does that mean?

Does "right away" mean 3 weeks, 3 days, or 3 hours?

Do tell.
As I said before, I'm not outing trolls...regardless of your definition of troll. You think I'm stupid enough to take that bait? Give you a timeframe? I'm not from KC.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Who else said OCMike was posting as a troll ?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I gotta come clean, Tom. I'm "AP's Tarp-sized Panties", "AP's Self of Steam", "Dinstale", "A-Bomb", "Risa" & "Martyred".
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mike is one of a rare breed. He has something to say, and despite stepping on his own dick sometimes, says it quite eloquently.

We'll take our Jackass back, btw. Not that I can speak for all the Jackasses, but it takes one to know one.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

OCmike wrote:If I'm on my off time, I don't spend it on message boards
Um...yeah.
Yeah, I got busted logging in to check my PMs while at work during fuck off time. Call the internet cops!!!
No, I won't do that. What I'd rather do is recap, identify where it all went so horribly wrong, apply a few lessons learned, and try to see if we can't turn this negative into a positive.

In summary, you posted a thread saying you were no longer going to post here - retire, if you will. You stated some reasons for your decision and activities you would pursue during those hours when you wouldn't be posting. The "retirement" lasted about two weeks, at least under this nic. It really doesn't matter why it ended, but it did.

I think we can all agree that, for a number of reasons, the decision to post this thread, and the subsequent acting upon that decision, were less than prudent. Sure, it guaranteed that fun would be had by all (but you) due to the inevitable ensuing pile-on, but I doubt that your intent was to provide entertainment for the rest of us at your expense when you hit "Submit." So from that standpoint, it certainly meets the standard of being considered a negative for the individual who posted it, and now our challenge is to see what good can be derived, both personally for you, and perhaps for others who may be able to benefit from your tragic error in judgment, to see if we can perhaps avoid this again in the future. We'll try not to overcomplicate this.

Let's see...think now...what can we possibly take away from this that can be put in very simple terms that anyone can understand?

Hmmm....

Wait...it's coming to me...

Just about there...

OK...how's this:

DON'T POST RETIREMENT THREADS!!!

Nothing good (for the poster) can possibly come of it. Here's a thought...if you decide you might not wanna post anymore, why not...oh, I don't know....JUST STOP POSTING?!?. That way, there's none of this nasty, though rewarding, backlash that has to be endured upon the almost invariable return.

Just here to help.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RACK!!! Smackie

We're all going to retire someday. Hopefully, someone places some flowers and hopefully you deserved those flowers, but let's not be in too big a hurry to get there.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I think it's High Time.

Literally, if not, lyrically.
You told me goodbye, how was I to know
you didn't mean goodbye, you meant please don't let me go?

I was having a high time, living the good life, well I know

The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay,
now listen here, Baby, 'cause I mean what I say.

I'm having a hard time, living the good life, well I know.

I was losing time, I had nothing to do,
no one to fight, I came to you.
Wheels broke down, leader won't draw,
the line is busted, the last one I saw.
Tomorrow come trouble, tomorrow come pain,
now don't think too hard Baby, 'cause I know what I'm saying.

I could show you a high time, living the good life, don't be that way.

Nothing's for certain, it could always go wrong,

We could have us a high time, living the good life, well I know.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Not sure exactly what's happening in here. Anything funny happen lately, Mike?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

PSUFAN wrote:Not sure exactly what's happening in here. Anything funny happen lately, Mike?
Yeah, actually I just dropped the Jigsaw voice from "Saw" on my OL when she called. She wasn't expecting it, so I got a $$ response. Thanks for asking.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Smackie wrote:I think we can all agree that, for a number of reasons, the decision to post this thread, and the subsequent acting upon that decision, were less than prudent. Sure, it guaranteed that fun would be had by all (but you) due to the inevitable ensuing pile-on, but I doubt that your intent was to provide entertainment for the rest of us at your expense when you hit "Submit."
And you would be wrong. What, do you think I just fell of the turnip truck yesterday? Look, Smackie, the only reason that any of you knew that I was mentally ill is because I told you that I was mentally ill many moons ago...probably six months or so ago.

I chose to do so after much thought in a particular thread where mental illness was being discussed because:

A. In horror movies there is this misconception that everyone with schizophrenia or any of the associated disorders is a homicidal maniac. Knowing that I had met many people from the boards over the years, who knew me as a "regular" guy I felt that I could make a difference in some peoples' perceptions of the mentally ill by saying, "Hey, guess what...you've been yammering with one of them for 10 years."

2. I know that I can out-smack 3/4's of the posters here (though I clearly left R-Jack too many softballs :lol:) when properly motivated, so I felt confident that I could take their predictable "up your meds" smack.

I sincerely had every intention of moving on, as I had tired of the constant racial and political threads that had dominated CdS for the better part of a year now. PSU has begun addressing it of late with his "At least try to be funny!" posts, but he might as well have been asking mvscal to judge people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. I really felt like this board had lost it's way and I had as well.

I have always loved to make people laugh. Before I met the dreamkiller...uh, I mean my wife, I was attending college to become a screenwriter and had already sold my first screenplay which was made into an indie comedy and sold over 1,000 copies. I attended one of the screenings of the film and was filled with pride hearing actors recite the lines that I wrote and hearing the audience laugh when I hoped they would. It was one of the best feelings of my life.

I had connections in Hollywood with both an editor and a director, either of which could have gotten me a job with the right people, but I decided to take a break from college for a sure thing where I could make some decent money and got into the healthcare IT business. Along the way, I met my OL, started a family, and am still working in that industry today. I'm happy with my job, but nowhere NEAR as happy as I was making people laugh. Jokes aside, my wife was actually very supportive of me pursuing a writing career, but the meds that I had to take in order to not be a miserable nothing, sapped my creativity and I've been unable to complete a screenplay on which I had written 100 pages. I've had 20 fucking pages to go for seven years now and I can't finish it. It's a totally original story and I know that it would sell, as unique action-comedies usually do, but I mentally can't finish it. If I could write those last twenty pages, I could sell that script for seven figures and I can't do it. And you think I give a fuck what some guys on an interweb message board think about my "retirement"? I've been blessed with the ability to create something that would make both my family and my parents set for life, had an inside contact in Hollywood, which is the hardest part of making yourself a success there, yet at the same time was stricken with an illness that leaves me unable to complete it. So as you might imagine, I get a little bit bitter at times.

So one day, not too long ago, I said to myself, "SELF! You've become a bitter, unfunny twat. You joined these boards to make people laugh and to laugh at their posts, yet you do neither." So I decided to post a retirement thread, not in some self-aggrandizing fashion, to get gratuitous racks and such, but to say "Thanks". You think I didn't know that the loser contingent would show up in droves?! Give me a little bit of credit, you old, gray-haired fuck. I did it for everyone else...those that have made ME laugh or that I consider my "friends", all while knowing that the loser nation ('sup Dins) would pile-on in pathetic fashion. "Hey, look...there's a mentally ill guy! BWAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!" Ha-fucking-ha. I never thought I'd actually quote Mike Tyson in a meaningful moment, but 99% of you dipshits that take shots at me wouldn't last ten minutes in my world.

Even still, you guys were there and pushed me to be more creative and more original in the first 100 pages of my script, but you were also there when I fell off the cliff and couldn't finish it. You were there when I went from an upscale SoCal neighborhood to losing everything and moving into a single-wide trailer in central Texas with my in-laws. So yeah, I do feel like i owe you thanks and I don't mind sacrificing my pride to tell you so. I hit rock-fucking-bottom, as low as a motherfucker can go, and you guys still made me laugh. I didn't even want to get out of bed to take a piss, but I'd get up to read T1B because I needed the comic relief.

Call it a result of upbringing or whateverthefuck you want, but I felt obligated to tell you all the part that you played in my healing as member of the board, but more importantly as a person. Other than a bit of false bravado here and there, I've always posted as "just me" on every board. So by you all helping me, I would've felt like a dick if I didn't let you know that you'd literally made a difference in my life and helped to heal me.
So from that standpoint, it certainly meets the standard of being considered a negative for the individual who posted it, and now our challenge is to see what good can be derived, both personally for you, and perhaps for others who may be able to benefit from your tragic error in judgment, to see if we can perhaps avoid this again in the future. We'll try not to overcomplicate this.

Let's see...think now...what can we possibly take away from this that can be put in very simple terms that anyone can understand?

Hmmm....

Wait...it's coming to me...

Just about there...

OK...how's this:

DON'T POST RETIREMENT THREADS!!!

Jesus H. Christo, can I get a little bit of credit here? Do you honestly think that after 10 years of doing this that I didn't know how a "retirement" thread would go? I didn't say what I said for those that responded, but more for those that I knew wouldn't respond. The people who made me laugh over the years are generally the types that avoid those types of threads. People like Mgo, Bace, ST, Biggie, Uncle Fester, R-Jack(who unfortunately didn't didn't avoid this thread), DC Smackmaster, MCET, PSU (wait...you were a dick, nevermind), HH, and others who always say they never make lists. THOSE are the people I was thanking. I could give a fuck about the rest of the tools find entertainment here by arguing race and politics ad nauseum.
Nothing good (for the poster) can possibly come of it. Here's a thought...if you decide you might not wanna post anymore, why not...oh, I don't know....JUST STOP POSTING?!?. That way, there's none of this nasty, though rewarding, backlash that has to be endured upon the almost invariable return.

Just here to help.
And I appreciate it. And you're right, unless you're so sick that doctors tell you that you're completely fucked and that no medication will ever bring you back to what you once were. In that case, unless you're a complete cocksucker, you might feel a bit of gratitude to those that helped pull you out of the pit of despair.

I don't mind sacrificing a little bit of pride to say "thanks".
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

PSUFAN wrote:Not sure exactly what's happening in here. Anything funny happen lately, Mike?
You know, at first I didn't think anything funny was happening here, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was pretty funny that some pathetic fuck from Pennsylvania felt some kind of self-importance over a borderline insane person having to take high doses of daily meds and reach deep inside himself just to be able to work to support his family while said PA resident wallows in mediocrity. Wow, what a sense of pride you must feel as I work twice as hard mentally as you do to produce the same amount of work You, sir, are a fucking inspiration to the rest of us.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

For your information, I was genuinely attempting to derail the thread back towards what everyone regards as a clear strength - your storytelling. Somehow, you derived a slight from that? I figured, shit - maybe Mike has something to make us all laugh, like he usually did and does. Oh well...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Ah...err...uh, I knew that. Sorry, bro. I was kinda on auto-defensive mode. Fuck...now I feel like a dick. You've always been really cool to me, PSU, so thanks for that. Do keep in mind that I'm a paranoid-schizophrenic, so it's not personal, I kinda feel like everything's an attack. Sometimes it's a blessing on a smack board, sometimes it's a curse.

I've kinda lost my way as the years have passed me by, which was why I decided to quit and then posted here and there after a few weeks with a new nic when things were starting to change, thinking a fresh start would do me good. I guess i wanted to say thanks and later as OCmike and start anew as someone who could make people laugh, rather than some dude that people felt sorry for. I don't want or need anyone's pity, as I'm a survivor, not a victim. But I had put myself in a position, because of my brutal honesty, where i was forced to make a decision.

Anyway, sorry about the confusion, but if you have any spare change or aluminum cans, please put them in my shopping cart so I can buy some cat food for dinner tonight.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Bizzarofelice wrote:enough to tranquilizers to put an '87 Buick full of risas under.
That would be one risa.

Maybe you meant 87 buicks?

Or a busload of Risas?

:shock:

Uh oh. Sorry.

That's the stuff of nightmares.

I hope I don't dream of a risa busnami. I'm not medicated enough for that.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I wrote:I doubt that your intent was to provide entertainment for the rest of us at your expense when you hit "Submit."
So you decided to go with the tried and true Pee Wee Herman defense. Well played, I guess.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OCmike wrote:I gotta come clean, Tom. I'm "AP's Tarp-sized Panties", "AP's Self of Steam", "Dinstale", "A-Bomb", "Risa" & "Martyred".
don't forget "dan's college room mate", my first (and hopefully last) attempt at a shit troll.

I think it got outed in about 3 minutes.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.