How do you spend your disposable income?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

How do you spend your disposable income?

Post by Cornhusker »

Apparently Bill Callahan does it like this. Hello Big 12 officials..

This coming from a guy that spins integrity and tradition about a program he knows nothing about.
I realize he was pissed about no holding on a couple plays, ( I was too) and yes they were costly, but to finish an argument like this is ridicuous.

I suspect this will hammer a nail home in his coffin. A random poll by a local paper asked 1200 people if they felt Callahan was moving NU in the right direction. 66% said no.

http://myweb.unomaha.edu/~bpharris/cally2.gif

Ironically, on NU's first play going into a 40 mph wind at your own 20 you empty the damn backfield! Idiot, so a game starting sack for an 8 yard loss and punting 2 plays later to give OU the ball at the 50. Parlayed into 7 pts. (I felt the same gesture should have been befittingly aimed at Callahan.)

Memo to Callahan "run the freekin' fooball in practice. Your ego gets in the way of teaching football fundamentals."
It also might help if you wake the team up prior to kick-off.

You don't run, you don't win.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

If you don't pass block when you're not running, you don't win either. We sacked ol' boy 9 times and got countless pressures on him. This game wasn't JUST about Coach HillBill not running the ball. He COULDN'T run the ball. I mean, if Nebbish fans want to see him running his head (or tailback) into a brick wall all day, then yeah, go for it... but it's not ALL on him.

Sin,
Someone who wants Callahan to stay at Nebraska, Mack at Texas, and John Blake anywhere in the Big 12 except OU...
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

the_ouskull wrote:If you don't pass block when you're not running, you don't win either. We sacked ol' boy 9 times and got countless pressures on him. This game wasn't JUST about Coach HillBill not running the ball. He COULDN'T run the ball. I mean, if Nebbish fans want to see him running his head (or tailback) into a brick wall all day, then yeah, go for it... but it's not ALL on him.

Sin,
Someone who wants Callahan to stay at Nebraska, Mack at Texas, and John Blake anywhere in the Big 12 except OU...

My point was in general. As in all year.
That's why I made "he needs to practice running" comment.
As far as Saturday...no he wasn't gonna run anywhere because he doesn't want to attempt to be proficent at it inspite of his "we want to be a balanced offense" B.S.
I mentioned NU actually pass blocks not as terrible as it run blocks, in another thread last week.
However, this is without a doubt the worst O-line I've ever seen at NU.
Last year was a close second.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Quality alcohol.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

[quote="Believe the Heupel]"What do you mean? What are you talking about," Callahan said.[/quote]

This quote was Monday on the Big 12 tele conference. Here's the thing the national media my miss out on.
Callahan tapes his Sunday evening T.V. show Sunday A.M. or sometimes Saturday night.
He taped the show Sunday this week.
Before the taping, he was approached by "members of the athletic department" who asked him to apologize during the taping. He refused to apologize.
Now the next day his first answer to his first question is the above quote.

It called blind denial, as well as being and idiot. Didn't anyone (Pederson) advise this guy? He had a chance to do damage control and move on. This ain't gonna sit well with NU fan.

Pederson accomplished a mirror image hire for sure. Takes one to know one.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

This guy is a TOTAL embarrassment to NU on and off the field. I’d bet my left nut this is his last season. All you need is a big loss to CU and he’ll be gonzo.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

IndyFrisco wrote:This guy is a TOTAL embarrassment to NU on and off the field. I’d bet my left nut this is his last season. All you need is a big loss to CU and he’ll be gonzo.
Callahan's ace in the hole is Pederson.
He alienated 50% of Husker fans with the Solich firing ( Not me.)
His legacy is Callahan. He knows he won't survive if he admits a mistake in the hiring.
He'll spin control long and hard to support him to cover his own ass.
We'll hear " it takes time and we need to be patient."
After all, Pederson "refuses to surrender the Big 12 to Texas and Oklahoma." (a quote when he let Solich go.) So we were all supposed to rest easy.

I think getting worked by Colorado this season is becoming a reality with NU fan. However a loss to KU and/or KSU will rattle the natives.
No bowl game and the shit will hit the fan.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Callahan will not be gone after this season. I think Peterson gives him 4 years because firing him now and killing recruiting again (which it did in 2003 after Solich was fired) would be absolutely insane.
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

I was in Nebraska a couple of weeks ago and it seems that the Husker fans believed in the coach prior to Callahan...

Just goes to show that coaches are dispensable...